Lemon Haze In Coco - 12/12 From Seed - First Journal

Looks nice.

What I meant about the huge pot that the seedling is in is that it =Can= have a higher chance to be drowned because the pot needs days and days and days to dry out.

But anyway keep up the good work they should be alright if you don't flood them :bongrip:
Thanks for this advice. I thought this was the benefit of using coco that it was very difficult to overwater?

I just picked up on something else, should i feed everytime i water with coco?
I will get some photos of the girls under normal light later on see what you guys think.

Sent from my E5823 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I just picked up on something else, should i feed everytime i water with coco?
I will get some photos of the girls under normal light later on see what you guys think.

Hi man, all looking good on your side. The bonsai looks interesting. You can tell if your plants need more water as they get droopy. I'm growing in compost with no added perlite or rocks for drainage and she got through just fine. The soil stays wet longer in bigger container though. I'm looking forward for the pics. Thank you. Happy growing. :Namaste:

Thanks on the bonsai front Tomula, looks real cool on the coffee table haha
But i think i may have discovered the problem anyway. I dida slurry test on my medium and ph came out at 7.8!!! Not good
So plants have been flushed with ph water runoff now at 6. Will be feeding at ph 5.8 from now on.
Plant 1
420-magazine-mobile256048309.jpg

Plant 2
420-magazine-mobile1580357807.jpg

Plant 3
420-magazine-mobile243538897.jpg

Theres going to be a change in light schedule to 15/9 as i have to go away for a few days and want to make things as easy as possible for the friend that will be watching the plants. I was also a little disappointed with their size for their current age which i can put down to my inexperience but i need the harvest from this crop to give me enough meds until next harvest to make the investment in all the equipment worthwhile.
Thanks for the comments guys any help and advice much welcome.
Do my girls look a little pale to any of you?
Cheers

Good you've checked the PH, it's not so much of a problem at the beginning as the plant has nutrients from the seed. But later the fluctuation can lead to some damage. I think you will find them going for it again. And all the fresh growth is gonna be pale. Feed ad 1/4 or less strength and see them react first. Good job!

So i can better see the point of the pots being to big and holding too much water, havent watered since that flush and still plenty of wet in there.
This has obviously set the girls back abit but theyre still with us so not all bad. You live and you learn thanks for the lessom guys.
Away for a few days now so pots should have dried out some by the time i get back. A friend will watch them in case they do need a little water and i do mean a little this time haha
I think i must have just read about watering to run off in coco and kinda overlooked the fact they were still babies.
Catch you when im back tho guys happy growing.

Sent from my E5823 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Been a while but we back guys and things are happening now.
Got back from my trip a few days ago but have been crazy busy.
Plants looked the same when i got back, but they have not been watered for a week. Shows how much i was overwatering these small plants, lesson learned though.
I did attempt to fim two plants when i got back but dont know if i removed enough as it didnt show the expected effect so all 3 got fimmed again today.
But the plants are thanking for no water and are actually growing now so if things are looking good in a week or so i will flip to flower. My aim is 2oz per plant minimum but the more the merrier of course.

Pics anyway.

Plant 1:
420-magazine-mobile1084253663.jpg

Plant 2:
420-magazine-mobile1539243670.jpg

Plant 3:
420-magazine-mobile1599204993.jpg

You should be able to make out my fim mistakes in pics 1 and 2, i just dont think i removed enough.
But all new growth on the plants is a nice colour.
Going to start on a proper watering cycle when i think the pots are ready should be next couple of days with a half strength dose of biobizz bio grow and 2ml per litre of homemade organic calmag thats been brewing, feeding every other watering. I dont live far from a well stocked grow store stocking a nice selection of organic nutes as this is how i want to learn to grow.

Following this feed chart
420-magazine-mobile50970817.jpg

Any input welcome

Cheers

Hi man welcome back, thanks for the pictures, they've grown up nicely. I wish you luck with you feeding. Happy growing! :Namaste:

Sorry about lack of updates but heres another
So i believe the girls have rooted properly now as growth has taken off adding almost a cm a day if i dnt mess around them with, have been trying some fimming and supercropping.
Plant responding well to feeding but i did run a few full strength feeds 2ml/L.
P1 21cm
420-magazine-mobile16691330.jpg

P2 20cm
420-magazine-mobile1595115128.jpg

P3 20cm
420-magazine-mobile2118614790.jpg

Im thinking i may flip in a couple days as i want the plants to be managable as it my first time but do you think if i was to flip now 2oz per plant would even be achievable?

Have been feeding at ph 5.8, run off yesterday measured 6.8 so will be feeding at 5.5 next time to try to combat.

Thanks guys, stay growing

The damage on some of the leaves are my fault btw, i attempted some fimming following instructions but i dont believe they worked. Attempted again on plant 1 and 2, to compare against.
The little pot.in the background is the the little bonsai all trimmed up if anyone was interested.
420-magazine-mobile1662945235.jpg

Seems like too much nitrogen still very green trying to flush out.
Hopefully this fills out.

Quick update, day 5 of 12/12 technically but plants have to go into hiding for half a day so hopefully wont be too detrimental to them.
But heres some pics of progress
P1
420-magazine-mobile9019723.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2039305726.jpg

P2
420-magazine-mobile1556068681.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1869838627.jpg

P3
420-magazine-mobile1385728253.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1699908956.jpg

Will update when all is back normal will also be doing some lst when plants are back.
Fed one lot of flowering nutes 1ml biogrow
1 ml biobloom
1ml topmax
1ml homemade calmag. Ph 5.5
Only took about 1.5l until run off, pots wet so have been letting them dry out the rest of this week.

Cheers guys happy growing!

Here we go then, another information download.
Plants coped fine with their night in hiding and the pictures below show them one week after switch to 12/12, no signs of hairs yet but still stretching their legs.
Plants have been bent over and i did some lst on them while they're still all pliable, lower branches now reaching up to meet canopy.
Will be feeding tonight so will update with food and ph info
But onto some pics

P1
420-magazine-mobile1547546466.jpg

P2
420-magazine-mobile1123458748.jpg

P3
420-magazine-mobile1342678511.jpg

So fed last night all plants got the below feeds per litre, i was a little rushed and didnt get to the point of run off before lights off so i will continue feeding this evening until this point.
But feeds
Bio grow 2ml
Bio bloom 2ml
Topmax 1 ml
Cal mag 1ml
Ph 5.8.

If anyone is wondering why i am still feeding at full strength i stumbled upon some info that is apparently taken from a biobizz newsletter saying growers using coco should actually add 40% to values on feeding chart but i just kept it at full strenghth. I dont see the point in messing until there is a problem. Also planning on a big flush, mid flower around week 4.
Hopefully i should start to see some hairs coming through next few days then the countdown begins.
Happy growing peeps

At time of post
Day 19 under 12/12
Day 5 of 'flower'
So plants so showed hairs early this week ive been working trying to get a fairly even canopy, photos dont show it too well, trimming an occasional fan leaf to make way for bud sites but ive just been letting them do theyre thing really.
This weeks feed was
2ml grow
2ml bloom
1ml topmax
1ml calmag
Ph 5.8

I have friend that runs hydro using one of the canna line of nutes and hes saying it might be worth investing in equipment to test ppm of my nutes but is this truly relevant to the biobizz line of nutes, i mean the grow part itself is a black gloopy mess not far off from molasses.
Im happy to keep things as they are until the plants tell me otherwise though.

P1
420-magazine-mobile592682484.jpg

P2
420-magazine-mobile1193798292.jpg

P3
420-magazine-mobile2040135662.jpg

Happy growing!

They all look good! You are doing great! What an interesting idea this is. Keeping an eye out! Happy growing!

I have friend that runs hydro using one of the canna line of nutes and hes saying it might be worth investing in equipment to test ppm of my nutes but is this truly relevant to the biobizz line of nutes, i mean the grow part itself is a black gloopy mess not far off from molasses.
Im happy to keep things as they are until the plants tell me otherwise though.

:byebye: Hi!

Being able to measure the ppm is certainly helpful if there is a problem or you want to push the plants hard with nutes and need more accurate info. Personally, I think your plants look fine. If you don't want to bother with the ppm, I say don't unless your plants give you a reason to. Someone who tests ppm religiously though will probably disagree with me. :blalol:

Edit: Oh and I meant to add, I'm totally going to look up that CO2 box you have. I have 10 bags of Reishi mushrooms sitting 2 feet from the closet with my autos and can make more in hours. I'm intrigued!

:byebye: Hi!

Being able to measure the ppm is certainly helpful if there is a problem or you want to push the plants hard with nutes and need more accurate info. Personally, I think your plants look fine. If you don't want to bother with the ppm, I say don't unless your plants give you a reason to. Someone who tests ppm religiously though will probably disagree with me. :blalol:

Edit: Oh and I meant to add, I'm totally going to look up that CO2 box you have. I have 10 bags of Reishi mushrooms sitting 2 feet from the closet with my autos and can make more in hours. I'm intrigued!
I think im going to leave the ppm for now, from my overwatering at the start ive learned the plant will tell you what it needs and ive always got you guys and your wealth of knowledge so we'll see how it goes.

As for the co2 boxes im glad i found these guys, i do grow some mushrooms myself and they sell sterilised substrate bags like the one inside the box ready to be injected with spores of your choosing, could save a ton of work.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom