Confused - Coco - AK48 12/12 from seed - 4weeks In

Well its been two weeks and i think one day since i saw the first pistils so i guesse 7/8 weeks left, which would be awesome. Just in time for xmas :)

I feed them usually on every 3rd day although its something that i really cant decide upon, i have one of those meters that measure ph and dryness but i dont think its the most reliable guide. They always seem to wilt a little by the day i water them. Oh yeah and roughly 2/3 litre of water/feed.

well your plants look great, but do you see the leaves that are rigidly curling downwards? that's from too heavy of a feeding, but that's on the old growth, so it's in the past. the new growth is at the top of the plant, and it looks really healthy. I don't think you're confused at all :)

I am not as experienced as half of the growers here,but IMO nutrients are going to vary from strain to strain, even plant to plant.
I picture it this way, all humans are different, we all like different things, different opinions.
Our plants, also vary in what they like & want, they are going to show you that they did or didn't like what you fed them asap, as their "opinion"... if that makes sense LOL I am baked.. It takes time and knowledge on the strain your growing to get a good sense of what she likes. Best possible set up would be having a mother plant and doing a perpetual on her for over 10+ harvests, 10 harvests under your belt on the same strain, you will eventually know her genetics and tendencies like the back of your hand and would be able to absolutely kill it on the growing scene :)

Thats some wise stuff right there, makes perfect sense to me. Although im baked too lol :Namaste:

Depends on my bakedness... but I was very medicated when I wrote that and it still makes some sense to me :laugh:
LOL, hope all is well with you Confused1 :Namaste:

Haha I barely use my carbon scrubber.. I use febreeze! Seems to work for awhile until the ganj powers through! We all enjoy the smell ha :) They seem to be growing super slow but I think that's from my constant observation and pictures! I did an update today and am going to hold off for a week or so until I see photos worthy of updating :Namaste: Keep em green!

I think i might have spoke too soon, looks like i might have a big problem. Im hoping its not but could definately use some opinions here.. I plucked a couple of the larger calyx's (the ones that seem to grow below the buds in the corners of the nodes) and found what im pretty damn sure are very young seeds. Im hoping its just some wierd thing that happens but im guessing its not.

Here is one of the calyx's in question:
DSCF31903.jpg

Here is it torn open and the small green thing looks identical to a seed just smaller and greener:
DSCF31922.jpg

Now all 9 of my plants are feminized and none show any signs of male flowers alongside their many pistils so not sure what could have pollenated my plants.. but i have a Lemon Skunk sativa which is very mutated is has a stem which is two stems fused together and has started producing dozens of leaves super tightly packed, could this have turned hermie?..
DSCF31933.jpg

Any help is much appreciated :)

I have gotten these also Confused1, I think of them as hermie buds. But this is where I am not sure, Is this hermie or unstable genetics?

When I got this in my last indoor grow I let them be, continued growing them out until harvest day. Although those little seeds wont go away, keeping the girl in good conditions will help her finish up nicely and hopefully keep the mini seed production to a minimum. Having this around your other girls is another topic which again I am unsure of, I have read that hermie pollen can spread like male pollen.. But growing my hermie plant next to my sinsemilla girls didn't have any ill effects.. SO I am up in the air with that. Hope fully this gave ya some info to go off of Confused, stay well :peace:

im very very new to growing, but i thought the seeds would be inside the buds themselves, not below as you pictured it, not sure what you have there, my girls also have similar pods, but i have not opened any to see whats in them, maybe i will today , just to see if i have the same thing you showed, ill let you know if i find anything,

Thanks allot for the comments that does make me feel allot more relaxed about the whole thing especially as CA youv had them before. I think i have had them before when i have bought weed.. sometimes i find tiny tiny little brown specs that on close inspection are i assume undeveloped seeds.. they dont seem to affect the smoke so if that is all im getting then im fine with that.

But the hermie thing is confusing me.. i only have one plant that i deem as a possible hermie (because its growing bud ALLOT slower than the rest and its mutated somewhat). But problem is i cant find any pollen sacks... if i did i would probably murder my hermie in a brutal rage but so far its not clear whats happened :(

take it day by day, it's hard to tell you what to do with unstable genetics. it may be mildly seeded, it may be heavily seeded, or it may just have infertile nanners. there is a possibility that it may pollinate your other crops.

I have an unstable acid gene that only pollinates itself and gave me a few seeds deep inside the buds, so I continue to grow it.

good luck

Yeah i think im going to have to see what happens, i have had a really through look at all the plants now comparing them to pictures of the nanners and whole pollen sacks and there is literally nothing that even slightly resembles either, the only way there could be is if they are so small their still tucked away in the buds.. so i really dont get how i have found these tiny seeds in all of my plants lol.

Oh well im onboard now so well see what happens

Sorry to keep going on but i do have one more question for you and CA215..

On the plants you guys have found seeds.. how was the bud in terms of yield and quality? was there much effect caused by the lil buggers?

They came out to be very good bud honestly, my gsc was doing what you have pictured above, grew it out t some fine sweet smoke!
When I grind up the nugs the very bottom stuff has a good 20-30 of those small little green ones you picked out, although they are now brown little specs. I have seen this in meds from dispensaries as well. Unstable genetics or unstable growing conditions, could be a combo of the two. But, if you checked those micros on my current page, the micros labeled "GSC" are "hermieish" buds :)
gsc32.jpg

I really do think it might make the smoke harsher, but, still smokeable and gets me medicated quite nicely :)

Back
Top Bottom