Copperrein's 2021 Hubby Medicine With NextLight: Snowcaine & Trainwreck Indoor Soil, Oh Dear

Thank you, lady! <3 I'm having a blast. Oh...colder temps in the flower room....good idea. That settles it: two rooms. One thing I do like about soil is being able to move plants.

Do you think a flush was the right way to go? I'll get a reading on the runoff in a bit...the man's still asleep and my meters are in the bedroom tent.
To be honest, I’m not sure about the flush. What exactly are you flushing? Seems like flushing seedlings might create another problem (overwatering?). If it were my seedlings I might consider getting them out of that soil and reintroduce them to it once they’ve grown/recovered a bit and the soil has had a chance to cook. I’d likely end up killing them all too….so there’s that. Your instincts have been working well for you, trust them! Sorry I couldn’t give you a solution, I’m still learning shit. :straightface:

To be honest, I’m not sure about the flush. What exactly are you flushing? Seems like flushing seedlings might create another problem (overwatering?). If it were my seedlings I might consider getting them out of that soil and reintroduce them to it once they’ve grown/recovered a bit and the soil has had a chance to cook. I’d likely end up killing them all too….so there’s that. Your instincts have been working well for you, trust them! Sorry I couldn’t give you a solution, I’m still learning shit. :straightface:
I think I added too much bloodmeal and am burning them with nitrogen. The water that came out smells really old-blood gross if that makes sense. There's just a not normal amount of leaf tip burn. At least that's what I'm seeing.

Hey...look at that! Not letting my plants sit in super hot soil has helped! Snowcaine 1 is leading the pack with the first true set of leaves standing proud of the rest of the plant. The replacement Snowcaine...different story:

I dropped and popped her the same as before, waiting until her taproot was 1/4" about before I placed her oh so carefully in a peat plug. I made damn sure that taproot was down and the helmet up. Yesterday around lunch I could see the helmet starting to peek out of the top of the plug. Dandy! Nope. Went up last night and the helmet was gone. No sign of the plant. The hell? Did a mouse get her?

I pulled the plug apart and what do I find? Little shit decided to grow upside down. Really? REALLY? I did some gentle rearrangement and got her facing the right way.

This morning I check and she's back down again? Not limp at all. She seems very determined to off herself. Once again I have reconnoitered her nutzo ass and placed in her some very well washed and pH'd soil. This is frustrating. Do strains just sometimes suck at certain stages of growth? Did I finally run out of plant luck? If so to which deity do I make my sacrifice?

The sky is falling! The sky IS FALLING! Just now when I posted that photo above of little miss headstand I thought I saw the start of dampening off there in her bendy neck area. I was about to throw my mug but decided to get better photos with my actual camera and wheeew! False alarm, friends. Perhaps I should do my morning session BEFORE checking plants.

Also got a better photo of the not stupid Snowcaine. In it the parts that were getting burned are really clear so at least that wasn't in my head :D

(I'm so sorry I'm high maintenance sometimes)

GUYS....MY OCD IS PLEASED! Thank you @NextLight for sending out those extension cables. My tent is so minimalist the Guggenheim just called....hah...ha...heh...eh

Sorry.

But seriously...moving the drivers outside of the tent makes so much damn sense. Have I mentioned how over the moon I am with the controller?

Also...I swear to shit I think that second damn Snowcaine is trying to bury her head again. Maybe she's trying to move in with @Trala

Look how neat it is!

Had an issue with the @NextLight controller today. Not really an issue, I had just left the high temp dim function at the factory setting and our temps climbed above that. The controller correctly dimmed the lights. Total operator error. Jared from NextLight had me sorted in 10 minutes (thank you if you read these).

Dark Devil auto is fighting me as I fight apical dominance in the two largest buds. She keeps pulling my staples out. I hope now that I've got a Nutty Ring TM installed, it'll help keep them down. Yes yes...LST this late in flower isn't the best idea so I've heard but I'm curious. She's technically not part of this grow but for now she's sleeping on the 'couch' :D

The four Twenty20Mendicino babies are no worse for wear and I suspect once they get a node or two and some fat noobie leaves they're better cope with the high levels of nitrogen in the soil.

SPEAKING OF SOIL...the stuff I have for the Trainwreck and Snowcaine cooking on the porch was hot hot hot today. The Earth Alive mycos are busy little buggers. The smell is so great, too. It reminds me of the big old grass clipping pile my grandparents had. I used to dig through it looking for snakes and cool bugs and to this day I am impressed that little microorganisms can produce that much heat. I think the alfalfa is helping to feed the mycos. It's fresher than compost right? So more fuel for the herd.

Teddy is omnipresent. :meditate:

Title edited.
Had an issue with the @NextLight controller today. Not really an issue, I had just left the high temp dim function at the factory setting and our temps climbed above that. The controller correctly dimmed the lights. Total operator error. Jared from NextLight had me sorted in 10 minutes (thank you if you read these).

Dark Devil auto is fighting me as I fight apical dominance in the two largest buds. She keeps pulling my staples out. I hope now that I've got a Nutty Ring TM installed, it'll help keep them down. Yes yes...LST this late in flower isn't the best idea so I've heard but I'm curious. She's technically not part of this grow but for now she's sleeping on the 'couch' :D

The four Twenty20Mendicino babies are no worse for wear and I suspect once they get a node or two and some fat noobie leaves they're better cope with the high levels of nitrogen in the soil.

SPEAKING OF SOIL...the stuff I have for the Trainwreck and Snowcaine cooking on the porch was hot hot hot today. The Earth Alive mycos are busy little buggers. The smell is so great, too. It reminds me of the big old grass clipping pile my grandparents had. I used to dig through it looking for snakes and cool bugs and to this day I am impressed that little microorganisms can produce that much heat. I think the alfalfa is helping to feed the mycos. It's fresher than compost right? So more fuel for the herd.

I just sprouted a Dark Devil. I have named her Morticia.

Watered the 4x4 today with pH 6.2 distilled water. Everyone got a good serving and all runoff from the babies got dumped into the Dark Devil Auto. Yolo?

I fiddled with the two Plus Pro NextLights so everyone is hopefully getting the appropriate amount of light for their growth stage. I kinda want to do naughty things to the lights. They're just classy and streamlined and I lavs them <3

Trainwreck and Snowcaine update: They're growing into their soil I think. All four babies are reaching hard for the light with their teeny little plant arms <3

And....a new baby popped last night and got potted up today. Guess who:

Also @[B][SIZE=7][FONT=trebuchet ms]NuttyProfessor[/FONT][/SIZE][/B] are these friends of yours?

I cant see nothing lol

I cant see nothing lol
In the video? All the wigglers?

I went back later and that puddle of runoff had partially evaporated and all the wormies were mounded and the whole mass was writhing. I'm going to try rehydrating them in a bit.

MORE BENEFICIALS! Ok, before I started growing weed I would spend my time tracking down cool bugs to photograph (I was an only child, leave me alone). My best ever bug photo was of a creature I had never met before: an ichneumon wasp

dbhcs3h-fb8dbcb8-878e-4f7a-891d-5c26c251416d.jpg

Creepy! As I watched her poke her long tail (ovipostior) into that log of cherry, I saw she was in a trance of sorts and rather docile. I got right up in her grill and snapped some pics. I then just sat there watching for an hour or more as several others of her species did the same as she.

Afterwards I googled. Darwin is quoted as saying the ichneumon wasp was the single strongest proof for lack of a god because no intelligent maker would create something so horrible (or something like that)

So yeah, I fell in love. Also darwin must not have been a gardener because these little buggers lay their eggs in all manner of plant assholes such as weevils and hornworms (apologies for language but seriously fuck hornworms). They don't get angry and chase you and while they look terrible, they just want to bang and make babies in the most Rube Goldberg way possible. I'm sorry but look at that body...I think Lady Gaga would approve.

ANYHOO...got way too excited last night because look who showed up:

View media item 1835986
View media item 1835987
View media item 1835988
She's a different species than the one in the first photo and I wish I could have captured it but she was iridescent! All blue/green oil slick reflective colors. I know some people are squidgy about bugs but if you see one of these just carefully move it outside. Don't kill it because it may be laying its eggs some bug bastard that's going to eat your tomatoes or weed or weaken a tree.

It's definitely not looking to start a fight.

(edit: LOOK AT HER TEENY FEETSIES :green_heart: )

OMG omg omg omg.... OH EM GEE! Guess what I spotted on my Dark Devil Auto? POLYPLOID BEHAVIOR! Dudes and dudettes..I love the weirdos and I finally have one of my own! Holy shit yes:

Out of like 9 colas two are starting to double bud at the tips! Would it be too much to hope for this to progress into a full fascination? That settles that, I guess I have to let her go until late ripening just to see what happens. I'm so freaking giddy right now.

All colas are finally starting to pop new stigma. She had seemed a little stalled outside which is why I put her in the tent. Looks like something worked. Squee!

This motherf....

Got yeeted to shoesville. Screw leaf hoppers.

The humidity is horrible, again. We got heavy rain all night and a check of my kitsch weather station says we'll be getting even more today. It's so humid you can see the air:

The @NextLight grow babies are kicking along. The soil seems a little hot still but I'm gonna go with it. One of my Snowcaines seems to be making 5-lobe leaves at the first true node. That's uh...impressive to me at least. I don't think I've gotten a 5 before node 3. A response to the high nitrogen? Packing on foliage as much as possible to cope with the soil? I shall research later. My light is about 16" above the seedlings at 30% and I'm toying with lowering it more to see how much pushing they'll take this early.

Freakshow looks like a sad sock puppet right now and I am well into imagining all the reasons why it's not growing faster....yes it just sprouted yesterday but that's no excuse.

Back
Top Bottom