Copperrein's 3x Homegrown Cannabis Co., Mars Hydro SP3000 Sponsor Grow Wsg Prescription Blend

The main stem clone I took has revived. Still not expecting much.

The three girls in the tent are getting close to filling the scrog. I'll switch to flower when I leave for vacation and will hopefully return to three happy plants with lots of baby buds. The real struggle is going to not be worrying about my plants to the point I don't enjoy the trip.

Ok, it's been awhile since I last updated this journal. I've done a bit, including moving the inverter and control box for my @Mars Hydro SP3000 outside the tent. This isn't so much to reduce heat since the SP3000 inverter puts out very little. I did it because my last Homegrown grow only barely didn't grow into the top of this tent. All three of these are growing much faster than the last ones so yeah...I'm already prolly going to be limited on room.

I did a res change today and upped it to 10 gallons. At 8 gallons I go a week between feedings of @Prescription Blend but I'll need to add more next change since I'll be gone for 10 days. My buddy is going to check on them but I'd rather not have him messing with the hydro. If the res gets too low he can just add more pH'd water to get them by. I'm also going to finally cover the gaping holes in my res to help cut down on evaporation. Either the plants are drinking double what they were the week prior OR since it's no longer humid here more water can leave the res and go into the air.

I ordered a new res pump. The one I'm currently using intakes from the side of the housing. I've installed a 90 and run it tipped over on the inlet but when the res starts getting low it tends to move and lift part of the inlet out of the water. This then allows an airlock to happen and the pump runs dry. The new pump is bottom feed and beefier. I'll clean up the old one and keep it in the tent as an 'oh shit' replacement/

Oh yeah, I switched them to flower yesterday.

Below are two cool things:

My net pot inside of colander thing does indeed seem to be promoting wider root growth. The hydroton is staying moist and I can see teeny feeder roots starting to appear on the top. Also the moss is happy. I need to get some tiny versions of the gnomes like what @NuttyProfessor has to tuck in amongst the moss.

The other cool thing is a double leaf at a single node mutation in Northern Lights. I hope it doesn't continue...it'll make keeping the canopy clear in flower annoying.

Congrats on the flip! They sure look ready for flower, and they're obviously loving the @Prescription Blend and MH lighting.

Now we can see how many days before the stickers disappear behind the foliage. Always a fun game! :)
I'm thinking to get a stick on ruler for the back. I should also put strain labels up.

Because of the now cancelled trip out west, I let some stuff get away from me. One of those things was my hydro tent. I switched them to flower on the 12th and all three were officially in flower as of yesterday.

Yep, they're loving the @Mars Hydro SP3000 and @Prescription Blend nutes. As much as I love seeing a dense dark green canopy, it's not going to help me in flower. I did a pretty severe defol to help the plants focus on building flower.

By their bedtime all cola sites were looking much more peppy. I would have gotten photos but we uh, smoked a LOT of hash last night. I needed it, tho...I've been running full chaotic throttle for what feels like weeks, if not months.

Anyhoo...hydro is fun and this tent is the one constant in my grows right now. I'm liking my other soil grows...but they really do require more work. Hell, I think I'm almost two weeks past res change here and I see no deficiencies or slowing of growth. Can't do that with soil.

I thought that much defol would be too stressful at this point in time…?

I thought that much defol would be too stressful at this point in time…
They just flipped. On indoor plants I try to stop defol by week 4 of flower. I'll still pick off leaves that are really blocking bud sites but all my major abuses stop after that point. I'm working within the confines of when the veg phase stops which is well into flower. Once the plant stops all new real leaf production and focuses on flower defol can stress the plant (or so I've read).

Outdoors is a different story and I'm still defoling in that garden...the difference is (I think) outside plants have such a well-established root system and mass of foliage they cope better. Hell, a storm blew through yesterday and nature did some willy nilly outdoor defol for me...if I can negate bud rot the plants will bounce back despite being split and torn and bashed about.

The only times I've managed to negatively stress a plant temperature or far too heavy of feeding was involved.

Where the heck have you been lately? Or have you always been here and we just never cross paths? :)
We moved back to TX so I had to step out of the scene for now. Hopefully they get the laws straight out here and start allowing us to grow our own.

I’ve stopped smoking for the most part because I hate buying it. Not only from the money aspect but the natural quality isn’t there.

I’ve helped a few folks get a plant or two started out here, but other than that, a vegetable garden is all I had this year. Lol!

I got an email notification from a response to a thread I’m subscribed to, so I figured I’d pop in and say hi.

How have things been on your end?

They just flipped. On indoor plants I try to stop defol by week 4 of flower. I'll still pick off leaves that are really blocking bud sites but all my major abuses stop after that point. I'm working within the confines of when the veg phase stops which is well into flower. Once the plant stops all new real leaf production and focuses on flower defol can stress the plant (or so I've read).

Outdoors is a different story and I'm still defoling in that garden...the difference is (I think) outside plants have such a well-established root system and mass of foliage they cope better. Hell, a storm blew through yesterday and nature did some willy nilly outdoor defol for me...if I can negate bud rot the plants will bounce back despite being split and torn and bashed about.

The only times I've managed to negatively stress a plant temperature or far too heavy of feeding was involved.
I was just giving you a hard time. I read through you journal. Looks like you have a nice grow in your hands. I’m jealous!

Back
Top Bottom