Corinne420’s Grow Journal: The Odd Plant That Could, 2019

Don’t want to overload with info or get your head spinning! A very good place to start as a brand new grower (wish I got this advice sooner) is go for a single part nutrient.

Since you’re in VEG
And will go into BLOOM

I’d recommend doing some hydroponic research to see if you can find a single part nutrient that aligns to those phases.

Don’t want to overload with info or get your head spinning! A very good place to start as a brand new grower (wish I got this advice sooner) is go for a single part nutrient.

Since you’re in VEG
And will go into BLOOM

I’d recommend doing some hydroponic research to see if you can find a single part nutrient that aligns to those phases.
Sweet thank you so much. I really appreciate the advice. Yeah the stuff I have now I think is your pretty generic stuff. I took a pic of the percentage’s of what I’m using
5D065D65-9531-4F49-AE4E-A08C0EBEC4AD.jpeg

I’ll get her down to 18 hours.
Any duration of darkness is better than none.
If it’s auto that means it’ll start flowering whenever it feels like it, am I correct?
They are genetically bred to automatically flower at a certain point in their lifespan. If you got this from bagseed it is most likely a photo. When it grows out more we will be able to tell from the leaves.
Is 17 hrs fine?
Totally :)

Sweet thank you so much. I really appreciate the advice. Yeah the stuff I have now I think is your pretty generic stuff. I took a pic of the percentage’s of what I’m using
5D065D65-9531-4F49-AE4E-A08C0EBEC4AD.jpeg
Yeah, my last post will prove VERY helpful for you should you decide to go down that path. Keep it simple and you’ll be all good.

Any duration of darkness is better than none.

They are genetically bred to automatically flower at a certain point in their lifespan. If you got this from bagseed it is most likely a photo. When it grows out more we will be able to tell from the leaves.

Totally :)
Sweet, thank you again for your help :thanks:

January 23rd 2019
This entry is for yesterday, I was just busy with work and never got a chance to post. So I decided to chop off them weird leaves. The plant has been getting lots of new growth and them big leaves were blocking so much light. She definitely looks better I think. I took a few before and after pics. I also changed my light time. 17 hours on and 7 off. There is no setting for 18 hours, there are only a few preprogrammed selections to choose from and 17 was as close as I could get. That’s all the new news I have for now. I hope everyone has an awesome day :ciao:
E53C5869-6E61-40B7-B02C-6EE11E87C0E3.jpeg
F44A55A4-9923-4B76-A2B5-0920B16096B8.jpeg
A4D1EFB4-DF24-4327-966F-A7808F8FFDA7.jpeg
86B14B93-D1EA-4E29-9C88-D1E723F3983B.jpeg

This looks like an interesting little plant. I'm gonna follow along if that's cool. I think she will be just fine as long as you don't over do it. One suggestion I might have is if you have a local grow shop, that you could ask them what would be good to use in your aero garden. Just a thought if you wanted to use something different
She’s definitely interesting that’s for sure. I just hope she doesn’t turn out to be a he. That would make me sad. Yeah I’m gonna have to hit up a grow shop and have a browse around.

I think you may have a boron deficiency.

(Can you take a picture of the brown spots if you dont mind? To confirm suspicions)

Your ph should be between 5.5-6.5 in hydro (some may vary this, but boron is best absorbed between 5.5-6.2)

Boron deficiency usually looks like other issues as well, what got me wondering is your leaves look very abnormal.

As mentioned prior, I would invest in a decent nutrient brand. (Choice is up to you who as they are all pretty similar). If this is your first go, ask for something that is simple, and over time get another of your choice.

Also, Do you have a place for your (fingers crossed) little lady? He/She will quickly outgrow the setup you have!

Just my 2 cents!:)

I think you may have a boron deficiency.

(Can you take a picture of the brown spots if you dont mind? To confirm suspicions)

Your ph should be between 5.5-6.5 in hydro (some may vary this, but boron is best absorbed between 5.5-6.2)

Boron deficiency usually looks like other issues as well, what got me wondering is your leaves look very abnormal.

As mentioned prior, I would invest in a decent nutrient brand. (Choice is up to you who as they are all pretty similar). If this is your first go, ask for something that is simple, and over time get another of your choice.

Also, Do you have a place for your (fingers crossed) little lady? He/She will quickly outgrow the setup you have!

Just my 2 cents!:)
I haven’t checked the ph yet. I probably should though. My husband bought a testing kit last year when he had a few plants outside, I just need to find it. We were also talking last night about some new nutrients so that’s on the list. He’s going to build me a bigger hydro system hopefully in the next little bit. You’re very right on the plant outgrowing the AeroGarden quickly. She’s growing so fast now. Her roots are taking up half of the tank now.

Im glad you are working on everything!

Time is a factor. If you are planning on keeping it, if this solely an experience its ok!

I have a feeling it will cost you a little to have this grow properly.

Heres a breakdown you will need from what I see:

Ph strips/kit (5$ if not found)

Ph up/down (if you use hosehold products its cheaper, but if its the chemicals, expect around 20)

Hydro Nutrients: pending the type you decide on 30-200$. If you want to save cost, focus on the "vegitative" end. When your ready to flower you will need those as well. Dont forget Cal-Mag.

Lights: Do you have anything other than that light? This could be the most costly factor. A cheaper solution is cfl lightbulbs. They dont yeild as much as other lights, but it will get you by. Sunblaster makes some. (Be weary of the K factor, but i belive "cool and warm" are the ones you want.

I wish you lived closer, i would give you a few seeds incase this fails!!

You best bet for a new hydro is: 5 Gallon bucket (black) and airstone/pump. All of above is still required for success however!

Im glad you are working on everything!

Time is a factor. If you are planning on keeping it, if this solely an experience its ok!

I have a feeling it will cost you a little to have this grow properly.

Heres a breakdown you will need from what I see:

Ph strips/kit (5$ if not found)

Ph up/down (if you use hosehold products its cheaper, but if its the chemicals, expect around 20)

Hydro Nutrients: pending the type you decide on 30-200$. If you want to save cost, focus on the "vegitative" end. When your ready to flower you will need those as well. Dont forget Cal-Mag.

Lights: Do you have anything other than that light? This could be the most costly factor. A cheaper solution is cfl lightbulbs. They dont yeild as much as other lights, but it will get you by. Sunblaster makes some. (Be weary of the K factor, but i belive "cool and warm" are the ones you want.

I wish you lived closer, i would give you a few seeds incase this fails!!

You best bet for a new hydro is: 5 Gallon bucket (black) and airstone/pump. All of above is still required for success however!
Sorry for just replying now. I have been pretty busy lately. She, again fingers crossed, is going to be transplanted in the next few days. She’s really out growing it now. Me and the hubby went out the other night and picked up some 5 gal. buckets and the inserts to hold the plant. We got them little clay ball thingys to put around the plant for support. We got a bubbler to pump in oxygen and a little irrigation system to get water to trickle down on the roots.
We do need new nutrients. The NPK ratio I have right now is more so for the flowering stage. So we’ll pick something up for the veg stage.
We do have lights, 400 watts and 1000 watt ones.
We found a grow shop that sells seeds, which was pretty sweet. My hubby wants Northern Lights. They’re getting some in next week sometime so we’re going to pick some of them up. I appreciate your kind gesture. Thank you for all the info. I appreciate you taking the time

Hey everyone I’m back with a little update. Wednesday February 6th we transplanted her over to a 5 gal. bucket hydro system that my husband geared up for me. We have her under a 400 watt light. She has definitely taken a nice growth spurt since I’ve last posted. She’s like a marijuana bush. I was worried she might go into shock from the transplant but she’s looking better than she ever has. I’ve definitely been enjoying watching her grow. Until next time happy growing, happy smoking :ganjamon:
402E72AE-2981-4865-8F54-66859F9BB7BE.jpeg
A8BDF7A8-74E4-449F-867C-1820E07DEC8F.jpeg
2F9F9C34-CC47-49E1-A490-98ECAFE1CC43.jpeg
54322DB4-C292-44CF-A6ED-8DB07A18C33F.jpeg
030D7AB2-C238-4F25-8897-6AED43F466CE.jpeg

Looks much better!!
Yes very much so. I’m super happy with how she’s growing. I’m hoping if I say she enough it’ll make it so lol. I found another seed in some Pink Candy. It’s already been germinated and is in the AeroGarden now. I’ll be doing a journal on that one as well :)

Yes very much so. I’m super happy with how she’s growing. I’m hoping if I say she enough it’ll make it so lol. I found another seed in some Pink Candy. It’s already been germinated and is in the AeroGarden now. I’ll be doing a journal on that one as well :)

Since you have so much room, you should look at training it lots before you flower it... grow it flat like a table! Topping lots. You will get a lot more yield this way!!

Also, you can always look into cloning! Get more for your seeds! :) Always save some money where you can!:)

Back
Top Bottom