Day 7, Little K2 is now 3.25" tall. I changed out the water. I do that twice a month, just had problems with pH swings in the past if I didn't keep the solution fresh and this weekend was the water change weekend. She is still small and cute but growing ..... i might stop with the daily pictures and start once or twice a week or when I see something important.

First Before I start. I welcome all questions, comments, complaints, disagreements, instruction, information, etc. I will be glad to explain myself on anything and will listen to all (don’t promise to agree but I will listen) and hopefully we can all learn a little something. Most of what I know is from reading on the internet and personal observation. Many things on the internet are contradictory or at least vague and confusing at times so some of the things I have learned might be wrong or at least right but for the wrong reasons. I’m here to learn and y’all are probably some of the best resources out there to learn from!!

OK now that I have Little K2 growing well and she looks like a healthy little girl, we come to the long boring slog through veg and into flowering. I find this possibly the most boring part of the grow. Mostly it is wash rinse and repeat. So, Ive decided that about once a week I’m going to go into depth on some area of the grow that I think is important or that I have had problems with in the past. This week as I promised a couple weeks ago I’m going to get into my nute schedule. I’ve developed this over the past couple of years to fit my system. I use General Hydroponics 3-part floura system for the base of my nutes. My basic nute schedule is similar to their suggested but simplified. One of the basic parts of the nutrient schedule that a lot of folks ignore in their description is their watering schedule.

Below is my nutrient schedule along with some info on watering, feeding and pH

Time​
Grow (oz/5gal H2O)​
Micro (oz/5gal H2O)​
Flower (oz/5gal H2O)​
Terpinator (oz/5gal H2O)​
Cal/Mag (oz/5gal H2O)​
Wen seedling first pops its head out of the peat pot starter soil mix(watered with plain water till after germination)​
1​
1​
1​
0.5​
0.5​
1 Week after birth until flip​
3​
2​
1​
1.5​
1.5​
From flip for 3 weeks​
2​
2​
2​
1.5​
1.5​
3 weeks after flip until 2 weeks before harvest​
1​
2​
3​
1.5​
1.5​
1 week before harvest​
0​
0​
0​
0​
0​

1. Twice a month, on feeding day, the entire resevoir is flushed and refilled(as close to the 1st and the 15th as possible). I have had significant pH problems in the past and this solved it.

2. Feed plants every Saturday

3. Water with pH adjusted water when level in the system falls from 7 inches to 4 inches (~5 gallons to 3 gallons) or on Wednesday, regardless. In my system evey 1.5 inches is a gallon.

4. All water and feeding solutions are adjusted to a pH of 5.8-6.0 before introduction. The resevoir itself is also adjusted to 5.8 -6.0 prior to the addition.

5. pH is allowed to float unless it gets out of the 5.5-6.0 pH range in which case it is adjusted back to 5.8-6.0 range.

PS here is a picture of little K2 after 2 weeks of growth

Little K2 thanks you for the compliment and welcomes you to the party West Hippie. Follow along if you would like, the more the merrier. Here are a couple of pictures under a normal flash. I know how hard it is to tell anything under the odd color lights .... some things get accentuated and some get hidden.

Paintedbudman's rant of the week

When I first started growing and had nothing but a pot with some pot growing in it, I went out to learn about growing both what works and what can go wrong. I read all about nutrients and the effects of both excess and lack of specific nutrients. Then I actually started to grow things and watch what happens and what works and what doesn't. I learned a couple of things about nutes over the years. First very rarely do you find real severe issues with under fertilization. Over fertilization is a newbie issue and usually can be trained out of new growers. But what I have seen and should be made a much bigger issue is that most of the nutrient issues are the result of nutrient lockup ...... ie pH issues are the cause not the level or kind of nutrients. Far more often at the root of the problem is poor pH control. Every single nutrient problem that I've had has its base cause in pH outside the correct limits ,,,,,, every. single. one! Although everyone who talks about nutrient lockup talks about the need to have the pH in the correct range they don't stress enough just how important pH is and how easy it is to wander out of normal pH range to ranges where improper nutrient uptake occur.

I'd appreciate any comments. Especially if you disagree. I' love to hear another viewpoint.

Paintedbudman's rant of the week

When I first started growing and had nothing but a pot with some pot growing in it, I went out to learn about growing both what works and what can go wrong. I read all about nutrients and the effects of both excess and lack of specific nutrients. Then I actually started to grow things and watch what happens and what works and what doesn't. I learned a couple of things about nutes over the years. First very rarely do you find real severe issues with under fertilization. Over fertilization is a newbie issue and usually can be trained out of new growers. But what I have seen and should be made a much bigger issue is that most of the nutrient issues are the result of nutrient lockup ...... ie pH issues are the cause not the level or kind of nutrients. Far more often at the root of the problem is poor pH control. Every single nutrient problem that I've had has its base cause in pH outside the correct limits ,,,,,, every. single. one! Although everyone who talks about nutrient lockup talks about the need to have the pH in the correct range they don't stress enough just how important pH is and how easy it is to wander out of normal pH range to ranges where improper nutrient uptake occur.

I'd appreciate any comments. Especially if you disagree. I' love to hear another viewpoint.
Not really a rant if it's the gospel truth. :peace: :lot-o-toke:

Ok I didn't get to the K2 update from yesterday. Here are two pictures of the little girl. I will probably gp from 18/6 to 12/12's sometime this week. She is 18.5" tall and when she goes over 20" i'll change the light schedule. She is healthy and spreading out nicely. So far so good. Keeping the pH between 5.8 and 6.0, a little tighter tolerances than i do on other plants. EC has been running 1.750 ish and when she is low on water it has been as high as 2.0. Really trying to keep her down in the 1.7-1.8 range.

Today little K2 reached a whopping 21 inches from her base to the tippy top of her sprouting leaves. NIrvana, the seed bank I use, said K2 is of medium height. They say in their FAQs that this means that the stretch after the flip is ~200%. If this holds true then little K2 will be almost up in the lights. I may have to do some small amount of training to keep her healthy. Here is a picture of her happy shining face this morning

Little K2 just finished her first week of 12/12s. Sge is happy healthy and growing strong. No sign of pistols yet but it won't be long!!

I just can't help myself, this journal is about my K2 strain but I just harvested a blueberry kush auto flower that impressed me with it tenacity and I had to share. She was grown in a 2'x2'x4' grow chamber. By the end of the grow she was up in the lights and I had to use extreme measures (breaking or nearly breaking stems to keep the canopy a couple inches away from the lights). She just kept growing. And trichromes for days. Hope she smokes as good as she looks.!! This is a very rough estimate on yield ... 9+ dry ounce. I'll update as things go along.

Lots going on around here. Preping for retirement at the end of the month, getting the garden and lawn going for the summer, and not to mention the incredibly long honey-do list But I finally got back to it. First, here is little K2 at 6 weeks. She is definitely into flower now. Growing very fast, 13.25 inches in the week 6 of her grow.

In the last 5 days she has grown 12.75 inches and now are 8" from the light. I am trying to train her by tieing her to the side and pulling her away from the lights, as you can see in this photo. taken today. Hopefully I can keep her out of the lights.

Back
Top Bottom