CPS took my kids in Holland, MI

gary0322

420 Member
I'm a single father of two boys 8 and 11. CPS got a call about my baby's mama but they closed it after talking to me. Then two weeks later another CPS worker went behind my back to my kids school and my oldest told this woman exactly how I dose with my THC concentrate and she went into a court of law and swore under oath that I was smoking and selling crack or meth and got an order to to take my kids out of my custody and put them in foster care, put my name on some registry for 10 years, and got me evicted out of our home, my boys have now been split up living not only with two different families now but in two different cities altogether, and I'm now living in my car in Michigan at winter time. I need to know what to do because no one here will even listen to me. Even the judge said he had no problem with my MMJ use. So how can they do this and what can I do about it?

I'm a single father of two boys 8 and 11. CPS got a call about my baby's mama but they closed it after talking to me. Then two weeks later another CPS worker went behind my back to my kids school and my oldest told this woman exactly how I dose with my THC concentrate and she went into a court of law and swore under oath that I was smoking and selling crack or meth and got an order to to take my kids out of my custody and put them in foster care, put my name on some registry for 10 years, and got me evicted out of our home, my boys have now been split up living not only with two different families now but in two different cities altogether, and I'm now living in my car in Michigan at winter time. I need to know what to do because no one here will even listen to me. Even the judge said he had no problem with my MMJ use. So how can they do this and what can I do about it?
Ask the court to do a drugs test. I’m not American so laws will be different but have a friend who has gone through a similar situation here during a divorce, it should put the matter to bed. Even more so if weed is legal where you are 🙏

I know this isn’t gonna be what you want to hear but it’s your reality. Lawyer up. It sounds like you’re dealing with a bureaucrat. A government tool who believes they’re doing good work by traumatizing families and forcing children to become dependents of the system simply because they don’t like or agree with our laws. This person sounds like they have a vendetta against either you or mmj.

CPS is worthless.. we hear every single day about them stripping kids from loving homes that don’t meet the nuclear family definition. Then we hear constant stories about children in nuclear families being abused, raped, exploited, and traumatized and CPS does absolutely nothing. These government systems are all alike, they’re specifically designed to keep poor people poor and stupid. CPS is no different. If you were some rich arrogant douche bag with a million dollar coke addiction you would be able to fight CPS off no problems, but because you’re a poor single dad you’re screwed. Get a lawyer because the government is filled with tools like rollinguprles

I know I should rise above the pettiness but when people push their own lives, experiences, and perceptions on others in such a disrespectful, illogical, immature manner, I can’t help but to stand up. I don’t accept bullies or bullying in real life, I’m not going to accept it on a forum.

Lawyer up. Fight for your kids. Keep your eyes on the horizon and focused on your objective. I can’t imagine being in your shoes as my kids are all I live for. I’m sure you are filled with sadness and rage but don’t let those demons drag you down. Use them as fuel. Best of luck to you.

NTH

Lawyer up. Fight for your kids. Keep your eyes on the horizon and focused on your objective. I can’t imagine being in your shoes as my kids are all I live for. I’m sure you are filled with sadness and rage but don’t let those demons drag you down. Use them as fuel. Best of luck to you.

NTH
It’s my understanding that CPS can’t talk to your kids without your permission so you should win this battle no problem.

NTH

That's awful. As the others said, get some legal representation. I had child services call me a coupl of years ago because my nosey neighbour overheard me and a friend talking about cannabis and psilocybin use to help us with our difficulties. They decided to report me and an investigation was opened. Thankfully after a few questions and checking with my kids school they could quite clearly see my kids are in a safe and loving environment. Hope you get things sorted.

That's awful. As the others said, get some legal representation. I had child services call me a coupl of years ago because my nosey neighbour overheard me and a friend talking about cannabis and psilocybin use to help us with our difficulties. They decided to report me and an investigation was opened. Thankfully after a few questions and checking with my kids school they could quite clearly see my kids are in a safe and loving environment. Hope you get things sorted.
Bingo.. all it takes for a CPS case is for ONE PERSON to not agree with your life, or hell, just not like you, and call CPS. They will show up. This is the government we’re talking about.. How anyone could instantly believe the governments altruism in this day and age, on this forum, is really horrifying to me, especially as a veteran.

OP lawyer up, stay sober (except the mmj), and gtfo of holland. You need to move from there as soon as possible. Go to Grand Rapids, or come to Detroit, but you need to get out of that place.

It's my prayer that all these naysayers on here experience exactly what I've gone through sometime in their lifetime and maybe that will humble their arrogant selfish self-centered attitudes. Maybe.
We gotta be bigger than that brother. You don’t want anyone to feel what you’re going through right now. Yes it would humble them, however Karma will have its day. Perhaps not in this life, but she always wins in the end. People like that, typically are already in so much anger and pain, that’s why they lash out at others to bring them to their level. If it’s something they find entertaining or enjoyable, just imagine how horrible their lives must be or must’ve been to get to that point. It’s a sad existence.

Healthy, adjusted adults don’t do those things.

We've just won a court battle and social and courts no me and partner smoke week so I call bullshit
Where do you live and who was the DA, because OP lives where they are aggressively opposed to cannabis, and I don’t know if you’ve noticed but lately these sheriffs and prosecutors are picking and choosing what they want to enforce all over the country.

That aside.. OP didn’t say the cannabis was the problem. OP said the CPS person assumed he was smoking meth/crack because the method he uses for his concentrates was relayed through a child.

I’m not understanding how in a forum dedicated to a culture that has been illegal for decades, people are so quick to side with the government and attempt to castigate OP for their inability to read his whole post.

Alright OP I did some digging around. If you’re disabled or a veteran there’s a bunch of resources. If you’re not then you’ll need to hire a lawyer, I can point you toward a couple. If you’re below the poverty line then there’s quite a few resources you can access as well but you’re gonna have to swallow your pride, ask for help, and play along with whatever the government wants you to do.

It’s not gonna be easy, and obviously you’ve left out a lot of personal stuff but I can point you in the direction you need to go. If you’re a veteran, reach out to your closest VA which is probably Ann Arbor, possibly Detroit, I’m not sure. If you’re disabled, go to your county resource building and they’ll have someone there who can help. If you’ve just become homeless and are below the poverty line you’re gonna have to get that situation settled and get yourself into the process of getting off the streets which is going to require finding a shelter to start, or living out of your car and working until you can afford another place.

If you can afford a lawyer, do that asap. If you can’t then your first step is getting yourself off the street and into a residence. You won’t get your kids back until you have a residence.

None of this will be done overnight. You have a path you have to take, and any deviation from it will take that much longer to get to your kids. Also, ignore anyone who is negative or who isn’t rooting for you. They have no idea what you’ve been through or what your life is like so they have no business passing judgment on you. Anyone willing to take a topic like this and try to use the moral high ground is someone you need to cut right out. The only people that matter right now are those boys, anyone else is just in your way and wants to see you fail.

420 Magazine encourages respectful debate, however does not allow excessive negative energy. We ask that all members maintain a positive vibe when posting on our website.

That being said, we have removed the negative post and the member has been banned. As a result, we have also removed any and all comments discussing the negative post, regardless of your intentions.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

:thanks:

OP.. here are 3 websites to help you with legal aid and advice.. These are geared toward low income, however you should still be able to get any questions answered and if necessary they can direct you to resources:

Here is another website with legal aid as well as housing help:

420 Magazine encourages respectful debate, however does not allow excessive negative energy. We ask that all members maintain a positive vibe when posting on our website.

That being said, we have removed the negative post and the member has been banned. As a result, we have also removed any and all comments discussing the negative post, regardless of your intentions.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

:thanks:
That explains how I ended up back on the first page again lol.. My apologies for my pettiness, it gets the best of me some times but at least I’m aware of it, right? 🤣 lol it’s a work in progress.

@CelestialNurseries I would also like to apologize to you for my behavior. I could’ve handled that with far more respect and tact. I am currently dealing with a death in the family and transferred those emotions into anger at you, when you weren’t even the original person I took issue with, for that I apologize.

Alright OP I did some digging around. If you’re disabled or a veteran there’s a bunch of resources. If you’re not then you’ll need to hire a lawyer, I can point you toward a couple. If you’re below the poverty line then there’s quite a few resources you can access as well but you’re gonna have to swallow your pride, ask for help, and play along with whatever the government wants you to do.

It’s not gonna be easy, and obviously you’ve left out a lot of personal stuff but I can point you in the direction you need to go. If you’re a veteran, reach out to your closest VA which is probably Ann Arbor, possibly Detroit, I’m not sure. If you’re disabled, go to your county resource building and they’ll have someone there who can help. If you’ve just become homeless and are below the poverty line you’re gonna have to get that situation settled and get yourself into the process of getting off the streets which is going to require finding a shelter to start, or living out of your car and working until you can afford another place.

If you can afford a lawyer, do that asap. If you can’t then your first step is getting yourself off the street and into a residence. You won’t get your kids back until you have a residence.

None of this will be done overnight. You have a path you have to take, and any deviation from it will take that much longer to get to your kids. Also, ignore anyone who is negative or who isn’t rooting for you. They have no idea what you’ve been through or what your life is like so they have no business passing judgment on you. Anyone willing to take a topic like this and try to use the moral high ground is someone you need to cut right out. The only people that matter right now are those boys, anyone else is just in your way and wants to see you fail.
I agree 100% and I'm just taking it one day at a time gathering evidence writing things down so I don't forget them. I've got a friend who's letting me stay with him temporarily until I can get an apartment or a house in Holland Michigan. they're telling me that's the major obstacle to me getting my kids back.

Hey, I'm on the west side of Michigan, most of this legal help is only for the east side of the state specifically Oakland County and Detroit. I live in Holland Michigan. But thanks for the advice and I really do appreciate the awesome support here. The CPS worker went into court and swore under oath that I was doing illegal drugs math crack or cocaine I don't know which but since that moment I have had clean drops up to this present day except for my MMJ of which the judge was very kind and said that he had no problem with my medical marijuana treatment. No one is listening to me, west Michigan legal aid refused to take my case but somehow got involved into it anyway and got everything all screwed up with my eviction that should have never happened because they evicted the wrong family and I can prove that but no one will listen to me. Everyone I'm dealing with is telling me there's nothing I can do about that now I have to go through the process and do exactly what they say when they say it and how they say it. I've got two Ottawa County sheriff deputies who responded to my 911 call reporting that my apartment had been broken into. They came out and took my statement and left they even refused to give me a card and never gave me a report number or anything and I never saw them two officers again. Individuals that broke into my apartment were caught on video at 4:30 in the afternoon and this was on November 7th 2021 and not one of them individuals have been arrested for that crime but that 911 call was used to evict me with. Can someone please tell me who do I go to when you got a CPS worker who went into court and everything that came out of her mouth was almost 100% perjury then you have two police officers who change the victim statement and report and make up a whole false story to submit to the prosecutor's office and none of the people who committed the crime of breaking into my apartment it's ever arrested, then I get an eviction notice filed on me in January 2022 for non-payment rent that's crazy because I had already been approved under the CREA program for rental assistance to prevent homelessness and they paid my rent from June 2021 through June 2022, next allegation they use to evict me with numerous police contacts. Lindsay Adjaga was the old resident manager she was the person who leased my apartment to me back in 2016 was let go in December 2021 and a new resident manager was hired in January 2022 and she came into her job mistaking my 8 and 11 year old sons and I as the drug users/dealers and criminals. I called the police 27 times on the two individuals who are meth heads and criminals that moved into the apartment complex 3 years ago, I lived there 8 years and the 5 years before these individuals moved in zero police contacts the first 5 years I lived there, the next allegation was that I had not completed the recertification process for my subsidy which is kind of true because there was some paperwork messed up and I was trying to get the paperwork from the property management company to complete my recertification but they fired the old resident manager in December of 2021 I hired a brand new resident manager in January 2022 who came into her job thinking I was the bad guy I was so drug addict I was the criminal but she got everything totally backwards and she evicted the wrong family and would not talk to me so I could not complete the recertification process for my subsidy and I lost it, Semco Energy had a problem last year updating their computer system and for a couple weeks the electric bill got put back in the property management companies name which I got fixed. They had no reason to evict my sons and I they made a mistake they should have evicted this girl Francis and her boyfriend Austin.

@CelestialNurseries I would also like to apologize to you for my behavior. I could’ve handled that with far more respect and tact. I am currently dealing with a death in the family and transferred those emotions into anger at you, when you weren’t even the original person I took issue with, for that I apologize.
Thanks for the apology, I'm sorry too for feeding into it. Best of luck.

Hey, I'm on the west side of Michigan, most of this legal help is only for the east side of the state specifically Oakland County and Detroit. I live in Holland Michigan. But thanks for the advice and I really do appreciate the awesome support here. The CPS worker went into court and swore under oath that I was doing illegal drugs math crack or cocaine I don't know which but since that moment I have had clean drops up to this present day except for my MMJ of which the judge was very kind and said that he had no problem with my medical marijuana treatment. No one is listening to me, west Michigan legal aid refused to take my case but somehow got involved into it anyway and got everything all screwed up with my eviction that should have never happened because they evicted the wrong family and I can prove that but no one will listen to me. Everyone I'm dealing with is telling me there's nothing I can do about that now I have to go through the process and do exactly what they say when they say it and how they say it. I've got two Ottawa County sheriff deputies who responded to my 911 call reporting that my apartment had been broken into. They came out and took my statement and left they even refused to give me a card and never gave me a report number or anything and I never saw them two officers again. Individuals that broke into my apartment were caught on video at 4:30 in the afternoon and this was on November 7th 2021 and not one of them individuals have been arrested for that crime but that 911 call was used to evict me with. Can someone please tell me who do I go to when you got a CPS worker who went into court and everything that came out of her mouth was almost 100% perjury then you have two police officers who change the victim statement and report and make up a whole false story to submit to the prosecutor's office and none of the people who committed the crime of breaking into my apartment it's ever arrested, then I get an eviction notice filed on me in January 2022 for non-payment rent that's crazy because I had already been approved under the CREA program for rental assistance to prevent homelessness and they paid my rent from June 2021 through June 2022, next allegation they use to evict me with numerous police contacts. Lindsay Adjaga was the old resident manager she was the person who leased my apartment to me back in 2016 was let go in December 2021 and a new resident manager was hired in January 2022 and she came into her job mistaking my 8 and 11 year old sons and I as the drug users/dealers and criminals. I called the police 27 times on the two individuals who are meth heads and criminals that moved into the apartment complex 3 years ago, I lived there 8 years and the 5 years before these individuals moved in zero police contacts the first 5 years I lived there, the next allegation was that I had not completed the recertification process for my subsidy which is kind of true because there was some paperwork messed up and I was trying to get the paperwork from the property management company to complete my recertification but they fired the old resident manager in December of 2021 I hired a brand new resident manager in January 2022 who came into her job thinking I was the bad guy I was so drug addict I was the criminal but she got everything totally backwards and she evicted the wrong family and would not talk to me so I could not complete the recertification process for my subsidy and I lost it, Semco Energy had a problem last year updating their computer system and for a couple weeks the electric bill got put back in the property management companies name which I got fixed. They had no reason to evict my sons and I they made a mistake they should have evicted this girl Francis and her boyfriend Austin.
Ok.. I’m not familiar with Western Michigan well enough to give you specific names and places to approach, however, the same general strategies work regardless of which state, county, or city you’re in. Your already taking note of everything which is good.. try to keep dates, times, and specifics noted down. You want everything you can documented. This is for a lawyer, and for your self.

You’re already working through one process, that’s getting yourself permanent housing. That is your very first issue you need to handle. It sounds like you got screwed pretty hard. Lots of Americans have, inequality is becoming the standard of the land. If you look around, you see it every day, and it’s part of what’s feeding into our polarization. I’ve seen it repeatedly where apartments or homes are sold to corporations or foreign governments then they remove any tenants that aren’t willing to pay their new raised rent prices and fees. It’s happening everywhere.

Now.. just because you’ve been screwed, doesn’t mean you can’t fight, and you can’t fix this, it just means it’s gonna take some work and you’re gonna have to fight back.

If you’ve been given a detailed set of instructions on how to get your kids back, begin doing those. Everything that brought you to this situation, goes on the back burner. The judge doesn’t care, the government doesn’t care. They want to see that you can follow their instructions and provide what’s asked, which, you can.

The landlord stuff, the cops, the energy bills, drug addict neighbors, all of that is irrelevant to actually getting your boys back. The judgment has already happened. All of that information is for a lawyer. A lawyer will be able to use that information to help you fight back in the long run, but it does you no good in this moment. Right now, your entire goal is to do what’s been asked of you to get them back.

With that being said.. When looking for assistance in your area there are a few key things you can google/search for. First, you’re gonna want to type in your county and state that this is occurring in, after the county and state you type in either “housing assistance” or “homeless assistance”. That will give you a list of the different organizations that service your specific area for those needs.

After the housing stuff you’re gonna want to pull up the google again and again type in your county and state, but this time type in “legal aid” after the county and state or “low income legal assistance”. Typing that in will direct you to resources for a lawyer in your area.

Those two methods I explained will work in almost any county or state in our country, if they have the resources, which, most do. All of the stuff you’ve told us about has a place and time, which a lawyer will be able to explain, but it’s not right now. Right now it’s all about getting to those boys.

Back
Top Bottom