Curled Leaves/Lots of little Spots

TheMilkMan

Hey how are you all

I've just posted up the latest batch of photos on my closet grow, but Ive noticed a lot of lower leaves have rapidly shown spots.

Nothings eating them it seems there's no bugs, no stickiness on the leaves top or bottom.

Ive also noticed the larger leaves wont "fan out" they instead curl up....

Wondering if anyone knows whats up?

thanks!

MrCoz Closet Budget Grow

wish i had a magnafying glass. what about a 5 megapixel photo and then blown up? ill take a couple shots, its spreading over the plant not and i think ive got nute burn too......geez.

Wondered if my plants just coming up the end of its life due to the flowering stage?

Yeah, its at day 51 from seed.......I should take some more photos, and post them of the issue some real ones yeah ill do that now then get dinner sussed and get em up tonight...

Its an 8 week finish strain.

So im at 7 weeks now......which is weird cause the plant looks like its got a way to go to me.

Added any powdered dolomite lime in there?

Your pH is too low, add some lime.

If not in the mix (add it next time), 1-2 tbl/gal watered in, then wait a week to see results.

DD

Ok I'm on day 33. All my nutes are from a bottled main brand, flairform.

Ph is too low? I'm sitting on a PH of 6.0

u sure?

never heard of dolomite lime, I might go ask about it at the grow shop.

Ok I'm on day 33. All my nutes are from a bottled main brand, flairform.

Ph is too low? I'm sitting on a PH of 6.0

u sure?

never heard of dolomite lime, I might go ask about it at the grow shop.

pH should be 6.5-6.8. Above and below this you start getting lockout.

Powdered Dolomite Lime is VERY important in any soil grow. Besides supplying Cal/Mag it also buffers the soil and keeps the pH in that sweet spot.

Forget the grow shop, they will charge an arm and a leg. A 40# bag at Lowes or HD cost ~$10 and will last forever. Do NOT get pellets or hydrated lime. Powdered only. Very few places don't have it, it's widely used and very common.

DD

thanks! I was getting worried about all the yo yo-ing around in my head.

My mate came over and said, "no its not mites, ive had mites this is something else."

Guess I'll find out huh?!!! lol thanks

Ive done a phone call to the hydro shop, top bloke there, says he hasnt got neem but hes got a couple of others that are very effective.

Spray wait a day, spray, wait a day thing.

30 bucks a pop.

Arm and leg?

An oz of pot cost 350 bucks.

Sounds cheap enough if its a hitman for mites.

He reckons, I've gotta get stuck into it *now*.

I believe him too, cause It mirrors what Im hearing on my grow thread here.

Ive read that the ideal PH for coco is 5.8
soil is 6.5-6.8
hydro is generally 5.5-6.2

True.

I was under the impression he was in soil.

DD

Update with Pics, also on my grow journal on the mite issue.

They *are* apparently mites.

I've just laid down the 3rd spray of Pyrethrum (never know how to spell that name) in 9 days.

I asked about getting some neem but hydro shop man reckons its too late now, just battle it out for the best harvest I can and pyth them.

So: here are the pics of the mite war.

10050700011.jpg
MITE ATTACK STARTS SHOWING - 7/5/10 - Day 28

1005110010.jpg
MITE EGGS Laid....?? 10/5/10 - Day 31

1005110011.jpg
11/5/10 Day 31

1005110012.jpg
11/5/10 Day 31 - munch Munch, oooo Maccas for Mites!

1005110013.jpg
Day 31

1005110014.jpg
Day 31

1005110015.jpg
Day 31

1005130016.jpg
OUTBREAK TIME or rather "Mite D-Day" - Day 34 - 13/5/10

1005130012.jpg

1005130015.jpg
Spray 1st Time - Spots turn Dark, Leaves start Drying out after this Time - Why? I dont know. Maybe the Mites are wrecking havoc.

1005160001.jpg
Mite Attack Day 37 - 16/5/10 2ND Spray with Pyrethrum

1005200002.jpg
20/5/10 - Day 41 - Day after 3rd Spray

Leaves are now dry, brittle, sensitive to handling, If you handle they will split in two or break peices off.

The Stalks are fine, but the leaves are being eaten or dried up in an extreme state.

1005200022.jpg
This Leaf is Mid way up Plant, the Lower the leaf the harder, it's been hit.

1005200023.jpg

1005200024.jpg
The sight of this wrecking havoc in my plant makes me wanna nuke the mite species off the planet.....

More to come I guess....... That's 14 days from when I noticed something was wrong from start to current attack stage if i'm not wrong.

This is......Incredible breeding and plant destroying "power" to behold.

Dude, I think you need to quit listening to your hydro guy, I'm sorry but I think he's an idiot. Quit spraying the pyrethreum on your plants, thats what is killing them! Further, I am unsure you should even smoke the final product. That shit is killing your plant way faster than the mites. If you still have mites and want to get rid of them use neem oil, you can spray it up to 7 days from harvest, but either way quit spraying that poison.

Here's what the msds sheet on it says...

Inhaled:
May cause irritation to the nose, throat and respiratory system with effects including: Dizziness, headache and possible confusion
Avoid skin, eye and inhalation contact.

And this is recommended clothing to apply it....
CLOTHING: PVC or natural rubber apron or splash suit.

GLOVES: PVC or natural rubber.

EYES: Chemical goggles, faceshield or safety glasses with side shields to protect eyes.

RESPIRATORY PROTECTION: Avoid breathing of vapours or mists. If natural or local exhaust ventilation is not adequate, select and use an organic vapour respirator in accordance with AS/NZS 1715/1716.

If entering spaces where the airborne concentration of a contaminant is unknown then the use of a Self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) with positive pressure air supply

Back
Top Bottom