MrCoz Closet Budget Grow

Ok final questions, i need an answer tonight Or I have to go straight to a hydro shop or a chemist.

Neem Oil, I'll check out the hydro shop. I live in a city, garden shops are not a dime a dozen here...

Chemists ie called "drug stores" however are everywhere (people love their drugs!)

So I can do both the hydro shop and the chemist for the rubbing alcohol.

If I get the rubbing alcohol what is the ratio for mixing with water?

thanks SO MUCH

Ive done a phone call to the hydro shop, top bloke there, says he hasnt got neem but hes got a couple of others that are very effective.

Spray wait a day, spray, wait a day thing.

30 bucks a pop.

Arm and leg?

An oz of pot cost 350 bucks.

Sounds cheap enough if its a hitman for mites.

He reckons, I've gotta get stuck into it *now*.

I believe him too, cause It mirrors what Im hearing here.

Nice plant you have going there! Sorry about the bugs thats a bummer. I'm not really sure about the mixture for the rubbing alcohol, I've heard people do 50/50 ratio but I've also heard of people using less.

I noticed some of your leaves are wilting up a little bit. That is usually caused by too much heat or humidity. What are your temps and humidity levels?

Get those damn mites out of there and you will have some very nice buds! Good luck man +rep

Thanks! I'm trying really hard to impress my mate cause hes pretty leet with his buds...... lol hes teaching me hydro with cococoir, but hes making me do the work which is good so I can learn.

Its teaching me that to get results, I have to spend some money to get there otherwise im just making it hard on myself and wasting time and effort, which dosent float my boat!

I want what everyone wants, just primo buds and a big smile on my face for growing my own buds.

I'm just loving it tho, Its like a freakin science thing that im looking at and inspecting, watering, its a totally dependant thing on the grower and it demands attention, so its very absorbing and something I can dedicate myself to further and LEARN.

funny thing, its the most fun thing ive ever done in my life!

I'm creating a photo log of the past 3 days so im not getting any further updates coming unless i shut up!

:thanks::yummy:

I had a mad afternoon chasing remedys to the insect problem, had a mad stress going on over my plant and now its finished so i had a 0.1 gram hit of some aussie blue of my mates.

It blew my head off..:goodjob:

About the temp and humiditys

i dont have any gear, i want to get a thermometer, theres not a lot i can do about humidity.

24 deg on avg, high of 29 day low of 9 night Celcius temps - humidity of 65-80% are the outdoor temps at the moment in autumn

Right yo!!!!

I lost the plot today at about 4pm when i went to add nutes to my affected plant.

I start analyzing the damage hard, looking for an answer to why these unnatural holes are appearing.....

I catch a glimpse of a tiny white insect flying around my plants, then lo and behold another!

Just barley visible underneath a 135 watt light!

I would'nt have believed such a small creature existed unless i saw it.

So I rang up the hydro shop and organized a mite spray and asked about neem etc and he said he has a couple and I should come see him when im ready.

I decided to go friday at lunch, and then I took another look at my plants and i see two more of these insects and i nearly died on the spot, rang him back up and made it there right on 5pm.

After talking to him for a little bit, he straight away said, "you havent got mites, You've got white fly".

He asked if I had webs, and I said no, but these things are white and flying around pretty quick when I move the leaves etc and its progressing all over the plant and its killing me watching it happen live.

So he said "this is 18 bucks, its PYRETHRUM.

6 mls to the Litre

Dose this every 3 days on the plant with a sprayer and itll knock them back quick.

If it fails in a week, come back and well try this NEEM(neemsomething) which is another trick, either way we will get them, but this is the best first bet".

I was home, watered my plant, and pulled my baby out of the cupboard, did a mix up of this fairly sticky liquid substance and then I laid out some newspaper (so happy I did!) and sprayed it everywhere on all my plants and made it drip a bit, even sprayed the top of the coco with it since they landed on it.

I made some unprintable remarks at the white flying enemy, i was so upset with the state of the top big leaves.

"your gunna die!!!!DIE ALREADY!!!!"

Anyways, the white spots turn dark and took on a load of moisture it seems.

I reckon that "PYRETHERUM WeaponOMassD" got them worried already.

Certainly hope so! :surrender::rip: white fly

OK then, PHOTOS!

:yahoo:

1005130016.jpg
Top leaf - so sad! 13/5/10

1005130012.jpg
before spraying

1005130015.jpg
After Spraying

BUD SHOTS:

1005120003.jpg
Day 34

1005130004.jpg
Day 35

1005130007.jpg
Top down

I've got some others but they are out of focus......cant have that.

Anyways we move on to tomorrow!

I will start a 2nd grow journal on my sativa seedling and the two clones which I will lean over and grow side by side......should be interesting cause I've never done it before....

:peace::surf::thumb::yummy:

Hey Coz. they look great. Our buds are simillar in growth. Did you trim the lower branches?

Yes my mate did em back a bit in time.

I'll post a pic of em up when I get one in focus.

I have to do a shuffle on saturday to accommodate 3 more plants and I will change the 24 watters to 42 watters for extra grunt.

I will pick up a block of Coco tommorow and 3 more 4 litre pots....

Im using 4 litre pots cause I've got like 600mm by 600mm to grow in....

So something like 2 x 2 feet and about 2 odd feet high.

I'm currently running 187 watts of CFL, but i can already see I need more power so a couple of 42's wouldnt go amiss to replace the tiny 24 watters.

Some shades would be a bonus too.

Roll On saturday and light shopping!

Love these rebuilds of limited space cupboards.

Hey MrCoz,

even if you have those flies you still have mites and need to get rid of them, those flies aren't as important as getting the mites, I don't think pyretheum will do it. You need to neem, if you wait till you see webs you are way too late, just my opinion

I agree

SG

Ok, I went to a big home depot store and spent about 85 bucks on stuff!

Its a bit of a drive to get to one so it turns out it was a good move.

I got:

Magnifying Glass - I think i need a microscope really tho.
Hydrometer - READING 30% Humid- 25 deg C
Another Sprayer
Black Cloth Tape for those light gaps in the hinges/doors/keep bugs out.
and the biggy......

2 x 48 watt flouros @ 29 bucks each!!!!

They weren't cheap but hopefully they will yield another 5 grams of pot to make up for it lol.

So anyway I did all that this arvo and these are the new pics.

I'm going to make the run off 20% rather than 100% on flush day.

I dont know if I'm "over flushing" the plant, but reading on the Canna site run off should be 20%.

I think I'm over watering, but I'm not sure if i can over water coco if its only once a day.

PHOTOS: :yahoo:

I Will start posting the bud shots every week in time lapses so its not so spread out in bunches of 2.

You cant see the growth if there's not enough shots in a row.

1005140001.jpg
14/5/10 Day 37

1005150007.jpg
15/5/10 Day 38

1005150009.jpg
The New Lot! 1 x Sativa 2 x Aussie Blue Clones, 1 of them has to go, and I dont know what im going to do with the 3rd plant...

Sea Of Green coming up?

1005150010.jpg
New 28watt 5000k Blubs.

1005150018.jpg
Its quite obvious where the biggest buds are!!!

1005150014.jpg
HydroMeter reads 30% Humidity and 25 Deg C.

Next Photo Update will be NEXT SATURDAY.

:ganjamon::yummy::thumb:

Hey Mrcoz, Nice grow. I'm on my first coco grow atm too so know how enjoyable it is (also steep learning curve).
The spots look like the spots I got from mites. If no webs yet you could be "lucky" like me and just have red mites (not the repulsive nasty white spider mites).
I made a mix based on two formula I found on 420 forums.
Mix is made with dishwashing detergent, vege oil, hydrogen peroxide and methylated spirits/alcohol. (Just combined thew 2 recepies found on 420 forum)
Can't remember the ratios tho sorry. It knocked them down very quickly. Would spray every 3rd day. Idea is to make the plant surface wet, this drowns the little buggers, cause they so small and all.

Thanks for that, I want a Dedicated CoCo Thread for us lot.

I might hit that meth sprits...can i get hydrogen peroxide at a chemist?

I'm using pytherum at the moment.

I've just been reading, CAR EXHAUST kills bugs and makes em grow fatter.......

They were doing it everyday lol.

I dont know.

But it looks like its slowed dramatically since the 1st dose.

I'm going to dose again tomorrow again, like totally run an army of liquid over them.

I want them STOPPED! lol

I'm reading no sprays at harvest.....but.....

Ok The door on my Closet has been shut during my sleep in and its been cold.....

so this morning outside its 16 C / 61 F @ 68% Humidity.

In my Closet its 25 C / 77 F = 50 % thats on the Pot not at the top of the leaves where the light is. It fell off the blue tak in the night lol, I have to tie it up there.

Where should the Meter be?

I put mine (Same one as in your pic actually) just above the top of the plant.

Ok:

PYRETHRUM

Ive not got any webs yet, and whatever was on my plant is dead or seriously wounded.

But it appears the damage is done.

My leaves are crumbling, going dry, all over the bush yet the other 3 plants in the same space are unaffected.

The leaves are turning off slowly although that Pyth has seriously slowed that "issue" down.

I'm seriously considering going out and getting one of those kids microscope sets cause I got this huge magnifying glass and I cant see anything more with it than without it.

I've got ultra cool near sight, so i was kinda bitching with myself when i bought it, and seems i was right i cant see anything more.

Maybe A microscope would do the trick.

Might go this saturday and hit one up at Toyworld lol.

hope they are not too expensive, but it might save me an issue in the future.

Then again I'm considering spraying my plants next round before they hit 12/12 and then right then the buds start up then that will give me a head start on anything thats found its way in there.

Better dead when you dont know its there than when you do I figure at the rate ym poor plant is suffering.

Good news is, the trichs are turning amber slowly and everythings looking ok apart from the leaves.

I'm wondering tho, if the leaves are ruined, will the buds keep going till finish?

50% humidity, 25 Deg Celcius.

In response to all of this (i gotta go to work like "now!") I Suck at "impulse buying". Re the lights I should of put in 135 watt 2700k.....not those 48 watt 5000k's.....but ive dont it now......

The pyth, I'm thinking i prolly failed there, but I needed to stop it whatevers happening....

The "moving in of bugs" is a hard one cause keep windows shut is a "no can do" where I live.

But No I havent read a lot of Prevention apart form the usual "keep your Grow area CLEAN, and change clothes etc etc wash your hands, keep pets out, so forth, so forth, but i think they are just finding my grow in the end and once they find it, its game over.

So that wont stop me trying, I'm growing in a very limited area and with the amount of people in this house its no wonder I cant do what I like with my little area.

So aptly titled "budget closet grow".

Its getting more expensive now i must admit......pissing up my light choices, bugs.

ARgH.

Its a learning curve for the future this, for when I get a real cupboard in my own place.

For now, I gotta learn to keep bugs jumping and not munching. Which is difficult if they are so damned small.

Back
Top Bottom