90W LED Two Plant Deep Water Culture Grow

Spy4Pie

I started two Nirvana Feminized Indoor beans about 6 weeks ago. 18Gal reservoir with two 12'' air stones, GH nutes, 90W UFO LED, 4x4 tent.
This is my second grow, first grow was in the early 90's using a drip system.

I decided to go with a DWC Deep Water Culture grow this time. Following Roseman's Tutorial and information gained from lurking and reading the various threads for the last few months, I feel things have started well.

I did pull the feeding tubes after the first three weeks because I had a root beard in the water. I think I could have benefited from leaving them in for much longer.

The started the grow using PH test strips and no TDS meter. My first intro of nutrients I followed GH bottle instructions for early veg. Within hours the leaves were wilting, rusty and getting crispy. That night I did a recovery process and cut the nutes 3/4. The plants were stunned for about a week and did not grow. The LED Mfg had warned about using full strength. I didn't listen.

Now the proud owner of a digital PH meter and TDS meter. Keeping things between 475-525 PPM. 5.8-6.4 ph. Temp in tent is 68-72f. RH is steady at 50%. Resivor temp is 64f-68f.

At 6 weeks the plants are about 10''H. I did top them a week ago. The bigger one I did properly, but the smaller one I screwed up. I thought I was being careful, but got a little over zealous with the scissors and took half of the tiny little branch next to it. Now instead one two tops growing, it looks like 1 1/2.

IMG_10295.JPG

This pic was taken on 2/25.

IMG_10515.jpg

This was taken on 3/3

IMG_10535.jpg

This was taken 3/6

IMG_10772.jpg

3/11

I'm in Spy! Laissez les bons temps rouler!

Week 7 Update.
I was ill this week and did not get a chance to do a water change, but I did keep up with the air bath on Saturday and Wednesday. The levels were steady for the most part.
Overall, they look healthy and happy. The leaves are hard to read. Some point up, some point down, some have yellow tips and some wilt.
But... overall they look healthy.
My ppm's are between 525-575. PH crept from 5.8-6.4 over the last week.

The leaf that shows the dammage was in the back corner where the humidifier is. I rotated it 180. Perhaps I have the humidifier too close.

Back
Top Bottom