Deep Water Culture diy with 10 plants

yeah ive got RO water that has been through several filters like an activated charcoal, uv filter de-chlorinate and several others the ph is allway between 6.8 and 7.1 so its very pure. but still likes to drift up and not to the starting out but ive caught it at 8 before i dont understand it.

nycal hydro it's weird that the ph of your r/o water drifts up. I would run your tanks at no more that 500ppm or a 1/4 strength for the next week. Try to maintain the ph 5.5 to 5.8 drift down is good your plants are using nutes that why it goes down.;)
Good luck and I'll be around.:popcorn:

Pan4

nycal hydro it's weird that the ph of your r/o water drifts up. I would run your tanks at no more that 500ppm or a 1/4 strength for the next week. Try to maintain the ph 5.5 to 5.8 drift down is good your plants are using nutes that why it goes down.
Good luck and I'll be around.

Pan4

thanks for stopping in and looking at my grow.
as far as running them with 1/4 strength, that will not be needed because, well they went to the big hydroponic system in the sky :rip: they didnt make it through the night. so out of the original 8 im am left with 4 fighters. the two that are still alive seem to be unaffected by it all. they were some bag seed from some really dank shit that died, so maybe they are really picky and couldnt stand up to my abuse. the 4 that are alive are 2 kool aid(mids) and 2 jack frost (mids). both actually realy good smoke for being mids so im excited to see them pulling through. the kool aids i think are sativas and the leaves kinda support that.

my seeds i had germing all have cracked and doing very well. im trying an experiment with different germination techniques with a couple. ill fill everyone in about that later. 4x Big Budd (Not bag seed), 2X Hawaiian Snow(bs), and 1x GDP (bag seed). im moving on monday so i dont realy wanna put more in the hydro untill they are re-setup at the new place, and if my hydro grow goes bad again ill have to wait even longer. so i planted a few in dirt. so i have a total grand total of 5 in dirt, 2 in hydro, and (ill explain better later) 1 in perlite, 2 in cotton, and 1 seedling in the new hydro setup with a plastic dome over it for increased humidity.

new pics up later. everyone :roorrip: in remembrance of the three dead ones that i will call Charmain, Stephanie, and Christina, all after old bitchy ex-girlfriends i "cut" off cuz their stupid. :rofl: thanks for all the input everyone but when its their time to go, its thiertime to go.

Sorry to hear about your loss... Do you plan on trying to put the plants in soil back into hydro? If you do, this is not a good idea. You will have to get every bit of soil off the roots before they go back in, and this is next to impossible. Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

thanks sweetheart, the grow will go on. i have plenty more beans to abuse. plus there are two still going strong in the new bubbler. and to answer your question, no, i will not be trying to put them back into the hydro. That would cause too many problems. i will hopefully be able to grow them out in soil, its more forgiving, which id great for a guy like me. hehehe. there is a seedling in the hydro with a dome on it. it seems to be working very well. as far as the two beatup looking ones, there doing great and their color is returning.

so, with three down im left with 3 originals. i think they are 2 kool aid and 1 jackfrost. both bag seed so im not that attached to them so much. it would be great to grow them out but thats why i used bag seed first.

this is how i have it set up:
1 jackfrost in bubbler
2 kool aids in dirt
1 big budd in dirt
1 big budd in bubbler
1 big budd in cotton wool in cup
1 big budd in pearlite
1 grand daddy purp in paper tower
1 Hawaiian snow in cotton wool
1 hawaiian snow in dirt

i think thats it. Grand total of 10 plants. now the reason im useing so many methods is to see if any are actually any good and the method i like the best. i allready have problems with ph so i wanna try to stay away from rock wool. ive looked around and found every way i see viable to germinate seeds for a hydro system. and no im not going to be trying to replant the ones in dirt into hydro. just to many complications with that. afterwards ill start a thread on my findings to help all the diy'ers like me that are trying to save some lettuce on there equipment or just dont have access to a hydro shop, but get similar results. if anyone has any other ideas on how to germinate with something other than rock wool id love to hear ideas and try it out. ill get pics of the new ones asap

^ Wow! You are gonna have your hands full. Oh, and about bagseed... I love bagseed! It's always a surprise. Bagseed can be just as good as any genetically set weed plant you have. ;-)

check out this photo i took of one of the remainders omg! :helpsmilie: :whoa: :yikes: how do i get rid of those bugs?

monster_rar.jpg

quick update,
one of the final 2 in the hydro is looking outstanding! shes a fighter!
i think i might have my tank temps under controll. hovering around 70-71. still needs to be a bit cooler i think though. The rest are doing very good growing like a "weed"

update pics:
survivor_mary.jpg

this is one of the survivors her name is going to be mary cuz she looks like a mary.
perlite.jpg

^this is one of the big budds in perlite waitin to go in the hydro
hydro_survivor_shaniqua.jpg

^another survivor her names shaniqua cuz it sounds like a really "big" woman and thats what we want right? lol
dirt_the_thing.jpg

^this is another survivor. shes an ugly thing isnt she. from an unfortunate feeding accident. her name is the thing
cotton.jpg

^this is a test subject. its a big bud seed being germinated in cotton for hydro. so far its looking good.
bertha3.jpg

^this is bertha the strongest most healthy of the bunch. she too is a survivor that i just cant kill lol. she realy had no effect from the warm res. she going strong
baby_big_budd_hydro.jpg

^this is another test subjest. as soon as this bean had a decent tap root growing (about half inch) i through her in the hydr with some cotton to help hold moisture. she doing good and keeps growing!
baby_big_budd.jpg

^just a bug budd baby popping from the soil.
baby_big_budd_dirt.jpg

^another baby big budd
survivor_shaniqua.jpg

^shaniqua

res is hovering around 68F so all is well. lights are now out and there sleeping. :sleep: what is everyones thoughts on all this abuse. any tips are appreciated.

Man you have some weird bug's bones & booze will fixem.;)
Other that that the garden is recovering.:cool:
I wish you luck in turing them around.:smokin:

Pan4

thanks man lol yeah those amy winehouse pests. i brought in a A.A. counselor and they scattered like cockroaches. lol

I love that you thought of using cotton. What is it a cotton ball? + rep for ingenuity!

cotton balls fiber is a little to small imo. i didnt use them because i was afraid of it holding to much or not enough water. the cotton im using is called cotton wool. just like the name its cotton fibers similar to raw wool. i checked to see if it would change the ph and it is completely ph neutral, or in other words, its like its not there. it seems to be working great. what i did is take 2 Styrofoam cups stacked inside each other then cut to about 2-3 inches tall. i poked holes in the bottom of the inside cup, put cotton on the bottom of the outside cup with water. then rap seed in more cotton and place inside cups. the cotton on the bottom will wick water up into the cotton with the bean in it. the roots will grow down looking for water. the only thing i can say is place the cups in a zip lock bag to hold in moisture and keep the humidity high. if the roots grow down into the water you will have to adjust the sprout so that its not sitting in stagnant water. and if they are to big to pull back through the holes, you can allways just gently pull apart the cup the free the roots. simple its not like the paper towel method as far as ease cuz you do have to keep checking to make sure the roots are safe but its fun none the less :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom