Deep Water Culture diy with 10 plants

update, well the one good servivor in the hydro is kicking ass! im not sure what kind it is but anything is fine. lets hope that its a female (fingers crossed). shes on her 6 or 7th node now. i will probly top her and LST her just in case. she is after all my best looking survivor and the strongest. oh and she is starting to get that beautiful smell! ;) sorry about no pictures, they are bigger but ill put some up tomarow so they can get their game faces on. roll that shit light that shit SMOKE THAT SHIT!

ok, so its been a while but i moved and my direct-tv guy put a blue barrel on my internet line and cox wanted to charge me $80 to fix, after it took them a week to even come check my lines. im ranting sry bout that.

so before the move i pulled the weakest not because they were week but i got tired of keeping them alive. but i have 2 in dirt 3 in hydro and 1 germing in some rock wool. just for shits and grins i put one of the sprouts that were in rock wool into the hydro just to see how it does, and i highly do not recomend doing that. it has stunted its growth but not killed it. the biggest is one of my originals that could be either kool aid, chem dawg, or gdp or something. she has started her LST and i think shes liking it. even after something feel on her and cracked her main stem half way through. i was thinking of topping her after the break in her stem but was unsure if that was two much stress. but after thinking about it a while and went ahead and topped her thinking that it would put more focus on the lower branches and fixing her stem.she didnt skip a beat after that and shes already healed right up. im gonna be crushed if shes a he. some time next week ill be picking up a few clones of white widow and green crack so ill have to break out the other system.

pics:
so_beautiful.jpg

^top of shaniqua my oldest.
side_shot4.jpg

^side of her so you can see the LST. am i doing it right?
side_of_grow_box.jpg

^side of new grow closet
front_of_gc.jpg

rock_wool_and_bag.jpg

^big budd that was started at the same time as the one below
bb_in_hydro.jpg

^big budd
heat_stress.jpg

^is this heat stress?
bb_in_dirt.jpg

^big budd. started at the same time as the one above it

ok so i think my n dif. is under control now. her new leaves are nice and green but have a very subtle purple. getting bigger by the min. and oh yeah with the rising temps of the socal summer i decided it best to put up the hydro :( it was getting to be too much to try and keep them down so while they were still healthy i put them into soil. in the fall when the temps drop i will try again. so i only have the biggest one (bertha) another smaller super healthy big bud i will call Karen another smaller one still to be named and two more that have germinated and i just put them in rock wool today.

new pics:
side_lst.jpg

new_one.jpg

lst6.jpg

after_top.jpg

Your little ones are looking better.
nycal hydro your getting better all the time.
Keep up the good work.

Pan4

:thanks: thanks for the kind words pan. im learning alot from the from the forums and others journals. lets see if i can flower one out :yummy:

Cool capinet design. I'd like to see more overall pics of the cabinet design.
Also, good to see you have enough ammo to deal with problems LOL

thanks, but i dont have them in that anymore. that was only temp. i could still use it for a veg closet still i guess. hehehe i put together a permanent one 4' tall by 3' wide by 2'6" deep. it has a fan with hose pulling cool air from outside in, another fan to circulate the air and another at the top to push warm air out through a dryer hose. ill take some pics and post them so you can see im still looking for some cheep mylar or space blanket to line the inside so its not yet completely finished.

thanks for the help everyone and cross your fingers for lots of females.

oh yeah im germinating my last 4 big budd beans as well. the two i had germin' are now in dirt. they too off like a bat out of hell. they went from a 1/3 long tap root to about an inch tall (in rock wool cube). so if the 4 new ones all sprout, i will have 8 big budd and 1 unknown. im thinking its a sativa as well.

well, i think my largest is a male :( ive had them in 12/12 to weed out the males and then re-veg them. i took some pics today to look for pre-flowers and i think i found one on one of the new tops. what do you guys think? im not pulling him/her untill im 100% its a male. sed day at least i have a few more i just put in some rock-wool today. and still have to pick up a few clones. im not pissed just a little bummed.

heres a pic of the alleged sack:
balls2.jpg

hopefully im wrong.

hmm.. looks like man sacks to me bro! i'm sorry about that, I just got done reading your journal, i had the exact same issues with my Deep Water Culture hydro bucket, I ended up taking the cali-o bud from there and putting her in dirt. my issue was that the nutes i was using was clogging my airtstone and leaving a film on my tubing. so I cleaned the bucket out and bought some dnf hydro nutes and fired it up again, everything works great now, check out my unkown in the bucket
IMG01047-20090705-1718.jpg
she's at two weeks in the bucket. +reps for not giving up bro!

I love looking at that hydro bucket. :cheer::roorrip:
I am new to growing, and i've decided that Hydro is for me, my buckets are working fantastic so far. (knocks on wood) I just noticed an elevated PH in my system and want to correct that, but my plants are getting so big so fast I decided to let it wait out. I heard that as the plants feed they naturally lower PH, Im still trying to figure this out.
Good luck, and i'll be watching.

Musik \\\vVv/// :goodjob::peace:

^ honestly I check the pH of my solution when I mix it and change the water, but after that I don't check until the next res change. this system literally supercharges growth and if the plants growing I don't mess with it. Now if I see a problem, then I do the necessary checks and correct what's necessary, but after a while the root system gets so big, and they start sucking up water so fast, u have to just add water each week instead of changing it lol

Keep up the good work man! Looks like you have been experimenting with alot of different methods. Some work, some dont. But glad to see things going better. +1 rep

Sorry about the wait I'm on my iPhone typing this so bare with me. As soon as I can get the batery charged. I picked up a clone from the shop the other day! Only one for now and they get them fresh from the Oksterdam nursary. It's headband because he said it is easy to grow. I might go pick up a few more once I see this ones doing good. It is super healthy looking and loves her new home. As far as thepotential dude, I'm still not 100%and I'm thinking of throwing it in a pot and putting him in the back yard and let the sprinklers that come on 2x a day. Just to practice taking cuttings and topping. And hey, maybe I can get some shake off him that I can make some brownies with lol. 3 more have sprouted all big bud and have been in dirt for a few days now.

High Nycal :ciao: just read through your thread, very creative!!! I have to say the majority of your pics show sad mj plants :-(

My #1 question I have, mainly caust the post I've read through doesn't specify what your pH is at? Thats the only thing holding me back from going to hydro is the high maintenance regarding the pH, IMO ;)

Keep it up!!!

Oh the ph was kept at around 5.6-6.2 it would drift but I think it was because of temp problems. The ph is a little work but you should check the run off of soil as well. Not too much extra work. I just Dont have the funds or means to keep the res temps low in the sunny so-cal summer days.

here they are i will be talking throughout the show;

top_of_him.jpg

^this is what i strongly believe to be a male now outside away from the others.
side_view_of_him.jpg

^this is a side view.
main_stem_topping_stems.jpg

^main stem tops
other_tip.jpg

^one tip
other_tip_zoom.jpg

^same tip zoomed in
tip1.jpg

^other tip
him_side.jpg

^another side view
him_in_his_new_home.jpg

^this is where he will live or die up to him. might let him mature just for the shake to make some stuff.
bigbudd3.jpg

^this is miss big budd doing great! she has been topped and the lower growth came out of no where.
biggbud4.jpg

^her main stem with all the new growth.
bigbudd2.jpg

^looking down at her
bigbudd.jpg

^another of her stalk.
headband1.jpg

^ last but not least, little miss headband clone from oksterdam nursery. shes going through some light LST because i wanna try my hand at cloneing so i need lots of good growth. she will be one of a few soon hopefully. i only got one because i am out of soil. so as soon as i get the funds up ill be getting some good ff soil and a few different strains of clones.
headband3.jpg

^side shot of her
closeup27.jpg

^close up of main growing tip.

so what do you all think. to me they look healthy, but unfortunately im colorblind so its difficult for me to tell. :thanks: :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom