Dark Devil Auto: A Community Grow Record

Oh guys, I forgot to post this the other day. When I won the MOTM contest (how thankful am I?) part of the prize package was seeds from Gorilla Seeds, those generous scamps. :love: They carry Dark Devil Auto. :yahoo:

Yep, you guessed it. I was down to one last seed. Now I have five more on the way.

image18103.jpeg

Thank you Gorilla Seeds, thank you :420:, thank you universe. :love:

*sigh* Life is so sweet.

Yayyyyyyyyyyy!!:volcano-smiley:

Wow Canna! Beautiful bud!!! Will you be entering this one in the contest?

I refuse to follow another one of your threads... I already scan too many of yours... but I had to give a nod to the Karma hit. Very nice!

Thank you Tead. :kisstwo:

Some shots from today.

DDA2 (Day 61) She'll probably be harvested within a week.

image18402.jpeg

image18403.jpeg

DDA3 (Day 51) I figure another two weeks with her.

image18399.jpeg

image18401.jpeg

image760.png

image761.png

DDA3 (Day 51) Just starting to show purple. :yahoo: Easily another month.

image18404.jpeg

image18406.jpeg

image18405.jpeg

image18363.jpeg

You really have mastered how to get all those wonderful colors out of a single plant. Very impressive Sue!

Thank you Canna, but I'm kinda working blind still. I grow in living soils that do all the work for me. The hempy surprised me. I thought I was killing her. Maybe I was, and that's why she worked so hard to thrive. When I finally got her enough food I took it to too much.

I may be figuring out the tiny closet and this Timber Vero240. Add some training tweaking from arteekay and I think we got it.

Now if I could just figure out how to lift the light another two feet without drilling into the antique plaster walls, something I'm forbidden from doing.:hmmmm:

Thank you Canna, but I'm kinda working blind still. I grow in living soils that do all the work for me. The hempy surprised me. I thought I was killing her. Maybe I was, and that's why she worked so hard to thrive. When I finally got her enough food I took it to too much.

I may be figuring out the tiny closet and this Timber Vero240. Add some training tweaking from arteekay and I think we got it.

Now if I could just figure out how to lift the light another two feet without drilling into the antique plaster walls, something I'm forbidden from doing.:hmmmm:
Drill into the studs in the ceiling, put a couple eye bolts. Then you can hang from those. Make sure you have a pilot hole though. You don't want to split the studs. Lol! I'm guessing the antique plaster is there too, and if the building is that old, you may not want to disturb the plaster/asbestos walls. Lol

Drill into the studs in the ceiling, put a couple eye bolts. Then you can hang from those. Make sure you have a pilot hole though. You don't want to split the studs. Lol! I'm guessing the antique plaster is there too, and if the building is that old, you may not want to disturb the plaster/asbestos walls. Lol

Or you could use PVC pipe and build a frame in the closet that you can hang the lights from. I've had to do that a time or two before getting my own home.

Or you could use PVC pipe and build a frame in the closet that you can hang the lights from. I've had to do that a time or two before getting my own home.

I've actually considered this, but with black pipe instead of PVC. This light panel is heavy enough it might not be supported by PVC stretched across that expanse. The drilling into the ceiling wouldn't work - like you mentioned Canna, antique plaster is there too. My problem with the black pipe is strictly expense. I'd be talking around $100 for the framework, even considering I had the longest piece. I'll do some pricing the next time I'm through Lowe's. I swing by there every day on my walk.

I just realized reading over my post that I could build the framework with PVC and use the black pipe I'm hanging the light from now, just resting on top of the PVC framework. Hmmmm.......

I've actually considered this, but with black pipe instead of PVC. This light panel is heavy enough it might not be supported by PVC stretched across that expanse. The drilling into the ceiling wouldn't work - like you mentioned Canna, antique plaster is there too. My problem with the black pipe is strictly expense. I'd be talking around $100 for the framework, even considering I had the longest piece. I'll do some pricing the next time I'm through Lowe's. I swing by there every day on my walk.

I just realized reading over my post that I could build the framework with PVC and use the black pipe I'm hanging the light from now, just resting on top of the PVC framework. Hmmmm.......

I like the idea of the black pipe only for the top to save money. You could also just use a wider PVC pipe on the top. Those things can hold a surprising amount of weight.

I think you might be right Canna. The irony? In my culling I've already tossed out pieces of PVC that Dale had purchased to play around with making didgeridoos. Lol! Now I get to purchase more. :laughtwo:

This is a good idea that I'm gonna price up and then begin to build this week. I need this light to be more flexible vertically than I can get with my current limitations. First up, decide how tall I want it.

I think you might be right Canna. The irony? In my culling I've already tossed out pieces of PVC that Dale had purchased to play around with making didgeridoos. Lol! Now I get to purchase more. :laughtwo:

This is a good idea that I'm gonna price up and then begin to build this week. I need this light to be more flexible vertically than I can get with my current limitations. First up, decide how tall I want it.

As tall as you can make it. Like 3 inches from the top? :)

Some shots from today.

DDA2 (Day 61) She'll probably be harvested within a week.

image18402.jpeg

image18403.jpeg

DDA3 (Day 51) I figure another two weeks with her.

image18399.jpeg

image18401.jpeg

image760.png

image761.png

DDA3 (Day 51) Just starting to show purple. :yahoo: Easily another month.

image18404.jpeg

image18406.jpeg

image18405.jpeg

image18363.jpeg

You dont use nutrients or you do? If so what strength. Im doing 1/4strength like they say for autos but im not thinkkng its enough for many different strains im running. Im just curious of others opinions

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom