Dark Devil Auto: A Community Grow Record

Taking off the main growing shoot so it starts to grow 2 in place of the main stem

I get higher yields by topping. Anyone else agree? bobrown, you don't top them, do you? Is there a reason for that? I find if I top them at 4-5 nodes it gets an appreciable increase at harvest time. The best specimen I grew also had lots of side lighting. Hmmm..... Why did I deviate from that? :hmmmm: I got 4 ounces out of that DDA, and she was the darkest I've grown so far. I'll give thought to a stand for the side lights.

Man! Can you imagine me pulling 8 ounces out of the closet? :thedoubletake: Anything's possible, isn't it? Lol!

47 days old and stretching like crazy. I'm considering super cropping, just to maintain an even canopy. Has anybody tried this with the dda?
420-magazine-mobile788002598.jpg
67 days old
I might have the same pheno as pennywise, she's quite lanky.
420-magazine-mobile789199440.jpg

Some hints of purple coming through, hopefully she goes deep purple towards the end.
420-magazine-mobile1487864530.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1223341495.jpg

Leave it grow ... this plant isn't going to win any yield contests and you're on a time clock.. you are lucky to have a larger pheno. Most of them are rather smallish.

Thanks! Considering I'm a lazy grower leaving it be suits me well .

My only regret is not spraying with sts earlier on, hopefully my other beans share the same traits.

420-magazine-mobile609997239.jpg

My first DD is showing pistils starting to flower day 35ish. I had to run this strain as soon as I ran across this thread,sounds like the effects I'm looking for an they are a thing of beauty to look at.

I can see the purple forming down inside the buds. Already a beautiful plant really excited about this one, can't wait to see what it produces..
420-magazine-mobile265397490.jpg

I don't know if the purple shows up in the pictures or not
420-magazine-mobile383947681.jpg
420-magazine-mobile209233109.jpg

The universe gifted you with a teeny-tiny girl Lucas. :laughtwo: Small but powerful. You might get a whole joint out of her. Lol!

Pennywise, sometimes the green ones will turn in the last two weeks. According to anecdotal evidence they're to more potent pheno. My first one lived up to that expectation. It gave me tremors when I smoked it. Lol!

Dank, I can't believe I missed your post this long. :ciao: You're entering into the blissful stage, watching the leaves and buds stain purple. This is the most amazing chemovar to grow. :slide:

By the way everyone

IMG_70787.JPG

Out of curiousity, why don't you grow DD during the summer months? We've just entered summer here in Australia (my first for indoor growing) and I'm wondering if I should wait to grow an auto/DD 'till after summer.

I'm generally not home during the summer.... so I start a few REGs at the begining of summer and let them run auto pilot. My AUTOs I water manually so they won't make it thru.... I usually run about 20 DD in the spring with enough time to chop n dry then take with us on vacation!!

Nothing to do with the plant or temps just my personal agenda thing.

Looking for evidence "topping" helps with yield..... haven't found any evidence yet... so staying the course.

Just a quick update my DD right around day 50. Loving the color of these buds, and the way this purple spreading to the leaves now such a thing of beauty. So far they're not throwing off a lot of smell. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good grow.
fc6b5b8004bcbfcda739be92cbe09c43.jpg
affa962e0bc38c0665a9739d132f6b14.jpg
1498fb0bc79098004428687a898f908f.jpg

Just a quick update my DD right around day 50. Loving the color of these buds, and the way this purple spreading to the leaves now such a thing of beauty. So far they're not throwing off a lot of smell. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good grow.
fc6b5b8004bcbfcda739be92cbe09c43.jpg
affa962e0bc38c0665a9739d132f6b14.jpg
1498fb0bc79098004428687a898f908f.jpg

By now they ought to be giving off some fragrance dankdreamer. How's it going?

Another couple weeks and I'll be dropping new seeds. :yahoo:

IMG_73145.JPG

By now they ought to be giving off some fragrance dankdreamer. How's it going?

Another couple weeks and I'll be dropping new seeds. :yahoo:

IMG_73145.JPG
They are starting to put off a bit of a scent now, smell like candy. I was about a week off on the 50 days today is actually day 51 I went from the first time I tried to germinate the seeds two of them didn't pop. I actually only got 1 out of 4 to germinate, anyone else have germination problems with these seeds? Anyway I ordered another pack hopefully they'll germ better for me in the spring I can't wait to get one of these Outdoors under that bright sunshine and see what they can really yield. Mrs. Dank Love's the sweet smell so much I got a new light for Xmas. So altogether that should put me right around 600 true watts of LEDs, between the two store-bought LEDs and the one homemade LED. These girls sure are a thing of beauty. Hope everyone had a good New Year.
24d9b1d4968eabf57cfab9008a616786.jpg
da9ea0980c25dfaeb451d3694be83fc3.jpg
17f5e89df2e759cb05ac24f5e95d4fd6.jpg

What a beautiful plant. Pulled it out to look at the tri chromes they even have purple stalks on them. Not sure exactly when to harvest these there's a good mix of clear cloudy and Amber trichomes today being day 63. Not a real lot of fade going on yet even though I use all organics I think I'm going to wait for a little more fade in the leaves. It's been over a week since its last compost tea. I see no need to flush as it's all organic but I'm going to give it a couple more days of straight water. What do you guys think? Very floral smell not very strong though.
2b278372ddbb849b4adb4f1ceb3feadc.jpg
b2db6547de2a38b430033a879b93e624.jpg
6cf82b0d8542a3dbfdfdd7844c8a0cbe.jpg
0080313cff0e3ae356e734aa4fdc320b.jpg
5f01da531de5cf178137d3fda2056ec0.jpg

In dwc I take them to 90+ days nearly every time.
So are the trichromes all amber at that point? She is still drinking good water,and doesn't really look like she's done to me,but there are over 25%amber?? There are still a lot of clear too,this is my first go at these so any help or opinions would be appreciated.I already ordered another pack for outdoors so I wanna know what's best to get that nice giddy sativa effect.

So are the trichromes all amber at that point? She is still drinking good water,and doesn't really look like she's done to me,but there are over 25%amber?? There are still a lot of clear too,this is my first good at these so any help or opinions would be appreciated.I already ordered another pack for outdoors so I wanna know what's best to get that nice giddy sativa effect.

I take mine at the first sign of amber trichomes. I prefer the edgier buzz of just cloudy. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom