Day 30
1544663665572.png

Day 30​

December 13th at 11:34 am

Lights: OFF
Temp: 68 Degrees
Humidity: 50%
Light Hight: 37 1/2” inches above the soil
Soil: 1” down Dry, 2” somewhat still Moist.
Container: A Little Heavy
Water: None

I wanted to also start adding the container weight above because from the help of “Emilya” thread on “ The Proper Way to Water a Potted Plant “ It is a must read if you have not read it already. And it makes a whole lot of sense if you think about it. One of the things talked about was the first two inches of soil. Just because it is dry 2 inches down does not mean there is no water in the soil further down.

You must fill the weight of the container in order to really know when to water. I also liked the explanation on the right way to water slowly until you see some runoff. On my next grow I am going to follow this to a “ T ” I will continue to water the way I have been because on the fact I have a much bigger container then I really should and it seems to have been working so far.

My next grow I will have a much smaller container and my watering schedule will be much easier to dial in like in the thread from ” Emilya “ explains the proper way to water. It is not my thread so I will not go into many details but there is so much useful information if you have not read it, look at it and I am sure you will agree it is very informative information.

I love taking daily photos so, tonight I will post some more photos when the lights are back on. Today more than likely I will not water until tomorrow she is getting very nice and flowers are getting a little taller and fatter. She is putting off some smell and the leaves are very much green, still no signs of stress. Either I got very lucky on my first try on growing or I studied very well with some good knowledge passed down from other members and have a pretty good idea of what I am doing. Don’t get me wrong I am no expert but, I have been having a lot of fun with this plant.

December 14th at 9:45 am

Humidity: 52%
Soil: 1” down Dry, 2” still Moist.

Well I decided on my next watering I will do exactly what “ Emilya “ discusses in the thread, at first I thought, “hey I have been doing fine so far why change things up?” and that is human nature but, this is an experiment and if I am going to do this right I will start right away.

So, this morning I made another 1-gallon jug of water with:
  • 5ml Base
  • 5ml Bloom
  • 5ml CaMg+
I will pour the water really slow around the plant with the first gallon of water and with the second gallon I will pour around the edges of the container making my way back to where the center stem is until I see water runoff. What every solution is left over I will just use on my houseplants. My houseplants really love this stuff I have noticed.

My soil this morning was still moist, and my container was heavy so this morning I did not water. I might tonight when I get home from work.

I also bought a moisture meter at Lowes hardware store for $9.99
1544812873333.png
The moisture meter works very well but be very careful not to damage any roots when you stick it in the ground. I should have bought this and inserted it into the ground before my plant was so big and just left it there until harvest. I will on my next grow this summer.

Glad to see you adjusting to this new method... You will be convinced after you see how much the plants like it. Congrats on your new wet/dry line indicator. Those things are so inaccurate that there are only two readings that make any sense... moist and wet... You probably will never see a dry indication, but as you stick that thing in the container lower and lower, watch the meter. When you hit the actual water table line, the meter will peg out to the wet side. You have just found the wet/dry line, and now you can watch it as it drops down to the bottom inch, indicating that it is time to water. That last inch will never dry out according to this meter, because of capillary action between the roots and the sides and bottom of the container.

Thank you for the information It will take a little playing around with. When I stuck the meter in the soil It was very wet, but I know my soil cannot be that wet because the container is not extremely heavy. So you are right they are inaccurate but it does help to find the wet-dry line as you said and I think I found it with this meter. We will see how things go from here on out.

December 15th at 6:20 am

Lights: ON
Humidity: 67%
Soil: 1” down Dry, 2” down Dry.
Container: Very light
Water: Two 1-gallon Jugs 5ml Base, 5ml Bloom, 5ml CaMg+ pH 6.3-6.4

Our little town had a big wind storm yesterday. The power in the whole county was out for the entire day and night. So now my light cycle is off by several hours. Despite all that the lights did turn back on some ware around midnight.

I lifted my container and it was very light in weight. I used two 1-gallon jugs adding 5ml of nutes to each jug listed above. I then dropped my pH levels down to 6.3-6.4 and watered very slowly. At first, I did not see any runoff so I waited and waited but it finally started coming out. I used both gallons of water.

1544883669524.png
1544883685368.png
1544883701314.png
Day 33 Day 33 Day 33

December 16th at 9:37 am

Temp: 70 Degrees
Humidity: 66%
Soil: 1” wet, 2” down wet.
Container: Very heavy

Since my light schedule was off by several hours and our cities power was off throughout the whole county and our power was off for more than 24 hours. I left my light on for a whole 24 hours then set my timer back to 18 hours on 6 hours off. She is still doing amazing.
  • From 12:00 am to 4:00 am lights off
  • From 4:00 am to 12:00 am Lights On
I made a new water solution with some nutes with a slight increase,
  • 7.5ml Base
  • 7.5ml Bloom
  • 7.5ml CaMg+
  • pH 6.3
1544983694336.png
1544983712991.png

Day 34
1544983738437.png
1544983753820.png

Day 34
1544983770629.png

Day 34​

December 13th at 11:34 am

Humidity: 50%
Soil: 1” down Dry, 2” somewhat still Moist.

I wanted to also start adding the container weight above because from the help of “Emilya” thread on “ The Proper Way to Water a Potted Plant “ It is a must read if you have not read it already. And it makes a whole lot of sense if you think about it. One of the things talked about was the first two inches of soil. Just because it is dry 2 inches down does not mean there is no water in the soil further down.

You must fill the weight of the container in order to really know when to water. I also liked the explanation on the right way to water slowly until you see some runoff. On my next grow I am going to follow this to a “ T ” I will continue to water the way I have been because on the fact I have a much bigger container then I really should and it seems to have been working so far.

My next grow I will have a much smaller container and my watering schedule will be much easier to dial in like in the thread from ” Emilya “ explains the proper way to water. It is not my thread so I will not go into many details but there is so much useful information if you have not read it, look at it and I am sure you will agree it is very informative information.

I love taking daily photos so, tonight I will post some more photos when the lights are back on. Today more than likely I will not water until tomorrow she is getting very nice and flowers are getting a little taller and fatter. She is putting off some smell and the leaves are very much green, still no signs of stress. Either I got very lucky on my first try on growing or I studied very well with some good knowledge passed down from other members and have a pretty good idea of what I am doing. Don’t get me wrong I am no expert but, I have been having a lot of fun with this plant.

I started following her watering guide a few weeks ago, it's a pain in the back but it makes a lot of sense the plants seem to like it.

Grow's looking good!

December 18th at 8:05 am

Temp: 72 Degrees
Humidity: 57%
Soil: 1” Dry, 2” down wet.
Container: Light

My container is light but I am going to go ahead and wait another day or two to water. She looks amazing her flowers are thickening up and getting a little taller.

There is not a whole lot for me to do since I bought most of everything I need already and I still have a few weeks until harvest.
1545149990024.png

Day 36
1545150016296.png
1545150027566.png
Day 36 Day 36

December 19th at 9:00 am

Temp: 72 Degrees
Humidity: 57%
Soil: 1” Down Dry, 2” Down Dry.
Container: Light
Water: 2-gallon jugs 7.5ml Base, 7.5ml Bloom, 7.5ml CaMg+, pH 6.3

I filled two 1-gallon jugs with water and added in each nutes listed above then watered very slowly until I seen some runoff using both gallon jugs to water. There is not as much runoff as there was last time. The plant looks very healthy and thriving. Flowers are getting thicker and taller.

This plant is 5 weeks and two days old won’t be long and soon will be harvest Time.
1545240552325.png
1545240564386.png

Day 37
1545240589119.png
1545240602241.png

Day 37​

Back
Top Bottom