Db003's - Glueberry Skunk Auto Tester - Nightcrawler OG Auto Tester - Mars II 700

time for a update on my critical mass collective and top shelf elite collaboration tester grow of nightcrawler OG auto and glueberry skunk auto

I was going to water these pants today and decided not to instead I will be harvesting these plant tomorrow I will have more details when I harvest the plants in the morning

I am still not sure how I will dry these plants since I did all my drying in my grow tent and I took it down to put up my new tent but its all good I might just do it old school and hang dry the whole plant

these autos are in day #82 from sprout day #7 of the flush

db003's - glueberry skunk auto tester - nightcrawler og auto tester - Mars II 700 video #12 - YouTube

0013219.JPG
0023116.JPG
0032985.JPG
0042786.JPG
0052618.JPG
0062327.JPG
0072173.JPG

its harvest time! I just harvested my glueberry skunk auto and nightcrawler OG auto from top shelf elite these were tester strains they a were collaboration between critical mass collective and top shelf elite

I got to say that glueberry skunk auto is going to be some fire! it smells so strong it had my buddy next door come over and say dam bro it sticks so good and he could smell it down the block lol the nightcrawler OG auto is going to be great too but that glueberry skunk auto is something else it has passed all my expectations

the smell of the glueberry skunk auto is like a grapes and pure skunk its a very over powering smell I love it the nightcrawler OG auto has more of a softer smell like earthy pine trees and lemon candy but still smells great

this will be my last harvest of 2016 I have had a lot of ups and downs of this year of growing but its all good my next grow wont be for a few weeks until I get the rest of my parts so I can set up my first 600w hps in my 2x4 tent I got

these autos were harvested on day #83 and day #8 of the flush

0013224.JPG
0023121.JPG
0032990.JPG
0042789.JPG
0062330.JPG
0062330.JPG
0072176.JPG
0081963.JPG
0091763.JPG
0101603.JPG
0111409.JPG
0121256.JPG
0131137.JPG
0141024.JPG

its a new year and even though the only grow I had going has ended there is still a lot to do I am getting ready for my next grow and I got quite a few things going on

first big thing is my 2x4 grow tent that I will be using a 600w hps air cooled reflector set up in I have been talking about I have the tent set up but that's it I still am waiting for the other parts to come in the mail for my 600w hps set up

the second thing is a got the stuff to make my first homemade batch of super soil I will be starting small for this first batch I will be using a super soil mix I got from eBay its the best one I could find for the price without me having to buy every single thing separate

the mix I got from eBay has some good amendments and is very close to what I plan to make once I get all the amendments myself

here is what's in the mix I got from eBay

.3125 lb. - 5 oz. Fish Bone Meal-- 3-16-0
.3125 lb. - 5 oz. Granular Bone Meal-- 2-14-0-
.625 lb. - 10 oz. Bat Guano--- 0-7-0
.3125 lb. - 5 oz. Blood Meal-- 13-0-0
.3125 lb. - 5 oz. Feather Meal-- 12-0-0
.375 lb. Colloidal Rock Phosphate
3/32 cup Epsom Salt
1/16 cup Sweet Lime (Dolomite)
1/16 cup Azomite (67 Trace Elements)
1/16 cup Kelp Powder - 0-0-17-
1/16 cup Mycorrhizal Fungi (300 spores per gram)
3/4 tsp. Powdered Humic Acid (90%Pure)

to the mix above I will be adding 5 pounds of worm castings to the mix it calls for 6.25 pounds but its all I could afford right now so I will be using 5 pounds and I will be mixing it with some dr. earth pot of gold soil

I was going to wait to make the mix till I got some more money since I did not have enough to buy any soil plus I did not want to get really shitty soil just so I could make it I think that might have messed my experiment all up but I got a sale today on the soil I picked up a 1.5cf bag of dr. earth pot of gold soil for $5 and I also got a 27 gallon tote to store and mix it in

I know that the soil I got is not the best but like I said this will only be my first practice batch it has a good list of soil amendments in it but I will be working with a better recipe once I get the hang of it then I will be get all the single amendment ingredients to make it from scratch most likely with roots organic soil or something similar

dont get me wrong I love growing in coco but I think super soil is the way to go for me so I want to give it a shot but I still have some time before it will be ready so my first grow in the 2x4 tent with the 600w hps will be a coco grow

its a great day I just mixed my first batch of super soil! this will be my experimental batch so I can get the hang of it before I got out and buy all the full list of ingredients for myself I used a super soil amendment mix I got from eBay for 18 dollars it has a very similar amendment mix that I will be using once I get all the single amendments but it will be a little different from this mix

the list of amendments are

.3125 lb. - 5 oz. Fish Bone Meal-- 3-16-0
.3125 lb. - 5 oz. Granular Bone Meal-- 2-14-0-
.625 lb. - 10 oz. Bat Guano--- 0-7-0
.3125 lb. - 5 oz. Blood Meal-- 13-0-0
.3125 lb. - 5 oz. Feather Meal-- 12-0-0
.375 lb. Colloidal Rock Phosphate
3/32 cup Epsom Salt
1/16 cup Sweet Lime (Dolomite)
1/16 cup Azomite (67 Trace Elements)
1/16 cup Kelp Powder - 0-0-17-
1/16 cup Mycorrhizal Fungi (300 spores per gram)
3/4 tsp. Powdered Humic Acid (90%Pure)

I also mixed 5 pounds of worm castings to the mix I got from kelp4less for 12 dollars the original recipe calls for 6.25 pounds but 5 pounds is all I could afford right now so I will be using 5 pounds

this was all mixed with one 1.5 cubic feet bag of Dr. earth pot of gold all purpose potting soil I got it from home depot for 5 dollars it was on sale from 13 dollars I wanted to use roots organic original soil but ran out so this will work plus I got it super cheap

I mixed it in a 27 gallon tote I got from home depot I just mixed it all by hand in layers for like 15 minutes and let it sit and added 2/3 of a gallon of tap water and mixed it again for another 10 minutes now all I have to do is wait 6 to 12 weeks for it to "cook" its raining outside right now so I will leave it in the house for now

0013234.JPG
0023129.JPG
0032998.JPG
0042797.JPG
0052627.JPG
0062335.JPG
0072180.JPG

Super soils are great. You hardly ever have to do anything but top dress once a month or so. Did you follow a recipe or formulate your own? It can be very easy to add too much guano and really cook your plants.

Dirt Man Dan

Super soils are great. You hardly ever have to do anything but top dress once a month or so. Did you follow a recipe or formulate your own? It can be very easy to add too much guano and really cook your plants.

Dirt Man Dan
this was a recipe that I followed

just scored a amazing deal from home depot today. I got six bags of 1.5 cubic feet bag of Dr. earth pot of gold all purpose potting soil for $5 each bag. I also got a 2 cubic foot bag of Vigoro Perlite and a roll of duct tape I needed. I got it all for $50 bucks dam I am cheap I get super excited for good deals lol but I love to save money

I will be using the Dr. earth pot of gold to make more super soil later down the road when I get the amendments. but for $5 bucks a bag it was way to good to pass up. I got a bag of it mixed up with super soil amendments and earthworm castings right now cooking and I noticed that it had very little perlite. so I got a bag of perlite well I think the perlite was a bit over priced it was 17 dollars for a 2 cubic foot bag. but its all good at least I dont have to drive around to go get it.

I cant say for sure about the over all quality of the Dr. earth pot of gold all purpose potting soil since I have not grown in it yet but it has some good ingredients. it just looks to need more perlite and it did not have a butch of sticks or anything crazy when I was making my super soil with it the other day I think I was a good buy.

pot_of_gold_soil.jpg
perlite5.jpg

You sound like my wife. Lol can't pass up a good deal.
If the stuff your using is omri listed like it shows in the photo. You probably have something fairly decent. Maybe not perfect for what your doing exactly. But an all around good soil.
So I found something that you are sure to like. I looked into my nutes and considering going to a new line. In the process. I ran across a product called recharge. Real growers dot com. Or Amazon.
It's soil microbes and molasses. Totally organic and it works. I've been giving it to all my house plants. And they love it. I recommend you check it out.

Dirt Man Dan

Left this part out. Whoops. Lol.
I'm re doing my nutrient line up. And I known you use Cheshire grin like I did. But I didn't notice much from that stuff. The terps increase probably was a placebo effect.

Dirt Man Dan

You sound like my wife. Lol can't pass up a good deal.
If the stuff your using is omri listed like it shows in the photo. You probably have something fairly decent. Maybe not perfect for what your doing exactly. But an all around good soil.
So I found something that you are sure to like. I looked into my nutes and considering going to a new line. In the process. I ran across a product called recharge. Real growers dot com. Or Amazon.
It's soil microbes and molasses. Totally organic and it works. I've been giving it to all my house plants. And they love it. I recommend you check it out.

Dirt Man Dan

I have been wanting to get some recharge one of my other friends told me about it too I will try and pick some up

Left this part out. Whoops. Lol.
I'm re doing my nutrient line up. And I known you use Cheshire grin like I did. But I didn't notice much from that stuff. The terps increase probably was a placebo effect.

Dirt Man Dan
you might be right about the Cheshire grin I will be doing a side by side with it in my next grow anyway they sent me like 4 gallons to test out so no complaints here but to be honest it probably wont do much you might be better off just adding earthworm casting to my soil but if it were used with hydro that might work better since its hard to get casting in your feed in hydro so that might work

so I got the glueberry skunk auto and the nightcrawler og auto all jarred up I trimmed and jarred the glueberry skunk auto it was hung dried for 10 days and the nightcrawler og auto was jarred the next morning for a total of 11 days for that one

as I already could tell the glueberry skunk auto is fantastic and the nightcrawler og auto is good too just really fluffy so I dont like it as much I will probably just let my mom get most of it lol and keep the glueberry skunk auto for my private stash

its still too early to get a weight on it yet I will give it a few days in the jars first I got 4 full jars from the glueberry skunk auto and 4 from nightcrawler og auto but not as full since the bud is so loose and it compacts down

I got a jar of trim full to the brim and packed as hell of frosty sugar leaves and small buds that I want to make some coconut oil with for some edibles

0013245.JPG
0023140.JPG
0072184.JPG
0033009.JPG
0081971.JPG
0091772.JPG
0101611.JPG
0121259.JPG
0131139.JPG
0141026.JPG

man I am so tired I have been working on setting up my 2x4 GrowLab tent all day I had to stop for a while but it's all good I got it all set up now and ready to start a grow!

lets see I used one of the 4 inch inline duct fans for the whole setup I got the 4x12 carbon filter connected to the fan and I used 4 inch ducting from the fan to the reflector with a reducer blowing air over and out the other side of the reflector and 6 inch ducting on the other side with the end pointing out of my window so the hot air wont be venting in my room and hung the ballast outside the tent next to the tent on the wall where I have my power strip at

I also used 2 small 6 inch fans for air movement for the plants but noticed that one of the fans only works if I take the cover off and spin the blade till still starts moving and working until it gets turned off I am going to try and replace it when I get some funds the other one works fine

I got a 4 inch inline duct booster fan at the bottom of the tent as a active air intake fan its just pulling air in from my room for now but want to set it up so that I will be pulling fresh air from the outside from my window were I have my air outtake from the reflector at all I have it attach some longer ducting to it and I also need to get a new per filter for my carbon filter or maybe just wash it I plan on only using this carbon filter for a couple more grows and using one of the other ones I have still or maybe just buy a new one

I installed the Xtrasun 600 watt Metal Halide Pulse Start Bulb Lamp (7200K) in my reflector and turned it on and its works so I am happy I let the light stay on for about 40 minutes before I turned it off now all I have to do is go and get a bag of coco from my garage and start germinating some seed for my next grow

015919.JPG
016860.JPG
017778.JPG
018690.JPG
019598.JPG
020563.JPG
022473.JPG
023436.JPG
024400.JPG
025399.JPG
026368.JPG
027331.JPG
028334.JPG
029301.JPG
030275.JPG
031265.JPG
032241.JPG
033238.JPG
034220.JPG
035216.JPG

I redesigned my grow tent! thanks for all the help and comments about my grow tent setup it gave me a lot of good info and helped me deiced how to set it up for better results

first thing is I added another 4 inch duct fan so now I have my carbon filter extraction and the air cooled reflector set up separate with there own 4 inch duct fans the air cooled reflector will be pulling air directly from my room and blowing air over the light and out a window

I chose to place the duct fan before the reflector and blow air over the light and out the window so that it will have positive pressure inside the tent that way if there are any air leaks from the duct hoses or reflector it will be taken care of by my carbon filter extraction system and blowing air is also less stressful to the fan in the long run

next is simple I just setup the carbon filter with the 4 inch duct fan and ran ducting to the top of the tent and out a window both the carbon filter fan and the fan for the air cooled reflector have a fan speed controller

I have a power strip box hooked up to the 24 hour timer so I could have the ballast and duct fan for the air cooled reflector turn off and on at the same time that way I dont have the duct fan for the air cooled hood running 24/7 when it does not need to be save me on electricity

the carbon filter extraction fan is on a separate power strip so it will be running 24/7 and the 2 clip fans and the 4 inch duct booster fan at the bottom of the tent that is my active air intake will also be running 24/7

the only thing I need to do is clip off some of the excess ducting from one of the sides of the air cooled reflector I just wanted to wait and see how low I need the light before I make the final decision its better to have too much ducting then not enough

I also want to get some more ducting later so I could pull air from the window for the air cooled reflector I am just a bit worried that since I run my lights at night and that it might bring in cool moist air from outside and that would not be safe for the light

the last pic is the bud from my last harvest still being burped and drying out a bit more

well that's about it tell me what you think about how I have it setup now or if you have any comments or questions

00048.JPG
0013248.JPG
0023143.JPG
0033012.JPG
0042810.JPG
0052637.JPG
0062343.JPG
0081973.JPG
0091774.JPG
0101612.JPG
0111415.JPG
0121260.JPG
0131140.JPG
015920.JPG
016861.JPG

not weed related but I would like to share anyway I recently started looking into fermented foods and drinks so I wanted to give it a shot

just started my first ever batch of fermented garlic honey! I used 10 whole garlic cloves and boy let me tell you I never knew it was such a pain to peel garlic since I have never done it before after it was all peeled I cut the ends off the garlic and cut some of the bigger cloves in half

then I poured a bit more then a half of a 32oz bottle of aunt sues raw wild natural honey it says its 100% pure unfiltered honey now all I have to do is turn and burb it every day for about a month

0042815.JPG
0072189.JPG
0091776.JPG
0101613.JPG

Garlic honey... sounds interesting. I would have went with like mint honey or rosemary. Bet that would leave a taste . you wont forget.

Dirt Man Dan

time to make some cannabis infused coconut oil for edibles! its been what feels like forever since I made some cannabis infused coconut oil last time I did it my family was like dam it smells too strong and crap but there all gone shopping so its time to bake! keep in mind that it does smell strong at times that's no lie so if you are trying to keep it on the low wait till you have a day alone

I used all the trim I had from my plants from my last couple harvests its all mostly tiny buds and frosty sugar trim but I little bit of it was fan leaves but very little I asked one of my friends to put my trim in a jar and they did not understand and put some of the fan leaves in there too but its ok but try and use only bud or frosty trim if you can

I weighted the trim and it came out to 62 grams give or take a few grams I then placed it all in a large turkey oven bag and put that in a Pyrex dish

I decarboxylated the trim at 280 for 10 minutes since I did not preheat the over first and turned it down to the lowest setting for another 15 to 20 minutes not sure the exact temperature since my oven is very old and the temp and the numbers are worn off it might have been a bit higher lol but I kept a eye on it

I let the trim sit in the oven for about 10 or 15 minutes to cool off in the over bag once that was done I crunched up the trim still in the bag as best as I could and placed it in my crock pot

I used 14 fluid ounce jar of simple truth organic refined coconut oil for the whole batch mine was a still a bit solid so I took the lid off of the jar and placed it in the microwave for a minute and it was all melted make sure to keep a eye on it since not all microwaves are the same

I then poured all the oil in the crock pot with the trim and turned it on the high setting on my crock pot for the first ten minutes to get it warmed up but that's it and then turned it on low for the remained of the proses and that's it now all I have to do is wait for 3 hours for it to cook and let it cool and strain it with some cheese cloth

mine is still cooking I will strain it later and post pics when its done I will be using mine to make edibles but I also plan to set some of it aside to make some cannabis coconut oil pills once I get some empty capsules

lets sum it all up

I use 62 grams of trim I decarboxylated on lowest setting for 30 minutes in a turkey bag in the oven

I used a 14 oz. jar of refined coconut oil for all 62 grams of trim you can use less if you are using bud instead of trim

add decarboxylated trim and refined coconut oil to crock pot for 3 hours on low let cool after cooking and strain

00075.JPG
0042824.JPG
0062353.JPG
0072194.JPG
0081979.JPG
0091778.JPG
0101615.JPG
0111417.JPG
0121261.JPG
0131145.JPG
0141028.JPG

Back