Deep Water Culture Growing Q & A

Re: Stealth Hydroponics Deep Water Culture Growing Q & A

Hi!
I read about growing in hydro is faster than soil, in my fisrt hydro grow I found out that veg is faster than soil, the same for flower? The strain I'm growing usually takes 8 weeks to harvest in soil, maybe can I harvest in 7 weeks in hydro? even less? :cool:

thanks!

Harvest when the plant is ready. 7, 8, 9wks, whatever it takes to get the best quality out of the plant. Why sacrifice the best bud that it can be and all that hard work by chopping early. I don't think you should put a time limit on it unless you really have to for some reason. ;)

Hi!
I read about growing in hydro is faster than soil, in my fisrt hydro grow I found out that veg is faster than soil, the same for flower? The strain I'm growing usually takes 8 weeks to harvest in soil, maybe can I harvest in 7 weeks in hydro? even less? :cool:

thanks!

There is no doubt in anyone's mind that HYDRO is faster than Soil, for sure.
But you never want to harvest by counting the number of weeks it was growing. I normally Flower 8 to 9 weeks, it varies. VEG cycle is so much faster in Hydro.

Any place that sells irrigation supplies for yards like home depot or lowes. You have to look it isn't in the garden section but they have them.

You want to ask where they carry drip systems. They are called irrigation hubs but sales people don't always know. Tell them you need tubing and a drip system for your yard and what aisle are those supplies in. In my hd it is in the middle of the store but that doesn't help you lol.

Hey guys i was just curious as to where i can pick up some irrigation hubs?? Wally world, a fish store or would i have to special order some??

DiG Six Outlet Irrigation Manifold
Price:$10.99 to $12.99 Lowes has:

The brand name is MISTER LANDSCAPER. It is in the DRIP IRRIGATION section (even says "drip irrigation" on the package), the technical name for it is PVC SPRINKLER ADAPTER (that is on the package too), the item# is 191779, and the model# is MLA-RA9, My local Lowes had about 9-10 of them in stock in bins, not boxes.

Rain Bird Landscape Dripline System 2.0 GPH Manifold #MANIF2-1PK
Available at Bizrate.com, Amazon.com, and Home Depot for $4.99 to $5.99

which would you prefer?? I found the rainbird manifold, you actually cut the water ports open that your going to use on that one... its $2.44 at menards its the 2gph
Ill go tomorrow to check on the Mister Landscaper.
I have a side question for u roseman, i am going with your Deep Water Culture set up pretty much to the t. And i plan on setting up two 10 gallon tubs with 6 plants per tub. #1 is a 130 gph water pump enough with the two bubble wands with it?? And #2 Will a 600 watt hps take me to the final results im looking for with 12 indica plants??? Id like to keep them somewhat short because my ceiling is only about 5 1/2' tall (its a cellar) And im also starting from clones.

Sounds like a SOG or SCROG is in order. The 600 will perform nicely but you'll need to vent the heat and keep it approx 2' from the canopy. (distance from the canopy will be determined by how hot it is and the footprint of your SOG)

The SOG method is what im doing i guess. Iv got a veg room with a 8 light t5 with two mothers one mystery mommy and a clone i recieved called cough?? Iv got my bubble cloner rooting 20 clones now. My light is vented and iv got a few fans going. The temps stay around 75-80 with a RH of 45-50%.
Im finishing up my first grow now...couple weeks to go. And im starting my second grow the right way from the git go so they start out on the right foot this time...last time i made plenty of mistakes that wont be made this time around ;)

Back
Top Bottom