Deep Water Culture Growing Q & A

Re: Stealth Hydroponics Deep Water Culture Growing Q & A

Hey guys! I've got a delima here...I have started some plants in soil, is it a good idea to finish them in soil or can I transplant into a bubble system?

You can but you need to get them clean. When Roseman sees this he should be able to give you a good method. I'd try to wash the roots off and give them an H2O bath.

Let's see what Rose says, I've never tried it.

I already started my grow and my plants are taking off really good.

I notice on other bubble grows the makeshift paper lids that cover the plant base.

What are the discs for that cover the plant bases. Are the to reflect light from the roots or to reflect back to the plant?

I included a pic from Diesels Outstanding grow to show what I mean. However, I do see that alot of you excellent people do this too.

Are they necessary?

The covers are to keep the light out of the res. Light can penetrate through the hydroton into the res and cause algae growth. ;)

Green007 and Roseman!!! Thank you, Covers are added. I will be posting my updated pics on my Deep Water Culture grow journal tomorrow. Thanks!!!

Green007 and Roseman!!! Thank you, Covers are added. I will be posting my updated pics on my Deep Water Culture grow journal tomorrow. Thanks!!!

you really ought to review the first few pages there...surely would help you. Has pics of how to make the covers too.

hello RM i have a hermie in my grow box should i pull it or keep it?

The covers are to keep the light out of the res. Light can penetrate through the hydroton into the res and cause algae growth. ;)

Another think I have noticed is people get buckets that have transparent lids. So really the covers dont do anything if your lid leaks UV's. I hold any covers up to the light I want sealed and if I can see light through it then I either paint it or cover it in reflective tape. I also don't think a sheet of paper is going to keep the UV's out either. I use cardboard for my covers.

I had algae problems when I first started out with Deep Water Culture and it drove me nuts. Now I do everything in my power to keep the light out and the difference is VERY noticeable both in plant and root development.

hello RM i have a hermie in my grow box should i pull it or keep it?

Most times, I 'd pull it and pull it fast. Depends on the lenght of time in Flowering. If I only had a week or two weeks to go, I 'd leave it and cut the male flowers off.
If I wanted to risk having seeds, I'd leave it.
Personally, I detest male flowers and hermies.

I've missed see you around man. How is the grow? Got a link?

i pulled the he she iv been bessy have 5 kids in soccer not much time to myself lol.

Another think I have noticed is people get buckets that have transparent lids. So really the covers dont do anything if your lid leaks UV's. I hold any covers up to the light I want sealed and if I can see light through it then I either paint it or cover it in reflective tape. I also don't think a sheet of paper is going to keep the UV's out either. I use cardboard for my covers.

I had algae problems when I first started out with Deep Water Culture and it drove me nuts. Now I do everything in my power to keep the light out and the difference is VERY noticeable both in plant and root development.

Absolutely Correct Sir! +reps

Most times, I 'd pull it and pull it fast. Depends on the lenght of time in Flowering. If I only had a week or two weeks to go, I 'd leave it and cut the male flowers off.
If I wanted to risk having seeds, I'd leave it.
Personally, I detest male flowers and hermies.

I've missed see you around man. How is the grow? Got a link?

:adore: Roseman

I am interested in setting up grow in my closet at my condo. But I live in a busy city area with high rate for kkilowatt of electricity in the range of 9.8 to 11.25 per klw. I know that for the veg period I need 24/7 light and im guessing that my light bill will go up the roof? Should i consider a portable generator?

Oh and my total watt of light usage would be around 600-700 watts.

Back
Top Bottom