Deep Water Culture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green Utopia

Hi guys-

First let me say that I have no problem with Deep Water Culture. I think its great you guys help each other so much. This post is directed towards whoever has a say in site nav to the Deep Water Culture area.

The threads are all isolated. Is there a reason all the Deep Water Culture Journals can't be moved into Journals in Progress like everyone else?

I guess I understand why the main thread is in Hydro instead of journals (although I think it should be in with the journals as well) - but all the journals should be with all the other journals.

420 Magazine > The Grow Room > Hydroponics > Deep Water Culture > Journal X

now the path to ALL the other journals:

420 Magazine > The Grow Room > Journals in Progress > Journal X

I try to read most of the journals on the front page of Journals in Progress every day. I have been happily reading along every day thinking that Journals in Progress meant ALL journals in progress.

I am not trying to pick a fight or anything. I'm just trying to get in on the action. I have missed countless good threads, and perhaps more importantly - some financial savings because the info was secluded in the Deep Water Culture area.

I was ready to spend some $ last weekend on aero, but I missed out on the discounts because they were hidden for Deep Water Culture only. That's crappy.

Is the Deep Water Culture area sponsored by Stealth Hydro? Are we going to start seeing every grow system in its own area? Is there a CAP, or Gen Hydro, or Botanicare area I don't know about?

:peace:

Hey G.U. - we are doing our best to keep everyone happy... but you have hit upon some ideas we are considering. We hope to take down some of the lines dividing us while keeping everyone enthusiastic about contributing to our mission.

It's a long, slow process... and that saying about herding cats does come to mind... ;)

Hey Papa - we are doing our best to keep everyone happy... but you have hit upon some ideas we are considering. We hope to take down some of the lines dividing us while keeping everyone enthusiastic about contributing to our mission.

It's a long, slow process... and that saying about herding cats does come to mind... ;)

I can imagine. Thanks for the consideration.

:rollit:

Hey Papa - we are doing our best to keep everyone happy... but you have hit upon some ideas we are considering. We hope to take down some of the lines dividing us while keeping everyone enthusiastic about contributing to our mission.

The both of you said it perfectly. I couldn't have put it better.

Hi guys-

First let me say that I have no problem with Deep Water Culture. I think its great you guys help each other so much. This post is directed towards whoever has a say in site nav to the Deep Water Culture area.

The threads are all isolated. Is there a reason all the Deep Water Culture Journals can't be moved into Journals in Progress like everyone else?

I guess I understand why the main thread is in Hydro instead of journals (although I think it should be in with the journals as well) - but all the journals should be with all the other journals.

420 Magazine > The Grow Room > Hydroponics > Deep Water Culture > Journal X

now the path to ALL the other journals:

420 Magazine > The Grow Room > Journals in Progress > Journal X

I try to read most of the journals on the front page of Journals in Progress every day. I have been happily reading along every day thinking that Journals in Progress meant ALL journals in progress.

I am not trying to pick a fight or anything. I'm just trying to get in on the action. I have missed countless good threads, and perhaps more importantly - some financial savings because the info was secluded in the Deep Water Culture area.

I was ready to spend some $ last weekend on aero, but I missed out on the discounts because they were hidden for Deep Water Culture only. That's crappy.

Is the Deep Water Culture area sponsored by Stealth Hydro? Are we going to start seeing every grow system in its own area? Is there a CAP, or Gen Hydro, or Botanicare area I don't know about?

You didn't really miss the discount. There has been for over a year at SH, a Deep Water Culture Discount, a discount for Deep Water Culture. It is a special discount I arranged before we migrated to 420. The owner at SH told me to tell the BHs and I did then and I do now. BHs are told a password to get the Discount. The owner and I are good friends. He gives me gift certificates to do technical writings and newsletters for them.
SH wrote an emailed newsletter that goes out to whomever subscribes to it, that they would offer an additional 15% Discount for Memorial Day weekend only. Martin (the owner at SH) told me I could post it to the Deep Water Culture, so I posted it in the BH thread.

the bigger issue is that there shouldnt ba a club...or there should be all clubs........we can each join a seperate club....sep club logos...club competitions...grow offs....the list goes on.
I still cannot fathom that there is only 1 subforum in hydro....Deep Water Culture.......ive brought this up before but it never came to fruition....it needs to be rectified....
I would have suggested this even if the only subforum was Ebb systems...that isnt right either....do all or do none of them

the bigger issue is that there shoildnt ba a club...or there should be all clubs........we can each join a seperate club....sep club logos...club competitions...grow offs....the list goes on.

You're right Pit - we've been debating this in back, and while I initially was a strong proponent of allowing clubs for any style of growing or especially a sponsor's product... there were some very good counter arguments made, and I agree that we should try and be one big happy 420 family, without division.

I wrote an advisement to the effect that while we do not have an official policy on clubs yet, we'd very much appreciate members not segregating themselves.

The Deep Water Culture are a special case though, as they came here en masse as a club... so, right now, it's pretty much up to each individual. However, there is a lot of sense in keeping all the grow journals in the same place, so we'll most likely start there and see how it works.

The goal here is too keep the karma positive, and promote our message of cannabis awareness. If something causes drama, whether the drama is "justified" or not, it has to change as we cannot allow ourselves to be diverted when there are so many forces at work against our movement to make our favorite plant legal for those who need it.

the bigger issue is that there shoildnt ba a club...or there should be all clubs

You know, I'd say there is a problem with clubs if said club went around dissing those who are not members, but that's simply not the case. I've never seen a Deep Water Culture be anything but very polite with any other member. I know when I see someone new I try to say hi to them and if they have a question I do my best to answer and this is the case with all the Deep Water Culture I know, no exceptions.

No, the only problems come from those who do not belong. The only reason there is a division is because non-members want there to be. Hell, a person could make this fun, Deep Water Culture against Dirtbags say as to who can grow the most of a particular strain in a given period or whatever. This doesn't have to be a negative, unless people want it to be. I've never seen a Deep Water Culture refuse to speak to another member.

There have been a couple of guys talking about starting a cfl club, I like some of the names they are bandying about, Loose Screws for one, though one objected because he doesn't like a loose screw, I agree! But it was pretty cool when I showed them what I grew last time with cfl's. We had some good posts between us. But I don't think they have the inertia to keep things going and get organized.

No, people will always find their way into a group of their own even if there is no name for that group. You can't stop it, it's human nature. I see many people here sticking with one group of friends just because they know them. That's what I do in the real world, I go to places where my friends are, I like to hang with people I know. And from what I've seen all of the Deep Water Culture go out of their way to make people feel welcome so I like to go where they are, they've made me feel welcome. I don't go to a bar when I don't know anyone there, I don't go to a grow site when I don't know anyone there. I go to the Deep Water Culture threads because I know everyone there and they are all my good friends, even if we just met yesterday.

You're right Pit - we've been debating this in back, and while I initially was a strong proponent of allowing clubs for any style of growing or especially a sponsor's product... there were some very good counter arguments made, and I agree that we should try and be one big happy 420 family, without division.

I wrote an advisement to the effect that while we do not have an official policy on clubs yet, we'd very much appreciate members not segregating themselves.

The Deep Water Culture are a special case though, as they came here en masse as a club... so, right now, it's pretty much up to each individual. However, there is a lot of sense in keeping all the grow journals in the same place, so we'll most likely start there and see how it works.

The goal here is too keep the karma positive, and promote our message of cannabis awareness. If something causes drama, whether the drama is "justified" or not, it has to change as we cannot allow ourselves to be diverted when there are so many forces at work against our movement to make our favorite plant legal for those who need it.

You can't change human nature.

No, the only problems come from those who do not belong. The only reason there is a division is because non-members want there to be. Hell, a person could make this fun, Deep Water Culture against Dirtbags say as to who can grow the most of a particular strain in a given period or whatever. This doesn't have to be a negative, unless people want it to be. I've never seen a Deep Water Culture refuse to speak to another member.

Fry - by your logic, there will always be problems unless we are all Deep Water Culture, or none of us are.

Human nature being what it is - "they" cause problems... not "us".

they came en masse which is wonderful. segregating them creates issues....
Yes we need to keep the karma rolling...but lets be adults and say what needs to be said, I wont continue on this thread...dont want to mess with everyone's positive energy

they came en masse which is wonderful. segregating them creates issues....
Yes we need to keep the karma rolling...but lets be adults and say what needs to be said, I wont continue on this thread...dont want to mess with everyone's positive energy

Yes, we want to end the segregation.

How to do so is the problem. Most of us don't like being told what to do, or have an authority act without our consent.

So, we hope to take it slow, but end up with just one big 420 family. I don't know how to do that without just asking for everyone's help.

Fry - by your logic, there will always be problems unless we are all Deep Water Culture, or none of us are.

Human nature being what it is - "they" cause problems... not "us".

No, that's not my point and I don't agree. People hang where they are comfortable. I'm comfortable hanging with my friends, I'm not going to go someplace where I don't know anyone. If I didn't know anyone here I would not have come here. And if my friends leave I will not come here any longer.

Yes, I do believe places like the bar in Cheers do exist simply because people like being where they are liked and appreciated.

I'm beginning to feel that's not the case here any more.

No, that's not my point and I don't agree. People hang where they are comfortable. I'm comfortable hanging with my friends, I'm not going to go someplace where I don't know anyone. If I didn't know anyone here I would not have come here. And if my friends leave I will not come here any longer.

Yes, I do believe places like the bar in Cheers do exist simply because people like being where they are liked and appreciated.

I'm beginning to feel that's not the case here any more.

Fry,

We are simply trying to keep the peace. No one has said or proposed anything that would prevent you from hanging with your friends. Where you go and what you do is completely up to you as long as you follow site rules as we all have agreed to do by joining here.

Do people that hang in Cheers all wear something to divide themselves from the rest of the public? No, they don't need to - they know where their friends are. We are simply trying to erase the lines dividing us. If we keep up the "us" vs. "them" mentality, as in "all Deep Water Culture are good" and "everyone else causes trouble", then we really won't make much progress towards supporting each other as one family.

Fry,

We are simply trying to keep the peace. No one has said or proposed anything that would prevent you from hanging with your friends. Where you go and what you do is completely up to you as long as you follow site rules as we all have agreed to do by joining here.

Do people that hang in Cheers all wear something to divide themselves from the rest of the public? No, they don't need to - they know where their friends are. We are simply trying to erase the lines dividing us. If we keep up the "us" vs. "them" mentality, as in "all Deep Water Culture are good" and "everyone else causes trouble", then we really won't make much progress towards supporting each other as one family.

Well, it's obvious the side of the discussion you are on. I don't really have anything more to add, do what you will.

Everyone please take a bong rip and relax before posting in this thread.

We have not made any decisions in the back, however have definitely spent well over a thousand hours discussing it amongst several dozen people and over a dozen staff.

Ultimately, any decision we make will be something that we all agree on, resulting in total community peace, love and understanding.

One thing for sure, we don't have the man power to be dealing with fallout from this any longer, so we must come up with a solution soon.

I love EVERYONE ion this community and want EVERYONE to stay, that is my goal.

If you are heated, please do not post until you are calm.

This thread can be developed with intelligence and logic, no hostility please.

Let's put on our serious thinking caps and figure this out to benefit everyone.

Thanks and hope everyone is having a great day. :)

Sending everyone lots of love, respect and positive energy through the universe.

I came to this site because I wanted help growing with a Deep Water Culture system. So naturally first things I did was read everything I could find about Deep Water Culture and read as many grow journals as I could where others we're using that specific system. That is what a forum is for, to find the information specific to what you want to do. My task was easily accomplished because to my surprise, Deep Water Culture was a sub forum of hydroponics. I could not have asked for anything better or easier. Sure, I could have found the information without the sub forum, but it would have been harder and taken longer. I'm the lucky one in this situation.

After getting my feet wet (no pun intended :) ), I started to explore other areas of this site. I found lots of other useful information. I subscribed to other grow journals that were not Deep Water Culture grows because I liked the people that were growing and was impressed by there success too. I've become friends with many of those people who are not Deep Water Culture and have learned alot about growing from them. It was not hard to explore and expand my horizons. Just like it is not hard for any other grower to go to the Deep Water Culture sub forum and explore it.

I know you can never please all the people all the time, but when there is a large enough group of people doing exactly the same thing, what is the harm in creating a sub forum for that thing. It is still public and available to everyone, yet makes finding and viewing that specific information much easier and efficient. If there was a large group of people who used ebb and flow and wanted to have a sub forum for that specific information, well then fine, why not. Or any other growing method, it's all the same thing - make finding the information you want quick and easy. Some of the Deep Water Culture growers have gone to great extent and spent many hours to produce tutorial specific information about Deep Water Culture, why not keep that information easily and readily available to those who want it. And I would expect 420 to do the same for any other large group who put that kind of time and effort in as well.

Now if having all the grow journals in 1 place makes life better for everyone then so be it. People are only going to pick and choose what they want to read anyway, no matter where it is. But I see no reason to eliminate the Deep Water Culture sub forum.

I became a Deep Water Culture officially because I made a pledge to learn everything I could about Deep Water Culture, be friendly and courteous to all growers, and to pass on what I have learned (and am still learning) to anyone else who wants to grow in Deep Water Culture. I have the utmost respect for all growers no matter what the medium, and strive to help anyone I can, whether they are a Deep Water Culture or not. Isn't that what 420 magazine is all about.

This site has been a blessing for me. I have deep gratitude to 420 and all it's staff and members. I just sent a donation in to express that gratitude, you all should too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom