Dinger’s Hydro Chemdawg Grow Journal 2019

Day 38: The girl is getting bigger, running into some issues with yellowing leaves. I have a thread open on this link Dark spots on seedling leaf. Still waiting on a few nodes to top her. Thanks for stopping by!

Here is a pic.

Day 38.jpg

Did the flip on 8/1. Upped the nutes to 1/4 strength of what bottles said.

Just got the carbon filter and fan set up. Pulling negative pressure in the tent. Opened the low mesh vent to bring in fresh air. I know I got to bring humidity down to prevent mildew.

Pic is of my tent stats for today.
Screenshot_20190803-213903__01.jpg
Dont worry about dropping humidty untill the stretch is over mate. You just put her into full tilt grow mode so the higher rh will keep your vpd more optimal to let her explode. Once buds start filling out then get the rh down. :)

I myself can't help you there, I use cal/mag in hydro when using RO water but couldn't tell ya in coco / perlite. I'm sure some one else will chime in.

The coco I grow in requires cal mag, I will get deficiencies if i don't use it however if you have been succesfull this far perhaps you have a better quality coco, small quantities of calc/mag in your current nutes or something along those lines. Anyway, Ive had great success with growtek cal max its cheap and is a 2-0-0 so has nitrogen which is great for seedling and veg (not sponsored). You could get away with growing beautiful plants using 2 nutrients one of them being calmag and the other being a flower nute if you wanted too (this is actually what I do but occasionally add extras).

On an interesting side note I heard (via reliable youtube) that many of higher quality coco brands source their coco from coconut trees tolerant to freshwater as the coco has less salts than traditional coco.

Yeah silica and calmag are very useful for growing in coco!

I'm actually using the same medium as you same brand and all.

With coco you want to water as frequently as possible with 1/4 strong nutes till you see yellowing out on the bottom leaves then up the nute str.

You want to use calmag every watering cycle even during the flush

Check out my grow log man you can probably learn from my mistakes!! I'm on day #53 from seed but mine are autoflowers.

I just flipped into flower and I'm using Flora Series (Micro, Grow, Bloom). Someone said I should be using Cal mag and silica also. I guess I thought the florA series had everything I need from start to finish. Should I have been supplementing with these two other ingredients?
Only need calmag if you need it mate. Some do some don't. Depends on the nutes and water source. I don't need any untill bloom. Even at that I actually use it to treat iron Def so I don't actually know if I ever need it for cal or mag.
It's handy for keeping pH in check though. Buffers it down a bit

Scillica is a must for me though. The most beneficial extra you can give a plant imo. Got loads of benefits and a £10 bottle makes 3000 litres so it's a no brainer for me. Makes em go daft punk mate. Harder better faster stronger!!!

Only need calmag if you need it mate. Some do some don't. Depends on the nutes and water source. I don't need any untill bloom. Even at that I actually use it to treat iron Def so I don't actually know if I ever need it for cal or mag.
It's handy for keeping pH in check though. Buffers it down a bit

Scillica is a must for me though. The most beneficial extra you can give a plant imo. Got loads of benefits and a £10 bottle makes 3000 litres so it's a no brainer for me. Makes em go daft punk mate. Harder better faster stronger!!!
Can you shoot me a link on the kind of scillica you use? I'm definitely going to read up on it

On another link I posted this picture and was told indeed it is a girl, my buddy said he thought it was a male.

IMG_20190816_094157.jpg

So its been 19 days since the flip, feeding her 1/4 nutes based on the GH Flora series. I have also added 1/2 teaspoon of cal-mag to the mix.

IMG_20190819_225215_01.jpg

I still have the LED light hanging high up and not too sure on lowering it or not. Its growing but maybe faster if it had more light.

Back
Top Bottom