420's Sherlock Holmes' FFOF Soil, Bakerstreet C.R.E.A.M. Cheese Autoflower, Grow Journal 2019

Looking good, as usual SQL, you are just curing right along. I'm almost envious of the way you plan ahead. Been a procrastinator my whole life. Waiting till the last moment to learn something or do something. That's why nearly everything I've done in my life has been average. Grow Brother Grow.

September 05 2019 - Update

IMG_20190905_222529.jpg

Bakerstreet #1 - Hanna Hemp - Looks healthy so far - buds are exposed to light and air - heavy pruning.

IMG_20190905_222557.jpg

Bakerstreet #2 - Henna Hemp - Looks healthy so far - buds are exposed to light and air - heavy pruning

IMG_20190903_111708.jpg

C.R.E.A.M. #1 - Cowgirl Hemp - Looks healthy so far - Intermediate Drying - Jars Drying.

IMG_20190903_111752.jpg

Cheese #1 - Gouda Hemp - Looks healthy so far- Intermediate Drying - Jars Drying.

Ontario Electricity Rates
  • On-Peak. 13.2¢ per kWh. Weekdays: 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
  • Mid-Peak. 9.4¢ per kWh. Weekdays: 7 a.m. – 11 a.m. | 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
  • Off-Peak. 6.5¢ per kWh. Weekdays: 7 p.m. – 7 a.m.

Environment #1 - Autoflower Veg/Flower:

*** The goal is to dial-in VPD for the "Healthy Transpiration: Late Veg/Early Flower" range.

I am tracking the RH, canopy temperature and VPD with the Inkbird IBS-TH1 sensor.

I placed the sensor at canopy level in the middle of the plants and in the middle of the tent.

Environment # 1 is mutually exclusive from Environment # 2.

The humidifier is turned off.

The dehumidifier is turned off.

Two X6 lights are running 1 cycle of "18 hours lights-on and 6 hours lights-off".

The two X6 lights are turned off from 11:00 to 17:00 ... On-Peak ... 13.4 ¢/kWh.

One X6 light is 30 cm (12") above the canopy centered over the vegging/flowering plants.

One X6 light is 38 cm (15") above the canopy centered over the seedling plants.

An X6 light pulls 300 W from that wall and gives off 2°C (4°F) of heat.

CO2 is refreshed frequently because the exhaust fan and the oscillating fan are always on.

*** The room temperature is running around 21°C (70°F) and RH 50% - daytime 15:00.
*** The room VPD is running about 0.96 - Healthy Transpiration: Late Veg/Early Flower - daytime 15:00.

*** The environment humidity is running steady around RH 45.0% with lights-on.
*** The environment temperature is running steady around 27°C (81°F) with lights-on.

*** The environment humidity is running steady around RH 60.0% with lights-off.
*** The environment temperature is running steady around 27°C (81°F) with lights-off and heater-on.

*** VPD is running steady about 1.57- High Transpiration: Mid/Late Flower - lights-on.
*** VPD is running steady about 1.03 - Healthy Transpiration: Late Veg/Early Flower - lights-off.

*** I wired up the Inkbird ITC-308 Temperature Controller with the following settings:

****** Ts: 27°C (81°F)
****** Cd: 1°C (2°F)
****** Hd: 1°C (2°F)

****** The exhaust fan is plugged into the Cooling socket.
****** The space heater is plugged into the Heating socket.

****** When the temperature rises above 28°C (83°F) , the exhaust fan turns on.
****** When the temperature drops below 26°C (79°F) , the space heater turns on.

*** This played out quite well and I was able to dial-in the VPD again today.

*** On hot days, with two X6 lights on, the VPD enters the Danger Zone (Over/Under Transpiration).

*** The real question is, ... do I really benefit from running a space heater during lights-out?
*** In nature, the temperature drops and the RH goes up at night.
*** In nature, the plant transpires less at night.

*** In the tent, without the space heater, the temperature drops to 20°C (68°F) and the RH rises to 70%.
*** In the tent, without the space heater, the VPD goes to 0.42 - Low Transpiration (Propagation/Early Veg Growth).
*** In the tent, without the space heater, the VPD is near the Danger Zone (Over/Under Transpiration).

*** I am thinking this tent will be okay as a veg tent with just two X6 lights and the exhaust fan running 24-0.
*** Let's see how this scenario plays out over the next few days.

*** The VPD Values I am Using For This Grow (Version 1)

Environment #2 - Photoperiod Flower:

*** The goal is to dial-in VPD for the "High Transpiration: Mid/Late Flower" range.

I am tracking the RH, canopy temperature and VPD with the Inkbird IBS-TH1 sensor.

I placed the sensor at canopy level in the middle of the plants and in the middle of the tent.

Environment # 2 is mutually exclusive from Environment # 1.

The exhaust fan is running 24-0 to prevent a rise in temperature, RH and to prevent smells in the house.

Environment # 2 does not have a humidifier.

Environment # 2 does not have a dehumidifier.

The Mars Hydro TSL 2000W light is running 1 cycle of uninterrupted "6 hours lights-on and 18 hours lights-off".
The Mars Hydro TSL 2000W light is turned-on from 19:00 to 01:00 ... Off-Peak. 6.5¢ per kWh.

The Mars Hydro TSL 2000W light is 30 cm (12") above the canopy centered over all plants.

The Mars Hydro TSL 2000W light does not give off a lot of heat.

CO2 is refreshed frequently because the exhaust fan and the oscillating fan are always on.

*** The room temperature is running around 21°C (70°F) and RH 50% - daytime 15:00.
*** The room VPD is running about 0.96 - Healthy Transpiration: Late Veg/Early Flower - daytime 15:00.

*** The environment humidity is running steady around RH 62.5% with lights-on.
*** The environment temperature is running steady around 23°C (74°F) with lights-on.

*** The environment humidity is running steady around RH 75.0% with lights-off.
*** The environment temperature is running steady around 19°C (66°F) with lights-off.

*** VPD is running steady about 0.73 - Low Transpiration (Propagation/Early Veg Growth) - lights-on.
*** VPD is running steady about 0.29 - Danger Zone (Over/Under Transpiration) - lights-off.

*** Ideally for flowering we want:
  • Humidity levels need to be lowered to 40-50% (extremely important)
  • You can get away with 55% (anything over 60% is real bad)
  • It’s best to slightly lower temperatures in flowering
  • Temperatures with lights on: 20°C (68°F) to 26°C (79°F) ... (avoid high temperatures).

*** Two days with the Inkbird IBS-TH1 sensor and I know this tent needs serious help!!!

*** The humidity needs to be decreased to at least RH 55%.
*** The temperature is in range.

*** I am going to bring the Inkbird ITC-308 Temperature Controller and the space heater into this tent to see if I can get things under control for the lowering plants.

Growth Stage:

2 Bakerstreets: Day 3/ Week 15 ... Day 101 ... Day 30/Week 5 flower.

*** The Bakerstreets are in week 5 of the flowering stage, they have stopped growing altogether and are now spending all their energy on growing buds.

*** They got their pistels on August 05, 2019.
*** Most credible seed banks present "weeks to flower" as weeks from first getting pistels.
*** They should be ready to harvest between September 30, 2019 and October 07, 2019.

*** Photoperiod Stages: 5 days Germination, 1 week seedling, 2-8 weeks veg, 6-12 weeks flower, 4-12 weeks cure
*** Allow 1 day to 3 days of dark before switching to 12-12
*** Pistels show up about 14 days (2 weeks) after switching to 12-12

1 C.R.E.A.M.: Day 3 Week 14 ... Day 94 ... harvest.
1 Cheese: Day 3/ Week 14 ... Day 94 ... harvest.

*** They got their pistels on July 09, 2019 ... Day 37.
*** They were harvested August 28, 2019 ... Flush, Full-On Bloom Nutes, Stem Split, Three Days Dark (skipped), Harvest!
*** Harvest: Cut, Wet Trim, Wash, Initial Dry, Intermediate Dry, Fine-Tune Dry

*** Autoflower Stages: 5 days Germination, 1 week seedling, 3 weeks veg, 3 weeks pre-flower, 3-6 weeks flower, 4-12 weeks cure
*** Pistels show up about 35 days (5 weeks) after Germination
*** Flowering takes about 42 days to 56 days (6 weeks to 8 weeks) after pistels show up

Watering and Feeding:

Bakerstreets' Regular Flush:

pH: 6.3
ppm: 411

120 litres tap water.

Bakerstreets' Regular Feed:

pH: 6.73
ppm: 1403

6 litres (1.6 gallons) - Full Dose - Week 09 - CGRSFS, BPSS, CS, BTTE

*** Next regular feed ... 6 litres (1.6 gallons) - Full Dose - Week 10 - CGRSFS, BPSS, CS, BTTE - September 08, 2019.
*** Expecting about 1% of run-off. Stop watering right at run-off.

*** I will do a regular feed(CGRSFS, RME)/feed(CGRSFS, BPSS, CS, BTTE)/water cycle for all regular weeks.
*** I will do full-on bloom feeds(CGRSFS, BPSS, CS, BTTE) for the last two weeks prior to harvest.

Activities:

My priority is to expose the growth nodes to light and air because they are going to become colas.

Harvesting:

*** This is what I did ... I read it as a recipe tutorial.

*** Harvest Phase: Goal is to cut down plant to begin drying.

Cut individual stems off the plant.

Use fingers to clip off any small "larf" buds ... if you want to see what they are like.
Hold the stem upside down and perform a "Wet Trim" by removing large fan leaves and any old sugar leaves without trichomes.
Do not remove fresh sugar leaves, since they are the buffer to protect the flowers.

C.R.E.A.M. #1 - Cowgirl Hemp - 460.4 grams (16.24 ounces) - dry weight stems on.
Cheese #1 - Gouda Hemp - 628.7 grams (22.18 ounces) - dry weight stems on.

*** Wash Phase - Goal is to clean and sterilize buds.

Wash Option1 - Sterilize buds very gently for 5 seconds to 30 seconds in 10:1 3% H2O2 and 20 litres (5 gallons) water at 25°C (78°F) . Used in commercial kitchens or if mold is present.
Rinse once very gently for 5 seconds in 20 litres (5 gallons) water at 15°C (60°F) .
Rinse once very gently for 5 seconds in 20 litres (5 gallons) water at 20°C (68°F) .
Spin the branch gently between your palms to throw off any excess water drops.

IMG_20190828_175012.jpg
The plants were not very dirty.

Wash Option 2 - using lemon juice and baking soda may have been debunked.

IMG_20190828_194335.jpg

I see how topping only one quadrant causes quite an imbalance in symmetry.
Topping like this is useful if you want an oval shape to your plant.
I used a fork during Stem-Splitting because it was convenient.

*** Initial Drying Phase - Stems-On: Goal is to begin drip drying after washing.

IMG_20190828_211305.jpg

Hang, in tent with stems-on, to drip dry in mesh drying rack for about 24 hours using a small fan to gently circulate air.
Tent temperature is 23°C (73°F) and RH 52.5% which is near ideal ... 20°C (68°F) and RH 50%.
The fan can blow across the buds as long as the buds do not move.
This takes around 24 hours.

*** Initial Drying Phase - Stems-Off: Goal is to get to the state where the outside of the buds are dry.

0_buds-on-drying-rack.jpg

Remove buds from stems.
Hang, in tent with stems-off, to dry in mesh drying rack for about 24 hours using a small fan to gently circulate air.
Tent temperature is 23°C (73°F) and RH 52.5% which is near ideal ... 20°C (68°F) and RH 50%.

*** Intermediate Drying Phase: Goal is to slowly get jar (bag) RH to between 64% and 72%.

Put buds into jars (paper bags) at room temp 20°C (68°F) to 25°C (76°F) and room RH below 60%.
Place a humidity sensor in jar (paper bag) and seal.
Place in dark.
The jar (bag) RH will rise as moisture moves from the buds to the surrounding air (buds are drying).

Every 12 hours:
  • Roll or gently shake jars (paper bags) [This increases surface area and prevents sticking together.]
  • If jar (bag) RH is NOT between 64% and 72% then:
  • ... Take lids off of jars.
  • ... Wait one hour.
  • ... Place lids back on jars.
If jar (bag) RH is between 64% and 72% then we can begin the Fine-Tune Drying Phase.

*** Today:

*** At 21:00 ... the jar's mini hygrometer was reading RH 87% and 21°C (69°F).
*** This means the buds are still pretty damp and they need to dry a lot more.
*** Set, in tent with stems-off, to dry in jars for about 2 hours using a small fan to gently circulate air.
*** Tent temperature is 21°C (70°F) and RH 62.5% which is near ideal ... 20°C (68°F) and RH 50%.

*** Always remember our ultimate goal for drying and curing:

The primary functions of drying and curing are potency and flavor. As the chemical components of the plant matter break down over time, it shifts the taste from an overly earthy and green flavor to flavors that are more palatable and that we can more readily associate with particular strains.this process is conducted by aerobic bacteria present in the plant at the time of harvest. The bacteria consume the chlorophyll in the cannabis making the taste and overall experience less harsh. Just like your grow, your curing buds thrive in a micro-environment dependent on specific conditions in order to nurture the process.

*** The buds still smell a bit like hay or damp grass right now.

*** I am concerned that the light and high temperature in the tent, during the initial drying phase, has seriously degraded the quality of the cannabis.

*** In the future, it would be nice to dedicate an entire tent to Initial Drying.

*** In the future, it would be nice to have fridge space to do a proper Lotus Cure.

Notes:

The priority has to be to expose the growth nodes/buds to light & air, and to keep the canopy even and flat.

I flushed the Bakerstreets recently, so I won't do a final flush later.

I am realizing how important it is to ... have enough space in the tent for each plant ... and to train each plant in such a way that there is enough space between stems for the colas to bloom properly.

I have lost at least 33% of the yield to the ScrOG fiasco ... but hey, live and learn!

The colas at the ends of the C.R.E.A.M.'s & Cheese's quadline lines are much bigger than the side colas. However, the side colas produce a significant amount of bud when trained properly.

When harvesting cannabis, the smell is very strong ... especially after washing!!!

It is important for me to keep the newly harvested, strong smelling plants, contained inside a tent with exhaust fans running continuously ... or in sealed jars drying and curing.

*** I am looking forward to starting my LUX analysis soon.

Lessons Learned:

No lessons learned today because I need to do a lot of gardening.

ToDo:

Learn more about ... The Art of Curing Your Cannabis Crop.

Learn more about pests and nutrient deficiencies.

September 06 2019 - Update

IMG_20190906_231444.jpg

Bakerstreet #1 - Hanna Hemp - Looks healthy so far - buds are exposed to light and air - heavy pruning.

IMG_20190906_231249.jpg

Bakerstreet #2 - Henna Hemp - Looks healthy so far - buds are exposed to light and air - heavy pruning

IMG_20190903_111708.jpg

C.R.E.A.M. #1 - Cowgirl Hemp - Looks healthy so far - Intermediate Drying - Jars.

IMG_20190903_111752.jpg

Cheese #1 - Gouda Hemp - Looks healthy so far- Intermediate Drying - Jars.

Environment #1 - Autoflower Veg/Flower:

*** The goal is to dial-in VPD for the "Healthy Transpiration: Late Veg/Early Flower" range.

The sensor is at canopy level in the middle of the plants and in the middle of the tent.

Environment # 1 is mutually exclusive from Environment # 2.

The heater is turned off.

Two X6 lights are running 1 cycle of "18 hours lights-on and 6 hours lights-off".

The two X6 lights are turned off from 11:00 to 17:00 ... On-Peak ... 13.4 ¢/kWh.

One X6 light is 38 cm (15") above the canopy centered over the vegging/flowering plants.

One X6 light is turned off.

An X6 light pulls 300 W from that wall and gives off 2°C (4°F) of heat.

*** The room temperature is running around 21°C (70°F) and RH 52% - daytime 15:00.

*** The environment humidity is running steady around RH 45.0% with lights-on - before watering plants.
*** The environment humidity is running steady around RH 60.0% with lights-on - after watering plants.
*** The environment temperature is running steady around 27°C (81°F) with lights-on.

*** The environment humidity is running steady around RH 60.0% with lights-off - heater-on.
*** The environment temperature is running steady around 27°C (81°F) with lights-off - heater-on.

*** VPD is running steady about 1.57 - High Transpiration: Mid/Late Flower - lights-on - before watering plants.
*** VPD is running steady about 1.03 - Healthy Transpiration: Late Veg/Early Flower - lights-on - after watering plants.
*** VPD is running steady about 1.03 - Healthy Transpiration: Late Veg/Early Flower - lights-off - heater-on.

*** I wired up the Inkbird ITC-308 Temperature Controller with the following settings:

****** When the temperature drops below 26°C (79°F) , the space heater turns on.

*** On hot days, with two X6 lights on, the VPD enters the Danger Zone (Over/Under Transpiration).

*** The real question is, ... do I really benefit from running a space heater during lights-out?

*** In the tent, without the space heater, the temperature drops to 20°C (68°F) and the RH rises to 70%.
*** In the tent, without the space heater, the VPD goes to 0.42 - Low Transpiration (Propagation/Early Veg Growth).
*** In the tent, without the space heater, the VPD is near the Danger Zone (Over/Under Transpiration).

*** I am thinking this tent will be okay as a veg tent with just two X6 lights and the exhaust fan running 24-0.
*** I am going to try turning on the humidifier again with the RH set to 50%.
*** Let's see how this scenario plays out over the next few days.

Environment #2 - Photoperiod Flower:

*** The goal is to dial-in VPD for the "High Transpiration: Mid/Late Flower" range.

Environment # 2 is mutually exclusive from Environment # 1.

The exhaust fan is running 24-0 to prevent a rise in temperature, RH and to prevent smells in the house.

Environment # 2 does not have a humidifier.

Environment # 2 does not have a dehumidifier.

The Mars Hydro TSL 2000W light is running 1 cycle of uninterrupted "6 hours lights-on and 18 hours lights-off".
The Mars Hydro TSL 2000W light is turned-on from 19:00 to 01:00 ... Off-Peak. 6.5¢ per kWh.

The Mars Hydro TSL 2000W light is 30 cm (12") above the canopy centered over all plants.

The Mars Hydro TSL 2000W light does not give off a lot of heat.

*** The environment temperature is running steady around 23°C (74°F) with lights-on.

*** The environment humidity is running steady around RH 75.0% with lights-off.
*** The environment temperature is running steady around 19°C (66°F) with lights-off.

*** VPD is running steady about 0.73 - Low Transpiration (Propagation/Early Veg Growth) - lights-on.
*** VPD is running steady about 0.29 - Danger Zone (Over/Under Transpiration) - lights-off.

• Temperatures with lights on: 20°C (68°F) to 26°C (79°F) ... (avoid high temperatures).

*** A few days with the Inkbird IBS-TH1 sensor and I know this tent needs serious help!!!

*** I am going to bring the Inkbird ITC-308 Temperature Controller and the space heater into this tent.
*** The humidity needs to be decreased.
*** The temperature needs to be increased.

Growth Stage:

2 Bakerstreets: Day 4/ Week 15 ... Day 102 ... Day 31/Week 5 flower.

*** The Bakerstreets are in week 5 of the flowering stage, they have stopped growing altogether and are now spending all their energy on growing buds.

*** Most credible seed banks present "weeks to flower" as weeks from first getting pistels.
*** They should be ready to harvest between September 30, 2019 and October 07, 2019.

*** Photoperiod Stages: 5 days Germination, 1 week seedling, 2-8 weeks veg, 6-12 weeks flower, 4-12 weeks cure

1 C.R.E.A.M.: Day 4 Week 14 ... Day 95 ... harvest.
1 Cheese: Day 4/ Week 14 ... Day 95 ... harvest.

*** They were harvested August 28, 2019 ... Flush, Full-On Bloom Nutes, Stem Split, Three Days Dark (skipped), Harvest!

*** Autoflower Stages: 5 days Germination, 1 week seedling, 3 weeks veg, 3 weeks pre-flower, 3-6 weeks flower, 4-12 weeks cure
*** Flowering takes about 42 days to 56 days (6 weeks to 8 weeks) after pistels show up

Watering and Feeding:

*** Next regular feed ... 6 litres (1.6 gallons) - pH 6.3 water - September 08, 2019.

*** I will do a regular feed(CGRSFS, RME)/feed(CGRSFS, BPSS, CS, BTTE)/water cycle for all regular weeks.
*** I will do full-on bloom feeds(CGRSFS, BPSS, CS, BTTE) for the last two weeks prior to harvest.

Activities:

My priority is to expose the growth nodes to light and air because they are going to become colas.

Harvesting:

Use fingers to clip off any small "larf" buds ... if you want to see what they are like.
Hold the stem upside down and perform a "Wet Trim" by removing large fan leaves and any old sugar leaves without trichomes.
Do not remove fresh sugar leaves, since they are the buffer to protect the flowers.

C.R.E.A.M. #1 - Cowgirl Hemp - 460.4 grams (16.24 ounces) - dry weight stems on.

Wash Option1 - Sterilize buds very gently for 5 seconds to 30 seconds in 10:1 3% H2O2 and 20 litres (5 gallons) water at 25°C (78°F) . Used in commercial kitchens or if mold is present.
Rinse once very gently for 5 seconds in 20 litres (5 gallons) water at 15°C (60°F) .
Rinse once very gently for 5 seconds in 20 litres (5 gallons) water at 20°C (68°F) .

IMG_20190828_175012.jpg

IMG_20190828_194335.jpg

*** Initial Drying Phase - Stems-On: Goal is to begin drip drying after washing.

IMG_20190828_211305.jpg

Hang, in tent with stems-on, to drip dry in mesh drying rack for about 24 hours using a small fan to gently circulate air.

*** Initial Drying Phase - Stems-Off: Goal is to get to the state where the outside of the buds are dry.

Remove buds from stems.
Hang, in tent with stems-off, to dry in mesh drying rack for about 24 hours using a small fan to gently circulate air.

*** Intermediate Drying Phase: Goal is to slowly get jar (bag) RH to between 64% and 72%.

Put buds into jars (paper bags) at room temp 20°C (68°F) to 25°C (76°F) and room RH below 60%.
Place in dark.
The jar (bag) RH will rise as moisture moves from the buds to the surrounding air (buds are drying).

Every 12 hours:
  • Roll or gently shake jars (paper bags) [This increases surface area and prevents sticking together.]
  • ... Wait one hour.
If jar (bag) RH is between 64% and 72% then we can begin the Fine-Tune Drying Phase.

*** Today:

*** At 18:00 ... the jar's mini hygrometer was reading RH 85% and 22°C (72°F).

*** Set, in room with lids-off, to dry in jars for about 2 hours using a small fan to gently circulate air.
*** Room temperature is 21°C (70°F) and RH 52.5% which is near ideal ... 20°C (68°F) and RH 50%.

The primary functions of drying and curing are potency and flavor. As the chemical components of the plant matter break down over time, it shifts the taste from an overly earthy and green flavor to flavors that are more palatable and that we can more readily associate with particular strains.

This process is conducted by aerobic bacteria present in the plant at the time of harvest. The bacteria consume the chlorophyll in the cannabis making the taste and overall experience less harsh. Just like your grow, your curing buds thrive in a micro-environment dependent on specific conditions in order to nurture the process.

*** I am concerned that the light and high temperature in the tent, during the initial drying phase, has seriously degraded the quality of the cannabis.

*** In the future, it would be nice to dedicate an entire tent to Initial Drying.

*** In the future, it would be nice to have fridge space to do a proper Lotus Cure.

Notes:

The priority has to be to expose the growth nodes/buds to light & air, and to keep the canopy even and flat.

I flushed the Bakerstreets recently, so I won't do a final flush later.

I am realizing how important it is to ... have enough space in the tent for each plant ... and to train each plant in such a way that there is enough space between stems for the colas to bloom properly.

I have lost at least 33% of the yield to the ScrOG fiasco ... but hey, live and learn!

The colas at the ends of the C.R.E.A.M.'s & Cheese's quadline lines are much bigger than the side colas. However, the side colas produce a significant amount of bud when trained properly.

When harvesting cannabis, the smell is very strong ... especially after washing!!!

It is important for me to keep the newly harvested, strong smelling plants, contained inside a tent with exhaust fans running continuously ... or in sealed jars drying and curing.

Lessons Learned:

ToDo:

September 07 2019 - Update

IMG_20190908_011519.jpg

IMG_20190908_011534.jpg

IMG_20190903_111708.jpg

C.R.E.A.M. #1 - Cowgirl Hemp - Looks healthy so far - Intermediate Drying - Jars.

IMG_20190903_111752.jpg

Environment #1 - Vegging Tent:

The sensor is at canopy level in the middle of the plants and in the middle of the tent.

Environment #1 is mutually exclusive from Environment #2.

Environment #1 is now the 2'x2'x5' tent.

Environment #1 does not have a humidifier.

Environment #1 does not have a dehumidifier.

The Mars Hydro TSL 2000W light is running 1 cycle of uninterrupted "18 hours lights-on and 6 hours lights-off".
The Mars Hydro TSL 2000W light is are turned off from 11:00 to 17:00 ... On-Peak ... 13.4 ¢/kWh.

The Mars Hydro TSL 2000W light is 38 cm (15") above the canopy centered over all plants.

The Mars Hydro TSL 2000W light pulls 285 W from that wall and gives off about 4°C (8°F) of heat.

*** The environment humidity is running steady around RH 52.5% with lights-on.
*** The environment temperature is running steady around 25°C (77°F) with lights-on.

*** The environment humidity is running steady around RH 52.5% with lights-off.
*** The environment temperature is running steady around 20°C (68°F) with lights-off.

*** VPD is running steady about 1.15 - Healthy Transpiration: Late Veg/Early Flower - lights-on.
*** VPD is running steady about 0.83 - Healthy Transpiration: Late Veg/Early Flower - lights-off.

Environment #2 - Flowering:

Environment #2 is mutually exclusive from Environment #1.

Environment #2 is now the 3'x3'x5' tent.

The heater is turned on during lights-off.

Two X6 lights are running 1 cycle of "9 hours lights-on and 15 hours lights-off".

The two X6 lights are turned off from 19:00 to 04:00 ... Off-Peak ... 6.5¢ per kWh.

Both X6 lights are 38 cm (15") above the canopy centered over the flowering plants.

An X6 light pulls 300 W from that wall and gives off about 2°C (4°F) of heat.

*** The room temperature is running around 21°C (70°F) and RH 52% - daytime 15:00.

*** The environment humidity is running steady around RH 60.0% with lights-on - after watering plants.

*** The environment humidity is running steady around RH 55.0% with lights-off - heater-on.
*** The environment temperature is running steady around 25°C (77°F) with lights-off - heater-on.

*** VPD is running steady about 1.07 - Healthy Transpiration: Late Veg/Early Flower - lights-on.
*** VPD is running steady about 1.07 - Healthy Transpiration: Late Veg/Early Flower - lights-off - heater-on.

*** In reality ... for flowering we want:
  1. Control air temperature and humidity to achieve a VPD of 0.8 kPa to 1.25 kPa.
  2. Use humidity control to manage stomatal opening, photosynthetic rates and nutrient delivery.
  3. When VPD is right, plants are healthy and, in the face of pathogens, can defend themselves better.
  4. Air movement around plants reduces the infection potential of mildews and molds.
  5. Don’t be afraid of a relative humidity of 65% to 75% if air temperature is 20°C (75°F) to 27°C (80°F). (The result: VPD = 0.9kPa to 1.2 kPa)

*** At this point, I do think there is a benefit to keeping VPD inline for flowering plants during lights-out.

Growth Stage:

2 Bakerstreets: Day 5/ Week 15 ... Day 103 ... Day 32/Week 5 flower.

*** I did a flush already, so I won't be doing a final-bloom flush.

1 C.R.E.A.M.: Day 5 Week 14 ... Day 96 ... harvest.
1 Cheese: Day 5/ Week 14 ... Day 96 ... harvest.

Watering and Feeding:

*** Next regular feed ... 6 litres (1.6 gallons) - pH 6.3 water - September 08, 2019.

Activities:

Harvesting:

IMG_20190828_175012.jpg

IMG_20190828_194335.jpg

IMG_20190828_211305.jpg

Remove buds from stems.

Place in dark.

Every 12 hours:
  • ... Wait one hour.

*** Today:

*** At 17:00 ... the jar's mini hygrometer was reading RH 85% and 22°C (72°F).

*** Set, in room with lids-off, to dry in jars for about 2 hours using a small fan to gently circulate air.
*** Room temperature is 21°C (70°F) and RH 52.5% which is near ideal ... 20°C (68°F) and RH 50%.

The primary functions of drying and curing are potency and flavor. As the chemical components of the plant matter break down over time, it shifts the taste from an overly earthy and green flavor to flavors that are more palatable and that we can more readily associate with particular strains.

This process is conducted by aerobic bacteria present in the plant at the time of harvest. The bacteria consume the chlorophyll in the cannabis making the taste and overall experience less harsh. Just like your grow, your curing buds thrive in a micro-environment dependent on specific conditions in order to nurture the process.

Notes:

I flushed the Bakerstreets recently, so I won't do a final-flush later.

Lessons Learned:

ToDo:

September 08 2019 - Update

IMG_20190908_190641.jpg

IMG_20190908_190719.jpg

IMG_20190903_111708.jpg

IMG_20190903_111752.jpg

Environment #1 is now the 2'x2'x5' tent.

The Mars Hydro TSL 2000W light is running 1 cycle of uninterrupted "18 hours lights-on and 6 hours lights-off".
The Mars Hydro TSL 2000W light is are turned off from 11:00 to 17:00 ... On-Peak ... 13.4 ¢/kWh.

The Mars Hydro TSL 2000W light is 38 cm (15") above the canopy centered over all plants.

The Mars Hydro TSL 2000W light pulls 285 W from that wall and gives off about 4°C (8°F) of heat.

*** The environment humidity is running steady around RH 57.5% with lights-on.
*** The environment temperature is running steady around 24°C (75°F) with lights-on.

*** The environment humidity is running steady around RH 55.0% with lights-off.
*** The environment temperature is running steady around 21°C (70°F) with lights-off.

*** VPD is running steady about 0.92 - Healthy Transpiration: Late Veg/Early Flower - lights-on.
*** VPD is running steady about 0.83 - Healthy Transpiration: Late Veg/Early Flower - lights-off.

The heater is turned on during lights-off.

Two X6 lights are running 1 cycle of "9 hours lights-on and 15 hours lights-off".

The two X6 lights are turned on from 19:00 to 04:00 ... Off-Peak ... 6.5¢ per kWh.

Both X6 lights are 38 cm (15") above the canopy centered over the flowering plants.

*** The environment temperature is running steady around 25°C (77°F) with lights-on.

*** The environment humidity is running steady around RH 55.0% with lights-off - heater-on.
*** The environment temperature is running steady around 25°C (77°F) with lights-off - heater-on.

*** VPD is running steady about 0.83 - Healthy Transpiration: Late Veg/Early Flower - lights-on.
*** VPD is running steady about 1.07 - Healthy Transpiration: Late Veg/Early Flower - lights-off - heater-on.

1. Control air temperature and humidity to achieve a VPD of 0.8 kPa to 1.25 kPa.
  2. Use humidity control to manage stomatal opening, photosynthetic rates and nutrient delivery.
  3. When VPD is right, plants are healthy and, in the face of pathogens, can defend themselves better.
  4. Air movement around plants reduces the infection potential of mildews and molds.
  5. Don’t be afraid of a relative humidity of 65% to 75% if air temperature is 20°C (75°F) to 27°C (80°F). (The result: VPD = 0.9kPa to 1.2 kPa)

*** At this point, I do think there is a benefit to keeping VPD inline for flowering plants during lights-out.

*** I have made progress in getting the VPD up to the "Healthy Transpiration: Late Veg/Early Flower" range.

*** In order to get the VPD up to the "
High Transpiration: Mid/Late Flower" range ... I will need to seal the room and bring in the dehumidifier. Maybe the temperature and humidity will drop enough in the winter.

Growth Stage:

2 Bakerstreets: Day 1/ Week 16 ... Day 106 ... Day 35/Week 5 flower.

1 C.R.E.A.M.: Day 1 Week 15 ... Day 99 ... harvest.
1 Cheese: Day 1/ Week 15 ... Day 99 ... harvest.

Watering and Feeding:

*** Next regular feed ... 6 litres (1.6 gallons) - pH 6.3 water - September 09, 2019.

Activities:

Harvesting:

IMG_20190828_175012.jpg

IMG_20190828_194335.jpg

IMG_20190828_211305.jpg

Remove buds from stems.

Place in dark.

Every 24 hours:
  • ... Wait one hour.

*** Today at 16:00:

*** The C.R.E.A.M.'s jar's mini hygrometer was reading RH 79% and 19.2°C (66°F).
*** The Cheese's jar's mini hygrometer was reading RH 87% and 19.2°C (66°F).

*** This also means the C.R.E.A.M. is drying/curing faster and we are getting closer to the 72% mark.

*** Room temperature is 20.5°C (69°F) and RH 65.0% which is kinda near ideal ... 20°C (68°F) and RH 50%.

Notes:

Lessons Learned:

ToDo:

September 11 2019 - Update

IMG_20190912_025026.jpg

IMG_20190912_025026.jpg

IMG_20190910_170020.jpg

Both Mini-Bakerstreets - Looking healthy so far - turned into clones upon reaching a height of 60 cm (24").

IMG_20190912_024755.jpg

Both Mini-Bakerstreets - Looking healthy so far - turned into 15 cm (6") clones for the coco SOG.

IMG_20190903_111708.jpg

IMG_20190903_111752.jpg

Environment #1 is the 2'x2'x5' tent.

*** The environment humidity is running steady around RH 57.5% with lights-on.
*** The environment temperature is running steady around 24°C (75°F) with lights-on.

*** The environment humidity is running steady around RH 55.0% with lights-off.
*** The environment temperature is running steady around 21°C (70°F) with lights-off.

*** VPD is running steady about 0.92 - Healthy Transpiration: Late Veg/Early Flower - lights-on.

Environment #2 does not have a humidifier.

Environment #2 does not have a dehumidifier.

Three X6 lights are running 1 cycle of "8 hours lights-on and 16 hours lights-off".

The three X6 lights are turned on from 19:00 to 04:00 ... Off-Peak ... 6.5¢ per kWh.

The three X6 lights are 38 cm (15") above the canopy centered over the flowering plants.

*** VPD is running steady about 0.83 - Healthy Transpiration: Late Veg/Early Flower - lights-on.

*** In order to get the VPD up to the "High Transpiration: Mid/Late Flower" range ... I will need to seal the room and bring in the dehumidifier. Maybe the temperature and humidity will drop enough in the winter.

Growth Stage:

2 Bakerstreets: Day 1/ Week 16 ... Day 109 ... Day 38/Week 6 flower.

*** The Bakerstreets are in week 6 of the flowering stage, they have stopped growing altogether and are now spending all their energy on growing buds.

*** They should be ready for full-on bloom nutes around September 19, 2019 (6½ weeks flower).
*** They should be ready for harvest around October 03, 2019 (8½ weeks flower).

1 C.R.E.A.M.: Day 4 Week 15 ... Day 102 ... Day 14/Week 2 Harvest.
1 Cheese: Day 4/ Week 15 ... Day 102 ... Day 14/Week 2 Harvest.

Watering and Feeding:

pH: 6.38
ppm: 415

6 litres (1.6 gallons) - pH 6.3 tap water.

*** Next regular feed ... 6 litres (1.6 gallons) - Full Dose - Week 10 CGRSFS, BPSS, CS, BTTE - September 15, 2019.

Activities:

Harvesting:

Place in dark.

Every 24 hours:
  • ... Wait one hour.

*** Today at 12:00:

*** The C.R.E.A.M.'s jar's mini hygrometer was reading RH 77% and 19.2°C (66°F).
*** The Cheese's jar's mini hygrometer was reading RH 84% and 19.2°C (66°F).
*** This means the buds are still pretty damp and they need to dry a bit more.
*** This also means the C.R.E.A.M. is drying/curing faster and we are getting closer to the 72% mark.
*** Set, in room with lids-off, to dry in jars for about 1 hour using a small fan to gently circulate air.
*** Room temperature is 20.5°C (69°F) and RH 65.0% which is kinda near ideal ... 20°C (68°F) and RH 50%.

Notes:

Lessons Learned:

ToDo:

Attachments

• IMG_20190912_025018.jpg
    IMG_20190912_025018.jpg
    966.8 KB · Views: 56
Looking good SQl. Cool, and now you're cloning. Grow Brother Grow!

Hey @oopssteptinit ...

The cloning is something I plan to do a lot of ... (if it works out) ... because I'm hoping it will fit my growing style.

So far, I've learned I like ... higher yield, shorter harvest, photoperiods, larger primary colas, more trichomes, flat canopy, and knowing the harvest date ... so I'm hoping I can find strains with large primary colas and grow them in coco.

I let the first clones I took grow straight up (no training) in a 1.6 gallon pot until they were 60 cm (24") tall (about 3 weeks) ... cut 15 cm (6") clones ... and have kept the clones cool and away from the light for about a week ...

So far so good ... and hopefully roots will pop out within a few weeks ...

It's all new ... but most important is trying different things and finding a growing style that fits my personality ...

ttyl

September 15 2019 - Update

IMG_20190916_204922.jpg

IMG_20190916_204859.jpg

IMG_20190910_170020.jpg

Both Mini-Bakerstreets - branches turned into clones upon reaching a height of 60 cm (24").

IMG_20190916_205345.jpg

Both Mini-Bakerstreets - Looking healthy so far - turned into 15 cm (6") clones for the coco SOG.

IMG_20190903_111708.jpg

IMG_20190903_111752.jpg

Environment #1 is the 2'x2'x5' tent.

The exhaust fan is running 24-0 to prevent a rise in temperature & RH, and to prevent smells in the house.

The Mars Hydro TSL 2000W light pulls 285 W from that wall and gives off about 5°C (10°F) of heat.

*** The room temperature is running around 23°C (74°F) and RH 60% - daytime 15:00.
*** The room VPD is running about 0.80 - Healthy Transpiration: Late Veg/Early Flower - daytime 15:00.

*** The environment humidity is running steady around RH 67.5% with lights-on.

*** The environment humidity is running steady around RH 73.0% with lights-off.

*** VPD is running steady about 0.76 - Low Transpiration: Propagation/Early Veg - lights-on.
*** VPD is running steady about 0.40 - Low Transpiration: Propagation/Early Veg - lights-off.

Environment #2 does not have a humidifier.

Environment #2 does not have a dehumidifier.

Three X6 lights are running 1 cycle of "8 hours lights-on and 16 hours lights-off".

The three X6 lights are turned on from 19:00 to 04:00 ... Off-Peak ... 6.5¢ per kWh.

The three X6 lights are 38 cm (15") above the canopy centered over the flowering plants.

*** The room temperature is running around 23°C (74°F) and RH 60% - daytime 15:00.
*** The room VPD is running about 0.80 - Healthy Transpiration: Late Veg/Early Flower - daytime 15:00.

*** The environment humidity is running steady around RH 50.0% with lights-on.
*** The environment temperature is running steady around 29°C (85°F) with lights-on.

*** The environment humidity is running steady around RH 72.5% with lights-off - heater-on.
*** The environment temperature is running steady around 22°C (72°F) with lights-off - heater-on.

*** VPD is running steady about 0.83 - High Transpiration: Mid/Late Flower - lights-on.
*** VPD is running steady about 0.42 - Low Transpiration: Propagation/Early Veg - lights-off - heater-on.

*** In My Reality ... for flowering we want:

*** In order to get the VPD up to the "High Transpiration: Mid/Late Flower" range ... I will need to seal the room and bring in the dehumidifier. Maybe the temperature and humidity will drop enough in the fall.

Growth Stage:

2 Bakerstreets: Day 1/ Week 17 ... Day 113 ... Day 42/Week 6 Flower.

*** The Bakerstreets are in week 6 of the flowering stage, they have stopped growing altogether and are now spending all their energy on growing buds.

*** They should be ready for full-on bloom nutes around September 19, 2019 (6½ weeks flower).

1 C.R.E.A.M.: Day 1 Week 16 ... Day 106 ... Day 19/Week 3 Harvest.
1 Cheese: Day 1/ Week 16 ... Day 106 ... Day 19/Week 3 Harvest.

Watering and Feeding:

pH: 6.78
ppm: 1876

6 litres (1.6 gallons) - Full Dose - Week 10 CGRSFS, BPSS, CS, BTTE.

Bakerstreets' Full-On Bloom Feed:

*** Next regular feed ... 6 litres (1.6 gallons) - Full Dose - Week 10 CGRSFS, BPSS, CS, BTTE - September 19, 2019.

*** I will follow the Gringo Rasta and Advanced Nutrients feeding schedules closely now.

*** I will do a regular feed(CGRSFS, RME)/water cycle for all regular veg weeks.
*** I will do a regular feed(CGRSFS, RME)/water cycle for the first two weeks of flower.
*** I will do a regular feed(CGRSFS, BPSS, CS, BTTE)/water cycle for all regular flower weeks.

Harvesting:

Place in dark.

Every 24 hours:
  • ... Wait one hour.

*** Today at 15:00:

*** The C.R.E.A.M.'s jar's mini hygrometer was reading RH 73% and 22.2°C (72°F).

*** The Cheese's jar's mini hygrometer was reading RH 79% and 22.2°C (72°F).
*** This means the buds are still pretty damp and they need to dry a bit more.
*** Set, in room with lids-off, to dry in jars for about 1 hour using a small fan to gently circulate air.
*** Room temperature is 23.0°C (73°F) and RH 60.0% which is kinda near ideal ... 20°C (68°F) and RH 50%.

Activities:

Notes:

I flushed the Bakerstreets recently, so I won't do a final-flush.

Lessons Learned:

No lessons learned today.

ToDo:

Looking good SQL.

Hey @oopssteptinit ...

The cloning is something I plan to do a lot of ... (if it works out) ... because I'm hoping it will fit my growing style.

So far, I've learned I like ... higher yield, shorter harvest, photoperiods, larger primary colas, more trichomes, flat canopy, and knowing the harvest date ... so I'm hoping I can find strains with large primary colas and grow them in coco.

I let the first clones I took grow straight up (no training) in a 1.6 gallon pot until they were 60 cm (24") tall (about 3 weeks) ... cut 15 cm (6") clones ... and have kept the clones cool and away from the light for about a week ...

So far so good ... and hopefully roots will pop out within a few weeks ...

It's all new ... but most important is trying different things and finding a growing style that fits my personality ...

ttyl
I can't wait to start cloning on my next grow. I will do like you and get a tent, or build another closet inside. So, you are going to have an ongoing grow.... that is so cool. Learning alot from your grows, really thankful that you are doing them. Grow Brother Grow.

Looking good SQL.
I can't wait to start cloning on my next grow. I will do like you and get a tent, or build another closet inside. So, you are going to have an ongoing grow.... that is so cool. Learning alot from your grows, really thankful that you are doing them. Grow Brother Grow.

Hi @oopssteptinit ...

I'm sure you'll enjoy doing a SOG and maybe even get into breeding one day!

ttyl

September 19 2019 - Update

IMG_20190916_204922.jpg

IMG_20190916_204859.jpg

IMG_20190916_205345.jpg

Mini-Bakerstreet Clones - Looking healthy so far - turned into 15 cm (6") clones for the coco SOG.

IMG_20190903_111708.jpg

IMG_20190903_111752.jpg

The exhaust fan is running 24-0 to prevent a rise in temperature & RH, and to prevent smells in the house.

The Mars Hydro TSL 2000W light is running 1 cycle of uninterrupted 18-6.

*** The room humidity is running steady around RH 60.0%.
*** The room temperature is running steady around 24°C (76°F).
*** The room VPD is running about 0.86 - Healthy Transpiration: Late Veg/Early Flower - daytime 15:00.

*** The environment temperature is running steady around 31°C (88°F) with lights-on.
*** VPD is running steady about 1.75 - Danger Zone Over/Under Transpiration - lights-on.

*** The environment humidity is running steady around RH 65.0% with lights-off.
*** The environment temperature is running steady around 24°C (76°F) with lights-off.
*** VPD is running steady about 0.70 - Low Transpiration: Propagation/Early Veg - lights-off.

Three X6 lights are running 1 cycle of uninterrupted 8-16.

*** The room humidity is running steady around RH 60.0% - daytime 15:00.
*** The room temperature is running steady around 24°C (76°F) - daytime 15:00.
*** The room VPD is running about 0.86 - Healthy Transpiration: Late Veg/Early Flower - daytime 15:00.

*** The environment humidity is running steady around RH 55.0% with lights-on.
*** The environment temperature is running steady around 31°C (88°F) with lights-on.
*** VPD is running steady about 1.53 - High Transpiration: Mid/Late Flower - lights-on.

*** The environment temperature is running steady around 24°C (76°F) with lights-off.
*** VPD is running steady about 0.70 - Low Transpiration: Propagation/Early Veg - lights-off.

Growth Stage:

2 Bakerstreets: Day 5/ Week 17 ... Day 117 ... Day 46/Week 7 Flower.

*** I did a regular flush already, so I won't be doing a final-bloom flush.
*** They shpuld be ready for full-on bloom nutes around September 19, 2019 (6½ weeks flower).

1 C.R.E.A.M.: Day 5 Week 16 ... Day 110 ... Day 23/Week 4 Harvest.
1 Cheese: Day 5/ Week 16 ... Day 110 ... Day 23/Week 4 Harvest.

Watering and Feeding:

pH: 6.68
ppm: 415

6 litres (1.6 gallons) - pH 6.68 water only.

*** Next regular feed ... 6 litres (1.6 gallons) - Full Dose - Week 11 CGRSFS, BPSS, CS, BTTE - September 22, 2019.

*** I will follow the Gringo Rasta and Advanced Nutrients feeding schedules closely now.

*** I will do a regular feed(CGRSFS, RME)/water cycle for all regular veg weeks.
*** I will do a regular feed(CGRSFS, RME)/water cycle for the first two weeks of flower.
*** I will do a regular feed(CGRSFS, BPSS, CS, BTTE)/water cycle for all regular flower weeks.

Harvesting:

Place in dark.

Every 24 hours:
  • ... Wait one hour.

*** Today at 18:00:

*** The C.R.E.A.M.'s jar's mini hygrometer was reading RH 72% and 23.2°C (74°F).
*** The Cheese's jar's mini hygrometer was reading RH 78% and 23.2°C (74°F).
*** This means the buds are still damp and they need to dry a bit more.
*** Room temperature is 24°C (76°F) and RH 60.0% which is kinda near ideal ... 20°C (68°F) and RH 50%.

Activities:

Notes:

*** I am going to try and harvest all the plants around October 09, 2019.

Lessons Learned:

ToDo:

September 22 2019 - Update

IMG_20190916_204922.jpg

IMG_20190916_204859.jpg

IMG_20190916_205345.jpg
Mini-Bakerstreet Clones - Looking healthy so far - turned into 15 cm (6") clones for the coco SOG.

IMG_20190903_111708.jpg

IMG_20190903_111752.jpg

*** The room temperature is running steady around 24°C (76°F).

*** VPD is running steady about 1.75 - Danger Zone Over/Under Transpiration - lights-on.

*** The room humidity is running steady around RH 60.0% - daytime 15:00.
*** The room temperature is running steady around 24°C (76°F) - daytime 15:00.

*** The environment humidity is running steady around RH 55.0% with lights-on.
*** VPD is running steady about 1.53 - High Transpiration: Mid/Late Flower - lights-on.

Growth Stage:

2 Bakerstreets: Day 1/ Week 18 ... Day 120 ... Day 49/Week 7 Flower.

*** The Bakerstreets are in week 7 of the flowering stage, they have stopped growing altogether and are now spending all their energy on growing buds.

*** They shpuld be ready for full-on bloom nutes around September 19, 2019 (6½ weeks flower).

1 C.R.E.A.M.: Day 1/Week 17 ... Day 113 ... Day 26/Week 4 Harvest.
1 Cheese: Day 1/Week 17 ... Day 113 ... Day 26/Week 4 Harvest.

Watering and Feeding:

pH: 6.66
ppm: 819

6 litres (1.6 gallons) - Half Dose - Week 11 CGRSFS, BPSS, CS, BTTE.

*** Next regular feed ... 6 litres (1.6 gallons) - pH 6.3 tap water - September 25, 2019.

Harvesting:

Place in dark.

Every 24 hours:
  • ... Wait one hour.

*** The C.R.E.A.M.'s jar's mini hygrometer was reading RH 72% and 23.2°C (74°F).
*** The Cheese's jar's mini hygrometer was reading RH 78% and 23.2°C (74°F).
*** Room temperature is 24°C (76°F) and RH 60.0% which is kinda near ideal ... 20°C (68°F) and RH 50%.

Activities:

Notes:

*** I am going to try and harvest all the plants around October 09, 2019.

Lessons Learned:

ToDo:

September 27 2019 - Update

IMG_20190927_194308.jpg

IMG_20190927_193906.jpg

IMG_20190927_174241.jpg

IMG_20190927_183825.jpg

Bakerstreet SOG #1 - Looks healthy so far - growth nodes are exposed to light and air.

IMG_20190903_111708.jpg

IMG_20190903_111752.jpg

*** The room temperature is running steady around 23°C (74°F).

*** VPD is running steady about 1.39 - High Transpiration: Mid/Late Flower - lights-on.

*** The environment temperature is running steady around 20°C (68°F) with lights-off.
*** VPD is running steady about 0.54 - Low Transpiration: Propagation/Early Veg - lights-off.

*** The room temperature is running steady around 23°C (74°F).

*** VPD is running steady about 1.39 - High Transpiration: Mid/Late Flower - lights-on.

*** The environment humidity is running steady around RH 60.0% with lights-off.
*** VPD is running steady about 0.66 - Low Transpiration: Propagation/Early Veg - lights-off.

Growth Stage:

2 Bakerstreets: Day 6/ Week 18 ... Day 125 ... Day 54/Week 8 Flower.

*** The Bakerstreets are in week 8 of the flowering stage, they have stopped growing altogether and are now spending all their energy on growing buds.

1 C.R.E.A.M.: Day 6/Week 17 ... Day 118 ... Day 31/Week 5 Harvest.
1 Cheese: Day 6/Week 17 ... Day 118 ... Day 31/Week 5 Harvest.

Watering and Feeding:

pH: 6.30
ppm: 419

6 litres (1.6 gallons) - pH 6.3 tap water.

Bakerstreets' Full-On Bloom Feed:

*** Next regular feed ... 6 litres (1.6 gallons) - Full Dose - Week 11 CGRSFS, BPSS, CS, BTTE - October 01, 2019.

Harvesting:

Place in dark.

Every 24 hours:
  • ... Wait one hour.

*** The C.R.E.A.M.'s jar's mini hygrometer was reading RH 70% and 23.2°C (74°F).
*** The Cheese's jar's mini hygrometer was reading RH 76% and 23.2°C (74°F).
*** Room temperature is 23°C (74°F) and RH 60.0% which is kinda near ideal ... 20°C (68°F) and RH 50%.

Activities:

Notes:

*** I am going to try and harvest all the plants around October 15, 2019.

Lessons Learned:

ToDo:

I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed and a bit disappointed lately ... so little plugs like this really help to rejuvenate my confidence :)
Well you're doing a lot of work trying to be the best you can at gardening, so ya there's going to be some highs and lows. We didn't become good growers overnight and we all learned at our own pace. Maybe slow down a bit to actually absorb what you have done so far and just ride the wave for a week or two. The information will always be here and so will we :)
Keep your chin up! You've done amazing in your short time here.

Well you're doing a lot of work trying to be the best you can at gardening, so ya there's going to be some highs and lows. We didn't become good growers overnight and we all learned at our own pace. Maybe slow down a bit to actually absorb what you have done so far and just ride the wave for a week or two. The information will always be here and so will we :)
Keep your chin up! You've done amazing in your short time here.

Thanks for the advice and the encouragement. I am definitely trying to absorb and apply all the different pieces of information and growing styles. I've done some things right and learned from the things I have done wrong. I am trying different things to make sure I cover what will work for me and my girlfriend.

It just gets frustrating when I try to plan things out and the posted harvest dates actually turn out to be approximate and basically "the soonest you can harvest" dates.

Anyway, it'll be nice to get this Bakerstreet & Chemdawg SOG going ... it's fun cloning ... and it will be nice to see how primary colas yield.

Chin up and we're looking forward to good medicine :)

October 11 2019 - Update
A horrible day today ... Dr. Watson had to be put down due to Kidney stones. He tried so hard to be brave in the end with the pain ... everybody got a chance to say goodbye ... he was an awesome dog he was only 8 ... life hurts so bad sometimes.

I harvested the Bakerstreets and they didn't look right ... and today I found seeds in the jars ... what a waste of time!

I made a lot of mistakes ... and I wish I had never run into the autoflower propaganda ... they really helped screw things up.

I tried too many things ... I considered this fun ... and in the end it cost me a lot of time ... money and medicine!!!

I need to get my crap together on my current grow ... and learn from all my mistakes!

Back
Top Bottom