Stan's First Soil Sour Diesel Grow! 2017

I did a quick spray with some cal-mag when I got home yesterday avoiding buds as best I could. Sprinkled 1/4 tsp of lime onto the soil. When I watered last night I added 1 tsp/gal of cal-mag to the ladies' water. One plant got 6.7 ph water and had runoff of 6.4 while the other got 7.2 and runoff was 6.6 so I think I'm good now to water at 6.5 and will be adding cal-mag to each watering and continuing with nutrients every other watering.

Why the high PH when watering? 6.4 seems high to me? When I feed it's usually about 5.5-5.7 and run off comes out slightly under neutral.

I had been watering at that range for a while and runoff was fine but after not checking for a few weeks runoff was way too low. It has stabilized now and plants seem much happier. Affected leaves that have yellow ends and brown spots are looking greener where they had been pale, and the plant that wasn't affected quite as much is looking great. Buds are starting to really thicken up. Thanks everyone for the great advice!! :thanks:

IMG_256419.JPG

IMG_256526.JPG

Wow been a while since I posted! Life has been crazy with a newborn and weddings and late work nights. Plants seem to be doing well, I have seen a few amber trichomes so I think I'm closer to harvest then I originally thought. Today marks 3 days short of 9 weeks since flipping. I had thought about one more feeding tonight but I think I'll stick with straight water. I'm getting so excited to try my own medicine! Thanks again to everyone for help along the way. I've learned a lot this first grow and can't wait to start another cycle.

IMG_262022.JPG

IMG_262120.JPG

It's almost time! I've decided to chop on Tuesday night, based on amber trichomes developing, some red hairs turning slightly brown, and Wednesday I'm off from work so I can stay up late to cut, trim, wash and hang. I've decided to use Doc's bud washing technique, though simplified with one bucket of hot water with baking soda and lemon juice, and one bucket with cold water for final rinse. I have no idea what to expect but I'm excited to jump into it. My plan is to take cuts of branches as large as I can fit into the buckets for washing and hang them whole for a slow dry, than do a final manicure once they've dried a bit before jarring. I'll pull off large fan leaves before washing and save anything worth it for edibles or tinctures. I'll try to get some sticky finger pics along the way!

Good morning! I managed to get a few pics of the plants before I started cutting them to bits. Spent almost all night on Tuesday removing scrog screen, cutting branches off, pulling fan leaves, restringing screen to hang buds, then washing and hanging. I used one 5 gallon bucket with hot water and 1 cup lemon juice and 1 cup baking soda, followed by clean water for the wash cycle. I'm happy with the results, I don't have a scale so I couldn't get an idea of weight. But buds look good, especially on the plant that was topped. The fimmed plant is a little more whispy, it was always a little runtish compared to the other. Definitely got more buds from topped plant as they took up 5 strings as opposed to 3.5 for the fimmed plant when hanging. Currently hanging in my tent, temps 72 and humidity 55. Can't wait to try this stuff out, it smelled so good especially during washing!

IMG_266619.JPG

IMG_266720.JPG

IMG_266922.JPG

Above is the fimmed plant and one of its nicer looking buds.

IMG_267123.JPG

IMG_267321.JPG

IMG_267519.JPG

And that's the one that was topped.

IMG_267720.JPG

IMG_267822.JPG

That's the topped plant after being cut and hung. Didn't get a picture of the whole tent full after cutting the other plant. Here's hoping for a good cure and tasty medicine!

Watered this evening, tugged at some branches, admired growth, took a few pictures. Been using white vinegar to drop ph a little and seems to be doing no harm. No signs of those spots showing up elsewhere so far. I'm a happy grower!:cheer:
To anyone that hasn't tried LST yet, it's a lot of fun and it's so easy using these clips and pipe cleaners. I've also read rubber bands around the pot work well especially for those using plastic pots.

IMG_207937.JPG

IMG_208033.JPG

IMG_208134.JPG

IMG_208228.JPG

IMG_208332.JPG
I've started experimenting with LST on one of my plants and am afraid I was too aggressive too soon And I'm not really sure what to do next, but I think I can follow your pictoral ✌ I have plastic coated plant wire... I wonder if that will work?

420-magazine-mobile1534917117.jpg

420-magazine-mobile680116116.jpg

I am so happy to have come across your post [going to search for that little box of safety pins]

So quick question and photo dump (I've discovered I love taking pictures of these plants almost as much as doing LST on them. So much growth so quickly!)
Should I worry about my 5gal pots being too small? I don't want to get into flower and realize I should have up potted, especially with flowering time on these being so long. Currently measuring about 18" wide and 8-9" tall, about 39 days from sprouting.

IMG_208630.JPG

IMG_208728.JPG

IMG_208828.JPG

IMG_209132.JPG
I'm super glad for your interest in taking pictures of your process and progress!! ✌

I've started experimenting with LST on one of my plants and am afraid I was too aggressive too soon And I'm not really sure what to do next, but I think I can follow your pictoral ✌ I have plastic coated plant wire... I wonder if that will work?

420-magazine-mobile1534917117.jpg

420-magazine-mobile680116116.jpg

I am so happy to have come across your post [going to search for that little box of safety pins]

Glad that my posts have helped greenthunder! I don't see any reason why the plastic coated wire wouldn't work, as long as it's not too thin as it would cut into the plants. You can be very aggressive with pulling them over I've found. Just keep trying to get light to those nodes that's the name of the game!

Glad that my posts have helped greenthunder! I don't see any reason why the plastic coated wire wouldn't work, as long as it's not too thin as it would cut into the plants. You can be very aggressive with pulling them over I've found. Just keep trying to get light to those nodes that's the name of the game!
This is my gal Emily, that I pulled this way and that from a early age. She seems a little stunted, compared to the others, but I don't think she's given up.

420-magazine-mobile1862662047.jpg

420-magazine-mobile722364860.jpg

Back
Top Bottom