Stan's First Soil Sour Diesel Grow! 2017

Nice grow! You ran into some of the same questions and problems I have had. I am a first time grower as well. Nice job on the LST. Anyways beautiful job and keep up the g'work. I wasn't able to read the whole journal but if you have the funds for the next round, try a set of nutrients. Every boxed nutes I have tried, kept the ph stable. One box did nute burn the tips but I went with the schedule on the box which everyone says to be careful about doing lol. Pushed the ladies a bit. I invested time into monitoring the ph and honestly didn't need to. Still fun to use the science :). Again great grow mate!

Fed again last night with grow big, big bloom, tiger bloom, and open sesame. Plants seem to be very happy as far as I can tell. I haven't done any more tucking recently as a lot of tops are at the same level and don't seem to be stretching quite so much. Not sure quite what to expect in terms of buds stretching yet. Couple pics with lights on and with flash.
IMG_231818.JPG

IMG_231722.JPG

IMG_231925.JPG

Pulled a ton of undergrowth, expected these yellow leaves due to lack of exposure but not sure about these brown spots. Anything to worry about? Should I add anything to my feedings?

IMG_231426.JPG

IMG_231524.JPG

Looking great, I wouldn't worry to much about the old leafs underneath dying, it's pretty normal at that stage from what I gather, she is a beauty though and looks healthy to me...️

Thanks tom that's what I figured, everything up top seems good so I'll continue on course. 2.5 weeks into flower only about 7 to go haha this will test my patience :lot-o-toke:

Not much to report, wanted to upload some photos I took last night. Will be feeding tonight and swapping out open sesame for beastie bloomz as per fox farms schedule. Check out the trunk on this girl that got topped!

IMG_235023.JPG

IMG_234823.JPG

IMG_234720.JPG

IMG_234619.JPG

Someone asked me the other day how much I might yield and I had no clue. Any guesses? I also need to start planning for harvest and get stocked up on jars and a few in jar humidity monitors. I'll probably use those reptile ones and calibrate beforehand.

So the buds on these are looking great as far as I can tell, very sticky already. I'm worried about yellowing on fan leaves. The last two weeks I've pulled about 4x as much undergrowth as shown below, which I somewhat expected as I didn't really do any trimming throughout. However this week a lot of upper leaves are turning very yellow. Everything below the top third of the bud tips. I'll try to get better pictures without the hps light on but you can see the difference. Is it too early in flower for this much yellowing? I'm 31 days after flipping to 12/12 of a potential 65-75 day flowering period. Any thoughts or advice much appreciated.

Edit: should also mention I have been watering every three days, and feeding with every other watering. Temps around 80 lights on, 70 off, humidity right around 50. Water ph around 5.4.

IMG_247427.JPG

IMG_247524.JPG

IMG_247629.JPG
IMG_247734.JPG

So the buds on these are looking great as far as I can tell, very sticky already. I'm worried about yellowing on fan leaves. The last two weeks I've pulled about 4x as much undergrowth as shown below, which I somewhat expected as I didn't really do any trimming throughout. However this week a lot of upper leaves are turning very yellow. Everything below the top third of the bud tips. I'll try to get better pictures without the hps light on but you can see the difference. Is it too early in flower for this much yellowing? I'm 31 days after flipping to 12/12 of a potential 65-75 day flowering period. Any thoughts or advice much appreciated.

Edit: should also mention I have been watering every three days, and feeding with every other watering. Temps around 80 lights on, 70 off, humidity right around 50. Water ph around 5.4.

IMG_247427.JPG

IMG_247524.JPG

IMG_247629.JPG
IMG_247734.JPG
She looks a little nitrogen deficient, alot of strains like a little more nitrogen than what just bloom nutes along have, I had to add some grow nutes in with my bloom nutes to give one of my girls a little more nitrogen, she was looking like yours and also I seen your pH is 5.5 or something, it should be 6.5 right, I was just wondering if you made a mistake on typing, I always set my pH to 6.4 for my soil. Looking good though and it won't be as long as it has been lol...️

Thanks tom I'll see which nutes I have that are nitrogen rich and double up on them. I've been running such low ph because my runoff was what seemed to be very high at one point, 7.3. Admittidely I haven't checked it since I flipped to flower and started using the scrog net. It's a pain to get under there but I will check again next watering. Maybe the soil has changed and it's now low.

So I have grow big (6-4-4) which I've been using throughout per the fox farms schedule, currently at 3tsp per gallon. Had been at 6 during veg, maybe I should increase to 6 again? here's more info on it: Grow Big(R)

I've also been feeding tiger bloom (2-8-4) at 2tsp per gallon since switching to flower: Tiger Bloom(R)

Open sesame was used for two weeks (5-45-19) Open Sesame(R)
Then beastie bloomz (0-50-30) Beastie Bloomz(R)
And most recently switched to cha-ching (9-50-10) Cha Ching®

Here's the schedule I've been referring to: Feeding Schedules - Language Sorted - FoxFarm Soil & Fertilizer Company

Sounds like I may want to go back to 6tsp of grow big? I'm also going to water at a slightly higher ph next and check runoff again to see where I'm at.

Somehow I double posted and can't find how to delete. So I'll just say thank you everyone for all your help throughout the process so far, I'm so grateful to be a part of this community! Thanks 420 magazine for hosting this site and to all the members who contribute their valuable time and energy and knowledge for those of us just starting out. :thanks: :circle-of-love:

So I have grow big (6-4-4) which I've been using throughout per the fox farms schedule, currently at 3tsp per gallon. Had been at 6 during veg, maybe I should increase to 6 again? here's more info on it: Grow Big(R)

I've also been feeding tiger bloom (2-8-4) at 2tsp per gallon since switching to flower: Tiger Bloom(R)

Open sesame was used for two weeks (5-45-19) Open Sesame(R)
Then beastie bloomz (0-50-30) Beastie Bloomz(R)
And most recently switched to cha-ching (9-50-10) Cha Ching(R)

Here's the schedule I've been referring to: Feeding Schedules - Language Sorted - FoxFarm Soil & Fertilizer Company

Sounds like I may want to go back to 6tsp of grow big? I'm also going to water at a slightly higher ph next and check runoff again to see where I'm at.
That's the same nutes I use only I just have the basic trio but I got great results and my girls love it, if you are already adding three ml maybe she does just want a little more. I would also check pH and make sure that it is in right range now, if it's not then maybe that may be part of problem also. I'm sure you will get everything figured out, she is looking good, I'm about to try and germinate a royal queen seeds auto Diesel and give it a try...️

Awesome tom wish you the best of luck and thanks for the advice! Going to run another journal?
I've not made up my mind if I will keep a journal or not, if I don't do a journal I will still be roaming around everyone else's journal lol but I may start one up after they get going a little bit and I may not keep as detailed as last journal but you know how that goes if I make one I will be on it everyday. I will be starting germination afterwhile with 16 autos, i bought another Mars 1200 and another 4×4 tent, so I plan on filling both tents with autos this run and whatever I can't fit in the two tents I will put in another room under 1000w hps with some more blueberry photos. I will have alot more work next time with three separate grows but hopefully it will reward me good also...️

Back
Top Bottom