Stan's First Soil Sour Diesel Grow! 2017

So quick question and photo dump (I've discovered I love taking pictures of these plants almost as much as doing LST on them. So much growth so quickly!)
Should I worry about my 5gal pots being too small? I don't want to get into flower and realize I should have up potted, especially with flowering time on these being so long. Currently measuring about 18" wide and 8-9" tall, about 39 days from sprouting.

IMG_208630.JPG

IMG_208728.JPG

IMG_208828.JPG

IMG_209132.JPG

Not much to update right now but wanted to drop a quick picture, these things have exploded since I started the nutrients. Thinking next time around I will introduce them a little sooner. Feeding tonight and I will likely switch to 12/12 light cycle. My plan is to keep up with veg nutes for another 1.5/2 weeks then introduce bloom nutes. Happy Monday!

IMG_215425.JPG

Thank you Nicholas! Appreciate the kind words. Forgot I had company last night so I watered tonight. Didn't flip yet because I was hoping for opinions on a few trouble spots. I've read flowering plants should be as healthy as possible and I noticed tonight some spotting and curved/white and brown tips. Anything to worry about? I've fed with grow big and big bloom every other watering three times now, including tonight. Been using white vinegar (2tsp/gal) to lower ph to around 5.4 and runoff has been in 6.6 range. Color does appear to be slightly better so that's good at least. :loopy:

IMG_216534.JPG

IMG_216635.JPG

IMG_216830.JPG

IMG_216733.JPG

IMG_216931.JPG

I felt a little like a bad parent, let the girls go 5 days without water due to work and travel. They were looking a little sad :oops:

IMG_221229.JPG

IMG_221323.JPG

It did allow me to get a good look under the leaves which I hadn't really seen for a while and man are the stems on these things thick! I was very surprised. Also allowed me acccess to some lower fan leaves that were yellowing, curling and dying so I snipped them off.

IMG_221424.JPG

I finally finished up the scrog net. Used 2x4's ripped in half for the frame and drilled holes every 2" to make a 2x2 net that I wove together. Took a while to get it installed by myself but figured it out without crushing anything.

IMG_221523.JPG

IMG_222226.JPG

Excited to see some buds eventually! I'll be adding flower nutrients after the next watering, and trying to keep an eye on humidity to get it under 50% where it's been most of the time.

Quick update, fed the girls last night with their first flowering nutrients. On top of big bloom and grow big, it was time to add tiger bloom and cha-ching. Also spend quite a bit of time tucking some branches and pulling others up and securing them to the screen to get more bud sites some light. Saw the technique used on another journal and thought it was a great idea. Forgot to get a picture up close, they've got some long hairs reaching out now. Here's a couple shots of the canopy.

IMG_227033.JPG

IMG_226928.JPG

looking good hope you have a good filter, or dont mind the dank skunk smell, as SD is a stanker.

Thanks MID! Filter seems to do a good job of keeping smells from coming out the exhaust. Room doesn't smell at all until I open tent doors. Every time I move branches though my hands are coated in delicious stank for hours! :)

Back
Top Bottom