Stan's First Soil Sour Diesel Grow! 2017

Sounds like quite the project it will keep you busy for sure. I hung a couple cfl lights in the tent to get a better view and also discovered a lot of brown spotting. I've read a few things on this forum about nitrogen deficiency, cal/mag deficiency, nute lockout due to ph. I'm going to run some water through them and check readings to rule that out first.

IMG_248326.JPG

IMG_248424.JPG

IMG_248625.JPG

IMG_248718.JPG

Well it's only been a couple days since flushing some water through but the yellow and browning appears to still be spreading. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this so any help is appreciated. Going to feed again tonight and double up on the grow big for more N and add some Epsom salts (1 tsp/gal) for what looks like mag deficiency. Will also check runoff again to see if soil leveled out at all. Are the brown tips nute burn? Should I cut back on flowering nutes a bit?

IMG_254921.JPG

I fed with some extra N tonight, and a tsp of Epsom salts. One plant was watered with ph 6.6 and had runoff of 6.2. Other was 6.8 and 6.0 so still further apart on that one. Is it best to keep flushing until initial runoff is good or try to correct at regular watering intervals?
If the ph is not too far off like yours you can correct at regular watering intervals, if runoff is low just raise ph of water a little to try and correct it and same if your runoff is high, you would just lower ph a little bit to correct...️

I fed with some extra N tonight, and a tsp of Epsom salts. One plant was watered with ph 6.6 and had runoff of 6.2. Other was 6.8 and 6.0 so still further apart on that one. Is it best to keep flushing until initial runoff is good or try to correct at regular watering intervals?
You're pH isn't that far off so you will be good to just correct at watering intervals...️

Thanks tom I'm getting more nervous as I get closer to harvest. Seemed like smooth sailing until now and don't want to ruin everything I've worked on so far. I'll water again tomorrow with even higher ph to try and correct the lower plant. I think I'm around 35-36 days since flip so likely halfway through flowering. Should be time to fix things still.

I have also heard alot of soil growers say that when checking runoff of soil whatever it says then add .3 to that and that's what your soil pH is, alot of soil growers won't check runoff cause they say you can't go by that to find out the ph of your soil but I myself use the add .3 method and it has worked out for me. If your ph runoff was 6 then when you add .3 that brings to 6.3 so you're not that far off if any...️

So the other thing I've been reading about causing these issues is rootbound. I'm probably over thinking but may be an issue as when I've tried to check soil dampness it feels like I'm pushing down through roots. Before transplanting to the 5 gal pots I had a few yellowing leaves which didn't progress after transplanting so may be what I'm seeing now.
Also reading that sour diesel is a very hungry plant, hopefully I've been giving it enough by following the feeding schedule. So many unknowns being a first time grower. Was thinking I may try different strains next grow but now I may run these again to try and improve on my ways.

I've been feeding tiger bloom at 2tsp/gal with every other watering, so every six days. I'll keep the .3 over readings in mind. Noticed last night some slight curling on the sugar leaves. I'll keep monitoring.
That's good, the tiger bloom is pretty strong but I was feeding my autos 7 1/2 ml which is 1 1/2tsp and then I gave 2ml and sometimes 4ml with it of grow big and then 4ml calmag, I was feeding every watering though, about every 4 to 5 days so you should be fine...️

Not sure if affected leaves are just showing more or if things are getting worse but one plant seems unhappy. Most pics are of plant that showed lower ph. Higher ph plant has some affected leaves but not nearly as many.

IMG_255319.JPG

IMG_255418.JPG

IMG_255521.JPG

IMG_255617.JPG

IMG_255720.JPG

I usually always give mine Cal-Mag approx. 2ml ea. watering about every 2 weeks...
I read that on here about 6weeks ago , and I've had no problems with yellow leaves at all since. Thanks 420 Mag.

I usually always give mine Cal-Mag approx. 2ml ea. watering about every 2 weeks...
I read that on here about 6weeks ago , and I've had no problems with yellow leaves at all since. Thanks 420 Mag.
Thanks for chiming, that's how I done on my grow, I would add 3 to 4ml per gallon every watering and other than having to give one a little more nitrogen than the others I never had any issues either. I add dolomite lime to my soil also at 2tbs per gallon of soil and it also keeps my ph in check, I hear it's hard to give one too much calcium and magnesium...️

I've read a little about foliar sprays, would that be beneficial for me at this point? Mix some water and cal-mag to spray on leaves?

You could also run some Epsom salts at 1 teaspoon per gallon as a foliar spray. 1 tsp per gallon is a very weak solution of this so don't be afraid.

I run Cal-mag at 1 tsp per gallon every other watering, but I'm in very large 100g pots, with pretty big plants.

Back
Top Bottom