DIY Recirculating DWC PVC Tube

Quite the rack o' weed, Mr Smith :thumb:
I see a battery of #1 fans like I bought four of recently.
9" Honeywell circulators are to a grower, as basic and useful as a
poncho-liner was to this 'Old Corp' Marine, way back when :smokin:

Green hash coats your power trimmer: must have worked well?
Whatever the weight, it looks good. You are busy ;)

Quite the rack o' weed, Mr Smith :thumb:
I see a battery of #1 fans like I bought four of recently.
9" Honeywell circulators are to a grower, as basic and useful as a
poncho-liner was to this 'Old Corp' Marine, way back when :smokin:

Green hash coats your power trimmer: must have worked well?
Whatever the weight, it looks good. You are busy ;)

very nice indeed :bravo:

i thought no grow was complete untill you have at least 2 of those fans!!! ive gone threw quite a few myself..

Thanks for all the kind words. The system has flaws but its a workable unit, I will talk about this at a later date. I wanted to record the numbers for the mums before I lose the scrap paper I wrote the numbers on.

Ebb n gro
Dynagrow nute with Protek
1000w hps
5 plants
Special 75 grams
Pineapple Express 94 grams
Powerskunk 82 grams
Bigband 101 grams
Sensistar 92 grams
444 grams total average is .444 grams per watt.

Brilliant, short and sweet. Sgt Joe Friday would approve: "Just the facts, Ma'am"
Thank you, Mr Smith

These moms were not rooted from the cut
With intent, for production of herb
These second career ladies all gave it a go, and
Fortunately posted to observe

They're funky frosty kind that are super fine, but
Maybe not so heavy on the scale?
Good numbers, my friend. Good medicine
They'll not last long enough to go stale :adore:

Mr. Smith,

All the hard work on this project, and especially for sharing your knowledge, is much appreciated! Do not include dams, do not put at a 30 degree angle, and 1000 gph is too much. I hate it when the first words out of my mouth upon entering the grow area are, "Where's the mop?" :)

Thanks & good luck with this and other projects!

What a great grow and a great show, Mr. Smith. I've lurked a couple of times, and have been meaning to pop-in since you started it. This is my favorite grow in a long, long time -- yet I kept forgetting to sub to it. Doh!

Cool experiment, and great detail - kudos!

You also got my POTM vote, and I'm bummed you didn't get more support. A ringed wall of weed this caliber should win any day. You'd think the voters are high! Oh wait...

Anyway.... :bravo:

Sorry for taking so long to get the numbers, I was very lazy when it came to trimming the buds off the sticks and the bella was hanging for quite awhile, good thing I can rehydrate it with humidor balls(binkies).
Handling so much bud at one time is alot of work and I was busy with other things in life.
The weight.
Bigband was 6 ounces.
Powerskunk was 7 ounces.
Sensi Star was 9 ounces.
Pineapple Express was 8 ounces.
Belladona was 13 ounces.
Total weight was over 43 ounces dried weight.
1000w light, over 1200 grams of bud. My gram per watt ratio is 1.2grams per watt.

My opinian of the machine is that it is flawed. Although I didn't need a mop on second run the water delivery is far from perfect. The dams were set more to let the roots get a chance to grow into the water. During the second grow I removed the dams of the center tubes with no ill effects. I would need to veg them out in a different system to get the roots big enough to grow without the dams. The oversize pump puts more disolved oxygen in the resevoir since I run with no bubbles.
I would like to run this machine again but summer kills this room. I think the next run will be with no dams and drip tubes behind every plant site. I will let ya know when and if I do another grow test with this machine but just handling so many clones is alot of work and kinda scary.
Thanks for checking out my thread. Thank you for the props, reps and likes.
I am currently testing another DIY, here's the link if anyone is interested.
1 Plant DIY Recirculating DWC Test

A first rate empirical example of the power of a vertical orientation

20% greater than the bench racer's standard of 1g/w is an impressive showing.

Congrats Mr Smith;)

Congratulations Mr. Smith!

That is an impressive result to say the least. I'm really happy for you exceeding the gram/watt goal. What a cool grow and experiment. Thank you for sharing it. :bravo:

Thank you.
Thank you for checking out my grow test.
To be quite honest I felt uncomfortable running so many plants so if I do upgrade and run the system again I will be reducing the number of plants by half.
This grow test is over but I will post a link if I run the machine again.
If you enjoyed this diy project you should check out my next diy test grow. Here's the link 1 Plant DIY Recirculating DWC Test

Back
Top Bottom