DNA Lemon Skunk Hempy Grow

Sisco your setup looks great!

Of the 9 plants I grew outside and vegged all summer, the tallest got to be about 36" from the top of the soil. I kept having to tie them, supercrop them, anything I could do to keep them low.

If you cut the veg time and tie them aggressively you should be fine. I recommend pre-drilling lots of holes you can use to tie them.

:thumb::goodjob::peacetwo::tokin:

I never even knew about this method of growing. Very cool. This forum has some really good collective knowledge. Every time I read the forums here I learn so much. I would like to try some Hempy buckets maybe next grow. Good luck with the lemon skunk! I am growing some Lemon Diesel and some Papaya from clone. Maybe we could get together and have a fruity bud taste test?!

Hey sisco, good to see you growing again. Nice strain lineup. Good luck my friend, the Lemon Skunk should be a great start.:thumb:

Sisco your setup looks great!

Of the 9 plants I grew outside and vegged all summer, the tallest got to be about 36" from the top of the soil. I kept having to tie them, supercrop them, anything I could do to keep them low.

If you cut the veg time and tie them aggressively you should be fine. I recommend pre-drilling lots of holes you can use to tie them.

:thumb::goodjob::peacetwo::tokin:
Hey BD, Thanks man.. I didn't put too much money into it, but my wife seems to think so.

Yes, I saw your tie down skillz while lurking around. I'm going to be playing Calypso music the whole grow...how low can you go? :ganjamon:

The veg. time is gonna be about 20 days...How do I figure? Just after it finishes it's seedling stage, which I mark at the 4th node, I'll pinch it and stick it back to veg until it fully heals. I think after 20 days it should have healed enough. I have always hit them with 12/12 without going dark for a day.

ps did you know your journal's not in the 'in progress' thread?
No, but you know us cool kids, always sitting in a corner where the "teacher" can't see you. :riskybusiness:
I am convinced. Hempy Grow might be my next project. I'm growing in soil currently. What type of container are you using for the reservoir?

I'm excited to follow this grow. :goodjob:
Welcome to my journal greenthumm, I'm using a 2.5 gallon bucket for my final pot size. I'm using the red solo cups as my starter cups.

The Reservoir is in the cup or container. The whole is placed about 2 inches from the bottom of the container, so what doesn't run out below the whole is your reservoir. I feed my seedlings with a light mix of Micro-nutes, like FF Big Bloom one day and water the next and water the day after that, then hit 'em again with nutes. You can't over water but you can always give them Oxygen IMO.
I never even knew about this method of growing. Very cool. This forum has some really good collective knowledge. Every time I read the forums here I learn so much. I would like to try some Hempy buckets maybe next grow. Good luck with the lemon skunk! I am growing some Lemon Diesel and some Papaya from clone. Maybe we could get together and have a fruity bud taste test?!
Hey Growing, I see you like the Papaya! I loves the Papaya, that's why this time I'm keeping a Mom.

You know I think it's been around a while but not widely used by growers, there may be the difference in Bud taste as DocBud suggested in his new journal..(yes, I'm watching you Mr.) Heehee. You should check out some of his journals. Much better at the explanations than this mere mortal.

I'll be looking around for you, hope to see a link in your signature. Take care:peace:
Hey sisco, good to see you growing again. Nice strain lineup. Good luck my friend, the Lemon Skunk should be a great start.:thumb:

Mmmmick! I couldn't wait to start the journal, I was thinking to wait till I had some mothers grown and clones going but then, I thought "what if I need help getting to that stage" So, here I am.

I know I can count on you and everyone to help me or just give me positive reinforcement. I'm trying my best to document this to the best of my ability, I'm not working as much this week so the beginning is coming out pretty clear, I think. Congrats on your journals, I'm glad to have you aboard.:welcome:

Good Luck. We're all counting on you.LOL I'm along for the ride.:thumb:
molotov, :ciao: Hey there, :welcome: and I hope to have a successful first of many Hempy grows. :blalol: Tag along and we'll see what's what. :)

DFS is my abbreviation for days from sprout*
6 DFS
013240.JPG
012244.JPG

No more hiding in the corner for you!!! You are up in the front of the room now... :)
Looking good Sisco, and you will love the Lemon Skunk.....Instead of drilling holes, get some binder clips and some twine ( not to thin,they will cut into the plant). clip on, clip off simple as apple pie..... I am almost afraid that hempy is to easy, I might get bored and lazy, and that's not a good thing for me, always leads to trouble.... Keep up the good work...

Nice looking little family you've got started there sisco. Here's to a smooth grow.:thumb:

I don't know anything about hempy but I'm always willing to learn. Glad you decided to start your journal now instead of making us wait for the moms to get going. I always enjoy your threads.:nicethread::peace::thanks:

No more hiding in the corner for you!!! You are up in the front of the room now... :)
Looking good Sisco, and you will love the Lemon Skunk.....Instead of drilling holes, get some binder clips and some twine ( not to thin,they will cut into the plant). clip on, clip off simple as apple pie..... I am almost afraid that hempy is to easy, I might get bored and lazy, and that's not a good thing for me, always leads to trouble.... Keep up the good work...
:thedoubletake: Peoples Be IRIE is the reason I joined this forum.. There, I said it.

I was just a lad back in those days... like a year and a half ago. Love your work Sir. :bravo:

Clips and and some twine, got it. Thanks for dropping in Be IRIE any of your tips here will be taken with great interest.
Nice looking little family you've got started there sisco. Here's to a smooth grow.:thumb:

I don't know anything about hempy but I'm always willing to learn. Glad you decided to start your journal now instead of making us wait for the moms to get going. I always enjoy your threads.:nicethread::peace::thanks:
Mmmmick, I do believe it's a great way to learn the Hydro aspect of growing. Baby steps is all it is, you manually do what the pump in the reservoir does. The Ph and ppm are what I need to work on...still have not gotten a Ph pen and don't think I will either. I read allot of posts on how screwed up people get with the adjustments and liquids... pain in the ass.

I'm taking Norcaliwoods advice by going as close to it as possible. :) Thanks for sticking around man :smokin:

I could see a hempy grow in my space sooner or later. For now I've got a few bags and bales of promix to use up. And I still need a buffer to keep things happening a little slower. :rollit::smokin::grinjoint:

Gotta work with what you've got. if your water source is ph stable it should be do-able. Careful and frequent observation of your plants might tell you enough to keep everybody happy. Or Norcali's methods might be perfect for your setup. Good luck ,my friend. I wouldn't miss it.

cool clip.:peace:

I could see a hempy grow in my space sooner or later. For now I've got a few bags and bales of promix to use up. And I still need a buffer to keep things happening a little slower. :rollit::smokin::grinjoint:

Gotta work with what you've got. if your water source is ph stable it should be do-able. Careful and frequent observation of your plants might tell you enough to keep everybody happy. Or Norcali's methods might be perfect for your setup. Good luck ,my friend. I wouldn't miss it.

cool clip.:peace:

Your good to go for a while then. I'm doing what I can, so far no problems to speak of. I'll be posting a pic. of the girls on day 9 DFS in the morning.

I'm very upset today because I was supposed to attend a rally, but because my babysitter canceled on me last night I can't go. Well, there is next January..I'm working with our state chapter on getting that ready. Pretty soon we will be having one in my town too, shooting for early in the summer.:peace:

sisco your grow set up looks awesome, and i must say, i'm super jealous of that lemon skunk. due to procrastination, my garden is without the lemony skunkyness, but i'll be watching and learning from you now as i wait for the updates :popcorn:

:allgood:

Hey I will use some of your hempy idea to set up my hydro bubbleponic what ever they call it. I will use your hempy until the roots is long enough. I find if I go on the big tub right away it will cost me to much money in nutrient. Now my flower room they drinks 5 gallon every 4 or 5 days. I will have to bring them to AA LOL. My littles set up for my hydro clone start to work is about time they didn't have enough nutrient.
Take care

sisco your grow set up looks awesome, and i must say, i'm super jealous of that lemon skunk. due to procrastination, my garden is without the lemony skunkyness, but i'll be watching and learning from you now as i wait for the updates :popcorn:

:allgood:
Hey PhisyPhil, thanks and welcome. :) Dude, get that lazy butt into gear and sprout a LS :) I hope to have some useful info. in this thread for ya' :reading420magazine:
Hey I will use some of your hempy idea to set up my hydro bubbleponic what ever they call it. I will use your hempy until the roots is long enough. I find if I go on the big tub right away it will cost me to much money in nutrient. Now my flower room they drinks 5 gallon every 4 or 5 days. I will have to bring them to AA LOL. My littles set up for my hydro clone start to work is about time they didn't have enough nutrient.
Take care
Peace man, I think you need to just go to Hempy, the cost of nutes can be pretty cheap. You have It'sChrome using BC nutes for like 40 bucks and BlueDog using a Controlled nute release...forget the name... cost is very low. I'm using the FF because it's what I have. I may go to a Slow realease nute like Dynamite for my mothers. Glad to hear you have your clones doing good. :roorrip:
:nomo: Figured was a good time to subscribe on what looks to be a great grow.

And a fun one to follow...love your humor. :)

:peace: brother. +rep

Thanks MountainHigh, I'm one to crack a joke or go along with humorous stories.. gotta be a little nuts around here to fit in. :)

Well, the girls are all doing good. It's been 9 DFS for most and I've been feeding every third day with my 1/4 strength BB.

I think I'll start to mix my Grow Big soon. Pics of the girls will be up this evening.

Hey sisco! Just because you don't think we wanna see pics more often doesn't make it so!

This isn't like the caveman days (when I grew up) when you had to pay for every developed pic. With my skilz about 50% were crappy pics but you couldn't tell that until after you had paid for them.

Great journal as always though :)

Which nutrient do you use to prevent rotten root problem. I use the same brand of my A & B from house and Garden Van de Zwaan from Holland. The same company of your shooting powder. I find if I don't use all the product in the right time my plant have a lack of nutrient. Calcium,phosphate and some of the nutrient i like a flue shoot it prevent before is happen. I have some to increase the yield for big big bud. Like Tim Allen say more power. Me I say more Buds.
Ganja fine cuisine relief me from pain last night.
Love my hobby.

Back
Top Bottom