Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Great information on pruning, Doc and BrixKlinger. I've taken some low branches for cloning, and remove fan leaves when they yellow, but I've been reluctant to do much more aggressive pruning my first time around. I've been in bloom for 2 weeks now, just used my first dose of cat drench; would it be prudent to prune at this point still? My plants are certainly bushy and full of vegetation (you can check out my journal for pics, it's only 3 pages long, last post has pics from today) ... Cheers!

I plan on adding the "Recharge" and some earth worm castings to my pots this week (7 gal). How much EMC would you recommend? I also noticed that i have roots just below the surface. Should I be concerned about digging/scratching the top few inches and damaging roots?

Doc, awesome plants! have you tried/sampled the colombian from your plant yet or you have the will power to wait? :)

Nope! I'm waiting. I'll try the scissor hash tonite or tomorrow depending on when I harvest.

Great information on pruning, Doc and BrixKlinger. I've taken some low branches for cloning, and remove fan leaves when they yellow, but I've been reluctant to do much more aggressive pruning my first time around. I've been in bloom for 2 weeks now, just used my first dose of cat drench; would it be prudent to prune at this point still? My plants are certainly bushy and full of vegetation (you can check out my journal for pics, it's only 3 pages long, last post has pics from today) ... Cheers!

I just pruned mine and I'm at the same basic stage you are.

I plan on adding the "Recharge" and some earth worm castings to my pots this week (7 gal). How much EMC would you recommend? I also noticed that i have roots just below the surface. Should I be concerned about digging/scratching the top few inches and damaging roots?

put an inch of EWC on top of the soil along with the recharge. Scratch it in. It will turn in to a crust in a few days, which is normal. You can break this crust up in a couple weeks if you like. It's due to the Phosphorus and Calcium combining in the soil.

:thumb:Great reassurance on pruning. I just gave most of mine cationic drench and was debating cleaning up the bottom on the Strawberry Banana. I will tonight. Great information!

Springtails are great for our soil. I did and do have beneficial mites in my soil and much prefer it that way!

6 round soil huckleberry. The smoke is still excellent but tossing most of my soil out and starting again with three fresh bales. I believe there is too much organic material in my soil at this point to sustain the hyper active biota I desire.

The smoke has been so good I have a really hard time smoking anything else but my stash.

My Huckleberry Kush got tested at mid-upper 20% cannabinoids, with exceptionally high levels of THC-v, CBG and CBC. Indicative of a slightly early harvest, or possibly high Brix traits, in line with the never ambering trichomes. In either case a longer bloom would be more thc, or keep it same and we get the individual and entourage effects of a full spectrum of cannabinoids. Really excited about the high thc-v percentage!

image27891.jpg

That makes sense! Because our stuff never really degrades on the stem it must just continue to develop the cannabinoids. Hmmm...ill have to test that theory too :)

Hey Doc and gang, since I am finally getting close to a HB harvest I would like some input on how you finish your plants. Tangerine Dream is just finishing week 9 of supposedly 10 week flowering time. I gave her growth at the beginning of week 9, should I hit her again at week 10 with growth or switch to transplant or any other recommendation? I think I read to finish on growth, not sure. Any tips appreciated, thanks gang!
:thanks:

Hey Doc and gang, since I am finally getting close to a HB harvest I would like some input on how you finish your plants. Tangerine Dream is just finishing week 9 of supposedly 10 week flowering time. I gave her growth at the beginning of week 9, should I hit her again at week 10 with growth or switch to transplant or any other recommendation? I think I read to finish on growth, not sure. Any tips appreciated, thanks gang!
:thanks:

Finish on Growth...Thats what Doc suggests..

and Brix 'em last week too..:)

Niko, You are doing great!! :)

Finish on Growth...Thats what Doc suggests..

and Brix 'em last week too..:)

Niko, You are doing great!! :)

I like to do exactly this ^^ but it's a personal preference of mine. Try a few different ways and see how you like it?

What I've found is that when I finish on GE and Brix the buds dry into a sticky, raisin-like consistency due to all the sugars. I don't get this with Transplant or Cat Drench as much, but then again, they have a flavor all their own too.

How do you end a song? There is no correct way, except that most believe (and ears approve) of staying in the same key for the last few chords. In other words, as long as you don't use BudFactor X or some other miracle product you'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom