Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Hey doc, all this talk about the OG drench.......I have a handful of chemdawg femmed that I wanna try, what do OG strains do in HB without the OG drench? Other than smell and taste obviously. Thanks..

They grow and yield well....but the smoke is meh. Great effect, smooth....but nothing like the OG smell and taste.

Definitely use the drench on those. That's exactly the type of strain it is designed for.

Hello there, I have been absent for a while but I think I´ve already catch up with all the new info. Its always a delight to go through all these forum´s HB threads, specially this one. Magnificients plants Doc, your´re right on the spot, where cannabis growing should be.
I wanted to say something about 2 things I noticed were being discussed earlier:

Since I went Doc Buds HB kit I´m free of gnats/pests. And on the contrary, I invited some nice buddies to predate on the flies, ants or any posible dangerous insects. They entered the tent the moment the plants began tillering, actually the Tarantula entered a month earlier.
IMG-20150124-WA0006.jpg

It´s great to see how all the ecology starts flowing the moment things get tuned up. Rich fertile soil invites healthy communities, as shown in this microenviroment. :circle-of-love: Great things always start from invisible details, and the kit has sorted a great deal of them in cannabis growing.

Also, germ rate went way up. And its the simplest method. I just sprinkle with Roots! on some moist HB soil and put a bean in it. 4-5 days you get to see emergence, and the growth is really vigorous.
IMG-20141230-WA0005.jpg

Nearly 100% germ rate. These are some guerrilla grown beans that a friend got on some hills, the closest to local landrace you get in my country, they showed obvious colombian influence. 19 out of 20 sprouted, and got me 4 females. They all germinated under 12/12 hps below the canopy of the other gorgeous flowering HB plants.
Once again, thank you Doc! :thanks: This method simplifies growing so much, it leaves room for a lot of empirical learning too. Never going back.

I'm tarantula free thank god. I'd burn my room if I saw that Damn thing. Jesus man. F that. That's why I love a sterile environment

I actually like Tarantulas. We've got lots of them around here, and they're fun to pick up and watch, etc.

I wouldn't want one in the grow room....too afraid I'd step on it.

As for indoor gardening.....clean is the word! Broom, bleach, mop.....extremely important.

If it bites or stings I'm not a fan. Plus spiders freak me out. Thank god I live in a rainforest with very Lil venomous creatures. Yikes.

Clean is the word for sure. Clean controlled environments are the key component in growing.

Brooming and moping, I do it every week! I just wouldn't sweep away beneficial predators.
They are indeed harmless. We have lethal spiders around, they are like a plague and you can find lots of them in every house. Its advised for the community to keep-natural predators spiders around and the places neat and clean.
When you get to know them, is actually fun to watch em develop as well as the gals.

There is no substitute for experience!

You're not the first to say that, but, I might put that in my signature.

Hey Doc

Couple quick questions. Stopped at a nursery today that I'm a regular at, saw some and picked up some pro mix.

I'm wondering if this is what you use for your kit?

Thinking maybe I'll finally try your kit, if so.

How does your kit do for autos? I'm thinking I'll run autos on it to start this summer. Then see where it goes.

20150425_122151.jpg

Thanks for all you do, Doc! :thanks:

Hey Doc

Couple quick questions. Stopped at a nursery today that I'm a regular at, saw some and picked up some pro mix.

How does your kit do for autos? I'm thinking I'll run autos on it to start this summer. Then see where it goes.

20150425_122151.jpg

Also your yield with the kit will beat organic. My Dutch in the kit is actually gonna yield more than the HandG one. Not the same results with others.

Ive had several pet tarantulas and emperor scorpions! Theyre harmless! I used to ket my spider crawl up my face and sit on my head lmao :)

We had the same pets at one time or another too scrubby. Our scorpion gave birth and we had dozens of babies riding around on her until she she ate them all. The kids got a lesson that day! Life and death go hand in hand.

The tarantula was the most fun. Harmless and beautiful.

Good info, DP. I was driving by his shop for weeks seeing the bales in his greenhouse. Today i finally saw him outside and asked. I'll use it for something. But,,, I'm very tempted to try Doc's. Only problem is my soil is already cooked and decided for my photos. But, I could try it later this summer on a round of autos.

Good info, DP. I was driving by his shop for weeks seeing the bales in his greenhouse. Today i finally saw him outside and asked. I'll use it for something. But,,, I'm very tempted to try Doc's. Only problem is my soil is already cooked and decided for my photos. But, I could try it later this summer on a round of autos.

I think you'd enjoy exploring the different living soils. I hope you do try the kit because I know you'd make it look easy. With your talent for documentation it should take more of the intimidation factor out of the equation.

Hey Doc

20150425_122151.jpg

Hey medman........that is actually the same promix I got....I does have the biofungicide in it, I guess doc doesn't prefer that but it is working for me....here is a jack herer that actually started in just the promix and then converted with some help from the hb guys......
image23642.jpg

In other words or pics, it will work.....:thumb:

Yup. Mine doest have the bio fungicide. Never really looked.

Try the kit at least once mass. Get a kit cook the soil roughly 30 days we will rock some hb plants together as well.

I know this is a little late but I've been absent this week. Anyway the question on using portable air conditioners for a sealed room is a no go! Those units exhaust the condenser air out of the room, through an open window or into another area besides the grow room. You will pull the grow room into a negative pressure. The portable air conditioners only work where there is significant air infiltration which is the exact opposite of a sealed room. Hope that helps someone from wasting some money. The ductless split or a through the wall/window unit is the way to go in a sealed room. :peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom