Does this plant look overwatered? Wilting?

This is the schedule I followed for the fox farm trios. The PPM was before feeding not a run off measurement. I haven’t done a runoff measurement because I haven’t fed enough to get runoff yet.

I also started the feeding schedule at week 2

it looks ok then. it might be a little ahead but it's not a bad thing. didn't know you were on 700 scale either. 500 is kind of north american default. it's spot on for a 700 scale ppm.

i still don't like tsp for a measure. or are these all dry nutes ?

it looks ok then. it might be a little ahead but it's not a bad thing. didn't know you were on 700 scale either. 500 is kind of north american default. it's spot on for a 700 scale ppm.

No the trio is liquid so BIG BLOOM WAS 20 ML GROW BIG WAS 5 ML and CALMAG was 2 ML The STASH BLEND was 1/2 TSP which is 5 ML

Yes I believe I’m in the 700 scale for PPM not the 500 As I’m in the US

No the trio is liquid so BIG BLOOM WAS 20 ML GROW BIG WAS 5 ML and CALMAG was 2 ML The STASH BLEND was 1/2 TSP which is 5 ML

caps brother caps ... no one cares if you shout.

US is 500 scale. you are great for 700. don't worry.
This scale thing your speaking of means nothing to me as for the recommended PPM for my grow is 700 ppm

As for the shouting I think your being funny but if not I don’t want this to turn into a argument so let’s stick to questions and answers and not sarcasm

Here’s clear photos for the plant in question.

IMG_1874.jpeg

IMG_1873.jpeg

IMG_1872.jpeg

IMG_1871.jpeg

Dont trip to hard over molehills.... Slightly over or slightly under is no problem as long as it doesn't persist. From my end your plants look fine... Light droop yes but nothing crazy.

As mentioned a number of times the lift method is what I swear by.... Not the actual numerical weight.... But feel.

If you go to Lift the plant and almost throw it through your roof then water ....if you go to pick it up and you have to exert a little effort then wait.

And it's ok to wait an extra day if your not sure. For example below is my plant that I let go an extra day with out water...... Super droop 😱...which yours doesn't even come close to this look.
IMG_20240501_155716055_HDR.jpg

And after watering and 20 minutes they were just fine.
IMG_20240501_164807302_HDR.jpg

Hope this can give you a little piece of mind.

I understand those techniques for how to tell if it dry or still wet but yes I’m a new grower and don’t feel comfortable trying to do that as it would be hard for me to tell days later if the pot has become dry or if it feels like the same weight. I decided I’m just going to let the plants dry out until they show signs of being dried out so I don’t repeat the overwatering. Is this an ok way to be sure of not overwatering?
Keep at it and you will become used to it. Get in the habit of picking up the pot the same way.

I pick up smaller pots like up to 2 gallons with one had. Picking up the pot with my right hand will feel different than with my left. Picking up a pot with both hands and it will feel lighter especially if I have been using only one hand for awhile. Bending over and reaching out will make the pot feel heavier than when it is right in front and easy to reach.

Dont trip to hard over molehills.... Slightly over or slightly under is no problem as long as it doesn't persist. From my end your plants look fine... Light droop yes but nothing crazy.

As mentioned a number of times the lift method is what I swear by.... Not the actual numerical weight.... But feel.

If you go to Lift the plant and almost throw it through your roof then water ....if you go to pick it up and you have to exert a little effort then wait.

And it's ok to wait an extra day if your not sure. For example below is my plant that I let go an extra day with out water...... Super droop 😱...which yours doesn't even come close to this look.
IMG_20240501_155716055_HDR.jpg

And after watering and 20 minutes they were just fine.
IMG_20240501_164807302_HDR.jpg

Hope this can give you a little piece of mind.
Thanks for the info and reassurance those plants look sweet

Keep at it and you will become used to it. Get in the habit of picking up the pot the same way.

I pick up smaller pots like up to 2 gallons with one had. Picking up the pot with my right hand will feel different than with my left. Picking up a pot with both hands and it will feel lighter especially if I have been using only one hand for awhile. Bending over and reaching out will make the pot feel heavier than when it is right in front and easy to reach.
Well as they seem happy now and only a slight droop I will wait a few days to dry them out completely and do the lift technique and then water and lift again to get a feel for it

I feel like the added 2 cups of recharge may have helped
Maybe, maybe not. The Recharge is a product that will give a boost to the number and types of micro-organisms in the soil. It is not a fertilizer itself. With a recommended dosage of mixing a half teaspoon per gallon of water it has to be hard to come up a small quantity like 2 cups worth of Recharged water.

It might be a contributor to the nice dark green color of the plants. Some growers have mentioned a deeper green color for their plants once they started using just about any product that adds micro-organisms to the soil. The use of these types of products are often like using a brewed compost tea. And, like compost teas the recommendation is to use it once a week to keep the numbers of micro-organisms in the soil as high as possible.

Some growers use these types of products and some don't.

Similar products include Down To Earth's 'Bio-Live' or Fox Farm's 'Big Bloom'.

This is the schedule I followed for the fox farm trios.
I see mention of the 'Big Bloom' and 'Grow Big'. Do you have the Tiger Bloom already? If your plants are going into the actual flowering you will have to start using it soon. If the plants are just showing pre-flower signs it should be OK to hold off.

... was 1/2 TSP which is 5 ML
Double check that. Mr. Google and my set of measuring spoons both have a teaspoon at 5 ml and a tablespoon is 3 teaspoons or 15 ml.

Measuring means filling a level teaspoon or tablespoon when using liquids. If using a dry product then whatever is placed in the measuring spoon should be leveled off unless the directions say something along the lines of a 'heaping teaspoon' or similar.

The Big Bloom is a similar product to the Recharge and does the same sort of thing for the soil.

As for the shouting I think your being funny but if not I don’t want this to turn into a argument so let’s stick to questions and answers and not sarcasm
It is a real thing. Using all caps is considered shouting in the world of communicating over the internet. Many readers find it harder to read and figure out what someone is trying to communicate if everything is capitals. And some of us end up reading slower.

There are people who have problems with their eyesight and will type in all caps but they mention that there is a problem with their eyes.

Back
Top Bottom