Double Double Soil and Bubbles

Yeah I'm sticking around,I like to sit in the background a bit more though. I try and hit the threads as much as possible. Mostly Crazy is very insightful and trust me when I say he's defiantly a great person to have around. Hes a very knowledgeable grower and friend. I wasn't around for a bit, due to PC issues. But its all good now, you got it though. With caring for your room the way you've done, you should be all good.

As for the germing seeds thing, let me know when your giving it your next try (via PM). And I'll do my best to walk you through it. I suggest getting some bag seeds and giving a round. You don't have to grow them, just germ them. Practice makes perfect. A bag of seeded meds, aka Brickweed, should give you enough beans to learn the process. Then when your ready and confident, think about some quality seeds. i.e KC Brains Seeds Great quality! Then that way when your ready, you can think about some gentics thats at the top of your list. Just a suggestion though.:goodluck:

I've got lots and lots of seeds to practice with. My problem is I think they may be bad or really really dry. I did find some seeds in my allegedly Sensi White Widow that I paid top dollar for, but until I get the mites under control, No more seed germing.

Hydro guy said the Home Defense will kill the ladybugs, do you concur with this?

GD, Congrats on getting all to join your family, and the son on the football team.

Bummer about the mites. Your getting good advice on the mites. Not sure what your vegetation is like around your house, but if you have roses and or other flowers outside chances are there are spider mites. The'll float in the wind, land on your clothes and make there way in. It just happens. Control is key. Keep a good 3-5 day spray pattern going for 4-5 applications. Then spray less often just to make sure. Mix small batches of Aza-max/trol. I have found it tends to loose strength after sitting for more then 24 hours. Azamax will kill adults, but will not kill the eggs, so that is the reason for multi apps. Also click on the ads here at 420 for the SNS 217. Stuff kills mites, eggs, and is organic so it is really safe around people and pets.

As for the health center, they lie all day long. Think of the last time they honestly told you some smoke was not good. Anything you ask them about the smoke the Centers will tell you it is good stuff if not fire. Can't count how many times I've been disappointed with this 1/8th or that one because it had no taste, had premie beans, or was hermied.

Hope the noggin is better.

GD, Congrats on getting all to join your family, and the son on the football team.

Bummer about the mites. Your getting good advice on the mites. Not sure what your vegetation is like around your house, but if you have roses and or other flowers outside chances are there are spider mites. The'll float in the wind, land on your clothes and make there way in. It just happens. Control is key. Keep a good 3-5 day spray pattern going for 4-5 applications. Then spray less often just to make sure. Mix small batches of Aza-max/trol. I have found it tends to loose strength after sitting for more then 24 hours. Azamax will kill adults, but will not kill the eggs, so that is the reason for multi apps. Also click on the ads here at 420 for the SNS 217. Stuff kills mites, eggs, and is organic so it is really safe around people and pets.

As for the health center, they lie all day long. Think of the last time they honestly told you some smoke was not good. Anything you ask them about the smoke the Centers will tell you it is good stuff if not fire. Can't count how many times I've been disappointed with this 1/8th or that one because it had no taste, had premie beans, or was hermied.

Hope the noggin is better.

I live at high altitude, so buffalo grass, wildflowers, sage, tumbleweeds, a couple of trees, Blue Spruces' under 3 feet tall. Ponderosa Pines throughout the area.

Yea I figured he was lying, I saw the spots on the plants when I got them but assumed (wrongly) they were ozone spots from his lights.

I'm gonna get rid of these suckers. I hate bugs...

I've got lots and lots of seeds to practice with. My problem is I think they may be bad or really really dry. I did find some seeds in my allegedly Sensi White Widow that I paid top dollar for, but until I get the mites under control, No more seed germing.

Hydro guy said the Home Defense will kill the ladybugs, do you concur with this?

Home defense will, use them as a control through-out the grow. In order for them to work effectively you have to keep them around from the start. This allows the ladybugs to colonize, which is a good thing. So I would get the lady bugs after the treatment as a regular defense, if that makes sense. Unless your planning to use the spray on a regular bais, in that case the ladybugs would die, as your hydro guy stated.

Home defense will, use them as a control through-out the grow. In order for them to work effectively you have to keep them around from the start. This allows the ladybugs to colonize, which is a good thing. So I would get the lady bugs after the treatment as a regular defense, if that makes sense. Unless your planning to use the spray on a regular bais, in that case the ladybugs would die, as your hydro guy stated.

Ok I'm learning all this as I go. Now I know why in every single grow guide not to start from clones. But it's hit and miss either way. From what I gather, mites are pretty prevalent.

Now this is a stupid question. But do ladybugs bite people? I have many insect bite allergies and I don't want to add to it. ;)

I guess I am going to just figure out something that works within the scope of my physical limitations, (blood disorders and allergies) and find a good solution that works for me.

Thank you again for coming in and walking this newbie through this. I really do appreciate it, and if it would let me rep all of you again, I would!

They do bite, it rare to get bitten though. I've worked with them a million times. I've stuck my hands in a batch of 1000 and was fine. But in your case having an allergic reaction can be bad. Better safe then sorry. Since they are available to you and you choose to use some, get some as the plant matures then just drop them in. And let them do their thing natrually, its crazy they get fat as hell when they eat alot. Other then that use waht you can. :goodluck:

..Oh and SNS217 works great, trust me I did a review here for it heres the link:

My Experience Using Sierra Natural Science Spider Mite Spray

Trust me the picts say it all.

They do bite, it rare to get bitten though. I've worked with them a million times. I've stuck my hands in a batch of 1000 and was fine. But in your case having an allergic reaction can be bad. Better safe then sorry. Since they are available to you and you choose to use some, get some as the plant matures then just drop them in. And let them do their thing natrually, its crazy they get fat as hell when they eat alot. Other then that use waht you can. :goodluck:

..Oh and SNS217 works great, trust me I did a review here for it heres the link:

My Experience Using Sierra Natural Science Spider Mite Spray

Trust me the picts say it all.

I ordered a free sample today thanks to FrostyBuds suggestion via PM.

I'm gonna go with the neem, and azatrol. Both are organic, right? At least azamax is...

I'll also order that stuff too after I use up all the sample of course ;)

I have too many allergies to deal with something that is non organic... Chemicals and me are usually bad.

Now for pics of my bounty from my Dispensary White Widow Purchase. SEEDS!!!

DSC030661.JPG

DSC030651.JPG

DSC030641.JPG

So in trade I got 8 seeds for Spidermites :rollingeyes::confused:

Spider mites do not like Orange Oil extract ;)

I am seeing fewer and fewer every time I spray...

GD, you licked those mites pretty quickly.:goodjob: That will teach them to mess with a tall lady.:) One way to minimize exposure to disease when introducing off-site clones is to quarantine them for a few days. Then your supplier can't dispute that he/she is the source if any critters or fungi show up.

They aren't gone yet....

But I am seeing DEAD SPIDER MITES in the water reservoirs under a magnifying glass.

I will be VIGILIANT!!! NO MERCY!!! ;)

On another note. Sprout has come out relatively unscathed. No evidence of spider mites. I pulled her just in time I think. But she is getting the borg spray lightly on her just in case, and will be getting neem and azatrol.

Looks like you got top of the line assistance Galadriel. You will get past all your problems with these guys!:goodjob:
Thanks Woods!

How is the recovery from the fall through the deck coming along? Is your arm still giving you issues?

Back
Top Bottom