Double strawberry diesel

flyfishinrock

Hello Everyone, this time around I purchased 10 beans by Reservoir Seeds called Double Strawberry Diesel. This is what it is supposed to look like when done..
9842503.jpg

Its a 9 to 10 week Sativa\Indica mix leaning towards the sativa side, there are three phenotypes I should expect to see; a lanky sativa with very high resin output, a shorter bushier sativa dominant pheno (which is the one I'm after) with high resin and thicker buds and branching, and a more indica dominant variety that I couldn't find ANY info on so I'm assuming its not on the same plane of desirability or doesn't show very often.
My lighting for germination and early veg are 2 double three ft. fluorescent's, and one double 4 ft fluorescent. Veg will be either a 400 MH (i need to replace the bulb) or a 400 HPS. Flowering will be a 1000HPS in an environmentally controlled 4'5" x 4'5" grow tent.
I have decided not to go hydro but soil this run, as the hydro is taking way too much of my time as of late. Soil will be a 50-50 mix of Happy Frog and FF Ocean Forest, with 20% perlite, 10% sphagnum moss, and some fine dolomite lime added. I intend to try an all organic crop.

I soaked the seeds over night to crack the shells, then did the paper towel method to coax the taproots out. After a day 9 out of 10 had emerged. Next I soaked some 1 1/2" Rockwool cubes in ph 5.5 tap water for an hour, I then flushed and soaked the cubes in a solution of 1tbsp FF Big Bloom and one teaspoon of GH Vegan compost tea per gallon. After that I carefully moved the babies to the cubes planting the root down, with the top of the seed about an eighth of an inch deep with nothing covering them. I put them into my humidity dome and placed as close as possible to the lights (about 6").
This pic is through the dome, a few hours after the transplant, you can see one up already and how shallow the others are planted:
00253.JPG

These are today, a day later; Eight are up, one almost, one maybe the non-cracker might be upside down:
01226.JPG

Little overview of there home:
01415.JPG

I still have the humidity lid on to keep the warmth in, but it is now raised on one side about 3/4 of an inch to allow fresh air exchange. Not alot to look at right now, but if you have any questions, comments, or concerns feel free to post em. :thanks: for looking

Re: DOUBLE STRAWBERRY DIESEL reservoir seeds

looking good. I have some STRAWBERRY DIESEL going now. I wish I could grow some of that but I am on double secret probation.

"double secret probation" I know that's a quote from something funny.cant remember what.:popcorn:

Re: DOUBLE STRAWBERRY DIESEL reservoir seeds

I did a transplant last evening into some little pots (about the size of a fist) with the fore mentioned soil mix.I went this small for two reasons, 1st its a little chilly in the evenings and I didnt want the pots to take two weeks to dry out, and secondly I am not sure if the mix is still too "hot" for them.
01033.JPG

I figured it was time as half had roots popping out the bottom of the rockwool cubes.
00847.JPG

This is their new home for a bit, until the real veg room opens up.
00939.JPG

No more humidity dome from here on out.

I just found out that Billy Powell, the piano man of Lynard Skynard passed away on January 28th, I would like to dedicate this song to Billy and his family, my prayers are with them all.:thanks: "Was I Right or Wrong"

I believe the transplant went well, all seedlings are looking healthy and have squeezed out the first set of true leaves.:slide:

How much were those seed running for and where'd you get them...Has it been hard working taking care of these sexy looking plants of yours

Thanks ms fox, yeah they stretched a bit when in the dome but are now getting blasted with light and a lil bit of wind.
flightkb, thanks for lookin in and welcome to 420. The seeds were 40 bucks, and they are all gone. Res. seeds is doing no more with the strawberry strains. Guess its time for them to move on...Cant tell you where I get them...gotta plead the 5th on that one!lol The other plants are mostly white widow with a few mazaar I shariff and they were a bugger, but they do appear to be healthy at the moment though.

nice, I have some fem-Strawberry Cough I can't wait to start growing, probably gonna do a few of those after I get done with my first grow. I'm still a noobie! can't wait to see ur final product, subscribed!

Thanks U-fox and Dweeden, came home tuesday night and one seedling was laying down so I busted out the turkey baster and put some H2O onto the rockwool. I guess the root structure wasnt big enough yet to pull the moisture from the soil. It was standing back up within a few hours. :p Guess I'll watch out for that the next few days.

everything is going very well for the time being, not alot to report. They have one or two sets of leaves more than in the pic above, and looking pretty darn healthy. They need water every 2 or three days, one or two turkey basters full. dont know how much that is, lol. So far I am enjoying the soil, no bugs yet and I dont have to adjust the ph everyday. yea!!:slide:

HAHA no bugs yet. I love it. My frosty ladies are chugging along despite the gnat problem. Sadly some gnats get stuck to the sticky triches which is just disgusting. They look so purdy i cant wait to watch them get all big and sparkly.

My buddy came through with some clones for me to try out.:passitleft: I got one: DJ Short Blu Berry, topp 44, purple passion, chocolate chunk, and two grape krush. :whoa::amen::drool: I am a little excited, lol, variety is the spice of life. These are all rooted in 2x2 rockwool cubes already, I transplanted them each into the same soil mix as the DSD when I got home. They are all a lil bit neglected, but mostly look like they just got done being cloned and need some TLC. I believe I am gonna get a fully established bullrider also, a small bush by the sounds of things. lol that would be sweet!!
Since these are about the same size as the DSD I will go ahead and put them into the grow as well. It should work out good as I expect half males out of the seeds, once they are removed I will have the room in my tent for the others. I am allowed 12 flowering but dont think that would really fit in the tent I have, so I plan on doing a rotating harvest, I will start with the DSD and a plant or two of one of the others, then add another after a week, and so on. I will have to investigate the strains a bit to work out the rotating schedule, at least hypothetically speaking. whatever dosent make it into the tent will be cloned and flowered with the DSD male of choice in a small closet.
I gotta go roll up a fatty and do some researching, heyyy what a minute........I think I'll try to find it on here!!

thank you cherma, I guess I was getting run ragged and needed a change of pace.

I found the info I was looking for on the strains,

DJ SHORT's
Blueberry :
Mostly Indica.. Blueberry is a mostly Indica (80% Indica, 20% Sativa) strain, that dates to the late 1970's. A large producer under optimum conditions. A dense and stout plant with red, purple and finally blue hues, that usually cure to a lavender blue. The finished product has a very fruity aroma and taste of blueberry. It produces a notable and pleasantly euphoric high of the highest quality and is very long lasting. Medium to large calyxes. "Blueberry" has a long shelf life, stores well over a long period." Height 0.7-1m Flowering time 7 to 8 weeks.

DJ SHORT's Grape Krush
Indoor
A very productive hybrid of high quality. This plant exhibits partial to full leaf deformities of the "crinkle" type but with good structure and heavy bud production of large calyxes, a high yield plant. The buds express a strong sharp/fruity odor with a distinct sweet/grape flavor brought out in the cure. A strong, long-lasting head/body mix is evident in the finished product. An exciting, but not "racy" head, and a mild narcotic body, very euphoric and desirable effects that most seasoned heads prefer. Yields are above average.
Indoor Flowering 7 to 9 weeks

NIRVANA'
Top44 is one of our top commercial strains. Top 44 is our fastest flowering variety which under ideal conditions can be ready in ~6 weeks. This strain stays low and does not branch to much making it ideal for confined gardens or sea of green farming. Top 44 is a strong easy to grow plant and a great selection for the first timer. Top 44 has also proven to be a great balcony producer. The smoke is deep and skunky with a long lasting buzz.
* Plant type: Best suitable for indoor growing.
* Plant height: Short- Mostly Indica
* Stoned or high?: Stoney yet high- Allround Buzz
* THC level: Medium 8-15%
* Flowering Weeks: 6/8
* Yield (Sea of Green on one m2) : 400-500
* Harvest Month: 9
* Grow difficulty: Easy (Good for beginners)

THSeeds
Chocolate Chunk
Indoor
Chunky solid Indica that flowers in 56 days. Deep hashy flavor with a narcotic bite, dark green super wide leaves and over- exaggerated structure show you that this plant is a true indica.
Profile: Type : pure Indica
Height: 100-125 cm
Yield: 350-400 p.s.m
Indoor flowering Time: 55-60 days.

Dutch Passion's
PURPLE PASSION
Indoor
9-11 weeks
A beautiful indica/sativa hybrid. By it´s blue/purple shades a very decorative plant. At harvest time the buds turn lavender blue to aubergine. The buds are grey from THC-glands. The buds are hard and the plant is very productive. It has a fresh, sweet and herbal aroma and taste. The energetic "High" last for a very long time.

Back
Top Bottom