Double strawberry diesel

Well to day was the day to harvest the three DSD's as the trichomes are approximately 50% amber. I will de-seed and do a tester with the seeded branch from each plant this sunday evening. I feel like a kid in a candy store...lol

As this journal is starting to wrap up I want to thank everyone who posted comments and or suggestions, as well as those who have been watching from a distance. Thank you all, and stay tuned for the smoke report.

I did some rough manicuring today, I will trim em up better as I puff away. hehe Also sorry bout the pics as my batteries crapped out on me and I'm broke so these will have to make due. I havent really smoked any yet except off the bottom branches, (which were seeded) so a smoke report will probably be tomorrow (I also want a buddy to help keep things honest lol). What I have smoked was awfully potent, and fairly good tasting but needs to cure. Total weight (i did actually weigh it this time) 128 dry grams (4.5 oz), we had unseasonably warm weather and it dried a bit too quick and I fear a bit too much....I jar'd about half of each and am gonna enjoy the rest while those nugs cure. :grinjoint:
The breeding went well in my opinion, I havent found any stray seeds yet, and I have approximately 80 seeds from the dsd x dsd crossing
Lita
005120.JPG

006112.JPG

Angie
007102.JPG

00987.JPG

Jolene
01087.JPG

01370.JPG

Some of the bounty thats being cured
01454.JPG

Smoke report tomorrow........:peace:

wow. those things look sugar coated!! +++reps buddy, great job, wait for the curing to end!

Thank you guys, for your kind words and reps (even if ya couldn't). Gonna take a fat joint of each plant to a poker game tonight and get a few different opinions for the smoke report:passitleft:. Should be kind of fun!!

Yeah Pan, I think and hope I will have some winners out of the bunch. I pulled about 20 beans each of Lita and Jolene and about 40 from Angie. All together I'm looking at a seed stash of 300 or so seeds for future excursions.:grinjoint: I know I'm no professional breeder, but I borrowed enough good genetics from the pros to at least get some lucky genetic combination's that will whoop arse. :cheer: Well I have some grinding and rolling to do :joint: , so gotta run.......:peace:

Thanks Potpie, as to a smoke report here she is...........

The joints were a "hit" and everyone liked the smoke except "Bill", who is always the harshest critic.....he thought it tasted like poop and made him a bit paranoid/anxious. I expected this as hes never smoked weed that was to his standards, even sshaze wasn't very good to him. So like in diving, his low score will be tossed, lol.The rest of us thought it had a good berry smell, as well as a berry taste at first; quickly changing to a diesel/fuel after taste. Not the most tasty of plants IMO, but also not bad tasting (especially if you like the flavor of diesel strains), its no grape ape though which tastes like fruity pebbles to me. The high was mostly euphoric, with the occasional head rush followed by a massive munchie attack. They were all very similar, with the exception of Angie as she packed a lil bit more punch and had a slightly better yield. Even Bill admitted he was baked after she was passed around.

I think that, scratch that, I know that I will flower all three again and then make my final choice as to who the mother will be for the perpetual crop. The Choc Chunk was pulled today and will be phased out of the garden, due to lack of yield and lack of patience (both my fault), lol. Blue Berry is looking killer as well as the grape crush, they will both make another appearance in the flower room (I got another clone from the same B.B. mother ;) )

Well thats all I can think of, any questions? :thanks: all

dude, i could not agree more with your stance on berry flavor. i am a huge fan of the berryness!! :rollit: i have a grow right now with 2-4 fem strawberry cough growing. might add a few random strains, dunno yet. glad to hear the grow went well and you got some good stuff. sux that it didn't taste great, but at least now you know how that strain grows and tastes. always a winner. +reps if i can

Thank you all, the tasting went well for the most part. I would just like to say that I would recommend this strain if the chance presents itself, as its quality is high, the yield is acceptable (I think LSTing them will create a better than average yield), and they are an "easy" plant to grow. My only knock would be the lack of disease resistance, which could be controlled with a more diligent effort.

Got 30 seeds from the chocolate chunk x DSD today, these suckers are monster beans about the size of a seed from an orange lol, well actually more like an apple. They are drying and will be stored like the others; seperated, bagged and dated.

I am not sure if I will journal the next run but I may, if I do it will be another journal all together. I still have the blue berry to finish out this journal and she is getting close, I will start the flush in two days I believe.

Thank you all, the tasting went well for the most part. I would just like to say that I would recommend this strain if the chance presents itself, as its quality is high, the yield is acceptable (I think LSTing them will create a better than average yield), and they are an "easy" plant to grow. My only knock would be the lack of disease resistance, which could be controlled with a more diligent effort.

Got 30 seeds from the chocolate chunk x DSD today, these suckers are monster beans about the size of a seed from an orange lol, well actually more like an apple. They are drying and will be stored like the others; seperated, bagged and dated.

I am not sure if I will journal the next run but I may, if I do it will be another journal all together. I still have the blue berry to finish out this journal and she is getting close, I will start the flush in two days I believe.

Very nice Fly.:smokin:
Great seeds for another run.:slide:
Yum Blueberry.:bong:

Pan4

Thanks Pan, I forgot I also have the purple Passion thats finishing up right now as well, should be done about the same time as the blue berry, 1 or 2 weeks.

I put one of each dsd into the tent over the last week and a half, staggering the dates a bit. These are all about 36" tall and lst'd and/or supercropped. I suspect I will be able to improve the yield this run with a better understanding of the ff's nutes, and the bushier plants. My goal is to get 3 oz's per plant befor the summer heat hits, but we will see if that happens ;)

Also the DSD is curing very nicely, the flavor is MUCH improved. All my friends want some and cant figure out where I'm getting it from, lol. One of the guys from the tasting party gave a bud I floated him to his wife to ration out to him, he said its his favorite yet and wants to make sure it lasts. I gotta admit that was very nice to hear.

I am glad they like it too, but I grow for me and the truth is I am really begining to like it also ;) . I did a taster bowl of the choclate chunk and found it to be awfully harsh, she didnt get a very good flush and I feel thats probably why. The high was definitely of the couch lock variety, with powerful munchies coming on quickly.
I stuck 15 cuttings yesterday, 5 from each dsd to begin the next run. I was hoping to have alot of early clones for an outdoor summer crop, but the durban seeds didnt sprout.......so nothing this year.....damn.
gotta run to the river, have a great day yall!

Back
Top Bottom