Double strawberry diesel

^ thank you!
I think the cause was not putting anything in the soil to bump the K up, even though I did with the N and P; next time I will add some green sand.
The Neptune's harvest I am using is npk 2-3-1 I think that also didn't help. I have the full range of FF's nutes (liq and soluble) but haven't given them a full dose yet. I did however give them a teaspoon per gallon of Liquid Kool Bloom by General Hydro its 0-10-10 yesterday rather than straight water.

I think tomorrow I will check the ph and ec of the runoff to make sure I am not overlooking a lock out situation.

Looking through my old paper journals I feel like I am being too cautious with my nute regimen, but I also haven't much experience with ff's nutes or soil. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. The highest consentration I have used is 75% on the fert schedule and that was only once; about a week and a half ago.
Also the Neptune's says for indoor plants use 1 TBSP which I have been doing every other watering, I may try doubling that on a plant in veg to see if that's too much or if 4-6-2 works better for me.

sorry I'm kind of bouncing back and forth here, lol

no worries man, nuting is a complicated thing. every plant has different needs, unless it's a clone, haha. it's about seeing problems as early as possible and fixing them in a timely fashion. I mean, hell, look at my journal, there was a time back in the end of Feb where i was fucking up everything! but i am a noob...

I gotta ask, why are you making all of them grow seeds? i've always felt that energy wasted growing seeds is energy that could be spent on growing bud. unless you're specifically trying to grow a specific phenotype, why not just clone a good one and keep it alive forever?

Here is how my current MK GWS grow is beeing fed with FF products ..plus a couple others...:

Veg:

Once plant is 2.5-3 weeks..

Every Other Watering-
Grow Big 10ml per gallon 1st and 2nd feeding then 15ml every watering until bud sets start to show.
Cal-Mag+ 5ml per gallon
FF Big Bloom 30 ml per gallon

Bloom: When bud sets start to show. Not day 1 of 12/12
Every Watering
FF Tiger Bloom 15ml per gallon
Cal-Mag+ 5ml per gallon
Canna PK13/14 5ml per gallon 4th,3rd,2nd week before harvest.
Supernatural Stay-Green 5ml per liter foliar spray 2 times per week week 3,4,5 of flowering.

Cal-mag+ and green stay really keep the plant a nice green until very late in flowering. It makes me sad to see the leaves go too early.

For the K..

Just makes sure your not over supplementing somewhere and locking it out. Doesn't always have to be pH lockout.

Great work as usual. You are an asset to the 420 community.

^ thank you!
I think the cause was not putting anything in the soil to bump the K up, even though I did with the N and P; next time I will add some green sand.
The Neptune's harvest I am using is npk 2-3-1 I think that also didn't help. I have the full range of FF's nutes (liq and soluble) but haven't given them a full dose yet. I did however give them a teaspoon per gallon of Liquid Kool Bloom by General Hydro its 0-10-10 yesterday rather than straight water.

I think tomorrow I will check the ph and ec of the runoff to make sure I am not overlooking a lock out situation.

Looking through my old paper journals I feel like I am being too cautious with my nute regimen, but I also haven't much experience with ff's nutes or soil. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. The highest consentration I have used is 75% on the fert schedule and that was only once; about a week and a half ago.
Also the Neptune's says for indoor plants use 1 TBSP which I have been doing every other watering, I may try doubling that on a plant in veg to see if that's too much or if 4-6-2 works better for me.

sorry I'm kind of bouncing back and forth here, lol

Thanks for your support guys, I appreciate it alot.
I gotta ask, why are you making all of them grow seeds? i've always felt that energy wasted growing seeds is energy that could be spent on growing bud. unless you're specifically trying to grow a specific phenotype, why not just clone a good one and keep it alive forever?

I am making the seeds for a rainy day, I have lost some great genetics in the past because of disease and don't want to be left without any beans to fall back on. I will make clones of the best dsd for the time being, as well as a few of the other strains that put a sparkle in my eye. I think its a little exiting also to dabble with breeding, who knows maybe one of these crosses turns into the next "northern lights #5". :popcorn:

Here is how my current MK GWS grow is beeing fed with FF products ..plus a couple others...:

Veg:

Once plant is 2.5-3 weeks..

Every Other Watering-
Grow Big 10ml per gallon 1st and 2nd feeding then 15ml every watering until bud sets start to show.
Cal-Mag+ 5ml per gallon
FF Big Bloom 30 ml per gallon

Bloom: When bud sets start to show. Not day 1 of 12/12
Every Watering
FF Tiger Bloom 15ml per gallon
Cal-Mag+ 5ml per gallon
Canna PK13/14 5ml per gallon 4th,3rd,2nd week before harvest.
Supernatural Stay-Green 5ml per liter foliar spray 2 times per week week 3,4,5 of flowering.

Cal-mag+ and green stay really keep the plant a nice green until very late in flowering. It makes me sad to see the leaves go too early.

For the K..

Just makes sure your not over supplementing somewhere and locking it out. Doesn't always have to be pH lockout.

Great work as usual. You are an asset to the 420 community.

As it is written, so it shall be done. (sorry I watched the Ten Commandments a few days ago) I will bump the nutes up, as you suggested. Today I will check the ec and ph of the run-off to make sure things haven't gone sideways on me.

flyfishinrock just checking in to see how your doing.:smokin:

Did you go to a TEA party? I did twice a rabble rowser till the end.:grinjoint:

Pan4

I didn't go to a tea party, I get riled up too easy for something like that. lol

Gotta go get my water prepared, :peace:

Well I mixed up the nutes, and had a ppm of 1318(500 scale), ph (adjusted) was 6.7. I watered and checked the run off. Most of the plants looked fine, but the three DSD's had a ph of 6.3 and a ppm off my pens scale (it goes to 1999, which is like 4.0 EC!!). Today I will flush the hell out of them. :thedoubletake: These are the plants that got my own soil mix lol, guess it was a lil hot. I hope I dont was my thripe nematodes out.
Live and learn I guess.

Thanks Pan, I believe I did. All the plants received straight tap water for the flush, 3 times the amount of water as soil, minimum. Two took a little bit more. After doing the flush they are down to the 300 ppm range. Also I trimmed off most of the badly affected leaves so I can tell if things improve, leaves with less than 50 % damage only got the bad stuff trimmed off.
I have never had nute burn come on this slowly, seems like it took a few weeks. This must be the buffering ability of soil? I know in hydro I would see it in a day or two. Guess my Mama was right, I do like to learn things the hard way. lol

Go Blazers!!

The ladies are responding rather well, as the buds are swelling and the plants are getting a more consistent green color. I removed the worst of the leaves when I flushed so I wouldn't keep staring at them, lol. I think these may still be good producers, the Purple Passion and Grape Crush (both LST'd) are really popping buds all over the place and the Blue Berry is getting some nice little colas on it already. I am already exited for harvest to happen, but its still forever away, lol I need a time machine.

I did a little pic update today, I only got a few befor my batteries died. lol
Overview (4-20)
00191.JPG

Jolene (4-20)
00788.JPG

Angie (4-24)
00696.JPG

Blue Berry (4-24)
002117.JPG

Purple Passion and Grape Crush (furthest) (4-24)
003112.JPG

The garden looks much better than the pics will attest too, I will get some new batteries for the camera and get some better pics today or tomorrow. I think I am over the hump with the ferts (I hope) and notices some new purpleing on a few stems so I went with a 50% mix of FF's nutes yesterday. It seems early to me after the flush, but whatever. lol :nomo:

try and find a medium level for your plants, they like regularity :) keep up the good work, buds look nice :rollit:

Looking great, fly!
I think they'll recover nicely. I've had to remove ugly leaves, too. Couldn't stand it! lol
I know what you mean by "time machine" . Like the song goes "The waiting is the hardest part".
I like how even the fan leaves are frosted. Great work!

Thank you tric, pan and fox; your comments as always are appreciated. :Rasta:
I agree with you tricome, I do need to find a median level of ferts to feed the ladies, right now they are on the binge and purge diet, lol. I actually expected to feed them only water for a week or two after the flush, but then they seemed to need a lil something (so I kept it light). I am going to do a tds test on the neptunes harvest today (just so I know) as I am curious of the EC of the full strength mix. I cant remember if I had done this yet. Gotta go check on the veggies. :grinjoint:

good job buddy!

Back
Top Bottom