Double Double Soil and Bubbles

Idea for an isolation chamber. A tall Clone Dome??? in a separate room???

Good Idea?? Bad Idea???

Hey GD... wow,, lots of pages to get caught up on,,

sorry to hear about those mites, and the dispensaries response,, but glad to see all the help you got and that you are winning your war :)

I liked your old avatar better,,, just my opinion..

and being a computer geek like you are,, I would have thought for sure, that you would put the slash through your zero's... :rofl::rofl:

oh,,, and :yikes: wow, do you have a some huge boys...

Another place in the house is the best I can do for isolation (downstairs bathroom stall for me). Not saying that is fool proof but far away as possible is the best you can do.

Maybe put them next to the used football practice gear. The smell alone should kill somethng! LOL!

Picture update. It isn't pretty. Got some orange crispy leaves on both plants, but I've knocked down the spider mite population to 3-4 per plant. I thoroughly inspected the plants today with a magnifying glass. Now for pics...

DSC030803.JPG

White Widow in FFOF soil, planted 8/25/10

DSC030792.JPG

You can sorta see the mite carcasses in these next pics

DSC030781.JPG

DSC030773.JPG
New growth on Blue Cheese

DSC030762.JPG

DSC030752.JPG
new growth on AK-47

DSC030742.JPG
Blue Cheeses top

DSC030762.JPG
More new growth

DSC030752.JPG
New growth on AK

DSC030742.JPG
Blue Cheeses Top

DSC030732.JPG
AK's top

DSC030721.JPG

AK

DSC030711.JPG

Blue Cheese

DSC03070.JPG

DSC030691.JPG

DSC030681.JPG

DSC030671.JPG

They look more worse in pictures than they actually are... But I have knocked down the spider mite population some...

Picture update. It isn't pretty. Got some orange crispy leaves on both plants, but I've knocked down the spider mite population to 3-4 per plant. I thoroughly inspected the plants today with a magnifying glass. Now for pics...

DSC030803.JPG

White Widow in FFOF soil, planted 8/25/10

DSC030792.JPG

You can sorta see the mite carcasses in these next pics

DSC030781.JPG

DSC030773.JPG

DSC030762.JPG

DSC030752.JPG
new growth on AK-47

DSC030742.JPG
Blue Cheeses top

DSC030762.JPG
More new growth

DSC030752.JPG
New growth on AK

DSC030742.JPG
Blue Cheeses Top

DSC030732.JPG
AK's top

DSC030721.JPG

AK

DSC030711.JPG

Blue Cheese

DSC03070.JPG

DSC030691.JPG

DSC030681.JPG

DSC030671.JPG

They look more worse in pictures than they actually are... But I have knocked down the spider mite population some...
Bringing this over to the new page...

:rofl: I do the same thing on my threads :rofl:

I hate flipping back and fort...

How do the girls look, am I killing them being too attentive and OCD about the mites???

The dome seems like a good idea. I personally wouldn't set them outside, cause in all honesty, you become more susceptible to getting another bug issue. A closet if you can or another room or area for a few day if you can spare it. I would use the dome to keep the mites confined, plus keep them in a small area under a floura or cfl's just you feel comfortable enough to put them back. Just an idea though :hmmmm:

the girls look like they've been through a battle, but your winning and thats what counts:goodjob:

Edit: I would trim those dead leafs off the bottom. Plants will attempt to repair themselfs, but won't beable to fix aleafs that over 50% dead. Just a suggestion. Trust me even you will feel the difference. :)

All the dead leaves or leaves that were 50% dead are now trimmed.

Legolas's football practice was AWESOME!!! He's the biggest kid on the team, including the SENIORS!!! LOL

They have him on Left Tackle for now. No one could bring him down LOL

Then my middle son Gimli was asked constantly if he went to school there, and if he wanted to play... But alas, Gimli is too old...

Starvin, and gotta make dinner... BBL

Not a bad move to trim the leaves but expect any new growth to take a couple of extra days as the plants get used to their new look before they get back to growing.

Left tackle you say! I doubt there is anyone on this site that could get past him trying to get to the QB! LOL!

Not a bad move to trim the leaves but expect any new growth to take a couple of extra days as the plants get used to their new look before they get back to growing.

Left tackle you say! I doubt there is anyone on this site that could get past him trying to get to the QB! LOL!

The girls can take as long as they need to recover. As long as the new leaves come up pest free, I'll be a happy camper...

Yup, It's funny when your son has to look DOWN on his coaches, and team mates... The next tallest kid on the team is a good foot shorter than he is... LOL

Like I said, I feel sorry for his opposing teams...

I feel sorry for the right tackle. They are not coming you son's way if there is a smaller option!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yea, I guess so huh? LOL

I took way too many pictures at his practice. Sucked the batteries right down to nothin, so I can't take pics of the girls for a bit. As soon as the battery is charged, I'll upload the girls new trimmer svelter looks... ;)

Thanks everyone. Looks like Proud Football mom probably took WAY too many pictures at Legolas's practice. But it was his first, and you'll never have a first practice again. Plus he's my baby... :) I can't help it. Anyway, this post is to explained that I really sucked the batteries outta my camera taking pictures, videoing them scrimmaging in HD , for the grandparents...

Anyway, the battery is still charging on my camera. It was dead dead dead when I stuck it in the charger, and it's still charging. Guess I'll have to get them in sometime tomorrow... Sorry folks... Boys football takes precedence over my girls... I know you dads will understand... Especially ravenous football dads...

Hope everyone has a great night, and day tomorrow. Mines gonna suck rocks. Gotta get up at 5 am to take Gimli to work, then go to the store to work on a customer's machine, then have to go to an open house at Legolas's high school.

Oh yea, wanna hear something funny??? Legolas's HEAD was too big for their helmets. They had to get him a new one and customize it for him...

The girls are really looking a lot better. They are skinnier, but most of the mite damage has been removed... So Mission accomplished... I've brought back plants in far more dire straights back to health. I can do it with these girls.

As soon as I see NO EVIDENCE of Spider Mites, The girls WILL get transferred into larger pots with FFOF soil. I just don't want to contaminate good soil with plants with bugs. I also think I should hose down my entire grow areas for the 4th time with the Home Defense. Is this a good idea? Especially since it didn't do anything to deter the mites once in the grow area... Does anyone else have any other suggestions that don't involve insects (I have deathly allergies to most bites). I could do flowers, like chrisanthemums or anything else? Does anyone have any ideas???

I'll post pics of the girls tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom