Dreks5.3 U2 Kush Deep Water Culture Grow

Berry Knot

Hey guys Its been a little over a month since ive been around. After my last grow I got busy with work and just got back from vacation.

As some of the Deep Water Culture know one of my plants went through really bad heat stress in the middle of the flower cycle last grow and I had to cut her early. All I had left was a smaller GDP plant, about 20" tall and shadow'd the first half of flower until the OG died, I ended up with 35 grams dry from the GDP from the 150w hps.

I am starting Fresh this grow, My walls behind the mylar were looking dull so I painted them with Kilz premium primer. Gave it a nice flat white look and helps prevent mold. And I ordered up some 2mil mylar and put it back up on the walls. Its much brighter now with the new paint and mylar.

This grow I am trying to see what I can get from one plant, So new equipment list as follows:

1- U2 Kush clone
1- Black 5 gallon bucket
1- 10" net pot made to fit bucket
2- air stone pumps
2- New 8" air stone bars
Upgraded 6" small fan to 10" table top fan, along with the 8" wall mount fan I already had.
Upgraded from 150w hps to a Lumatek 250w MH/HPS Digital ballast and yield master II reflector.

Nutrients- Advanced nutrients Micro, Grow, And bloom. Along with Bud candy, Bud blaster, Gravity, And purple maxx for additives during flower.

I plan on topping the plant a couple times and Vegging it until around 12" tall, I want it to be around 24" when done. But I want it bushy. I hope to get some nicer bigger buds from this light and reflector.

Pics of Day 1 VEG:

The green fan you see on the right is the one I replaced today..
U2_kush_Day_1_VEG_2.jpg

U2_kush_Day_1_VEG_5.jpg

U2_kush_Day_1_VEG.jpg

U2_kush_Day_1_VEG_4.jpg

Reflector:
U2_kush_Day_1_VEG_3.jpg

Hi Dreks! I wouldn't have that feeder hose up that high on the rockwool and aimed at the plant base. You might be able to bury it between the cube and the plug. You want it half way down on the side of the RW plug. Put it in the botttom 3rd if you can't control the flow. You might also be able to hollow out a channel with a pen or something in the bigger cube about half way down. We want the roots looking for water and have it close by.

Nice shiny room you got there and the venting is good. This grow will be better!

Hi Dreks! I wouldn't have that feeder hose up that high on the rockwool and aimed at the plant base. You might be able to bury it between the cube and the plug. You want it half way down on the side of the RW plug. Put it in the botttom 3rd if you can't control the flow. You might also be able to hollow out a channel with a pen or something in the bigger cube about half way down. We want the roots looking for water and have it close by.

Nice shiny room you got there and the venting is good. This grow will be better!

Thanks for the compliment and tips. I am guessing you want it on the bottom of the Rock wool so the roots "chase" the water making them grow faster?

Day 7 update: Plant started to grow about 2 days ago. My PPM has been around 650 and PH is 5.7. My temps have been a little warm lately but it has also been 100+ outside.

U2_kush_day_7_4.jpg

U2_kush_day_7_2.jpg

U2_kush_day_7.jpg

U2_kush_day_7_3.jpg

Thanks mayne.. They should start to take off now. I also got a couple new to me products yesterday, Some Advanced Nutrients B-52 and AN Big Bud. Just more to add to the nutrient soup..

Week 2 Update: She really took off this week, I think the B-52 kicked started it her bit. I FIMMED her 4 days ago and the new tops are coming in nicely. I am surprised how bushy it is for being 14 days old.

Still no signs of roots yet, But I didnt expect to see them for awhile since they have to go through the 6" RW then through the huge net pot. Hopefully I start to see them in the next week or 2.

Day_14_U2_Kush.jpg

Day_14_U2_Kush_2.jpg

Day_14_U2_Kush_3.jpg

Day_14_U2_Kush_4.jpg

Day_14_U2_Kush_5.jpg

I Fimmed all the tops yesterday to slow the growing down some, well its still growing like crazy haha. Its a 10" bush today and I plan flowering around 12-13". I thought it would take about 28 days, and today is only day 18.

I can see roots coming out of the RW, But none out of the net pot YET.

I'm going to have to build a grow room I can be proud of. Everybody's grow room makes me jealous. My poor plants are growing in a shower stall. :straightface:

Nice job on that grow room. Grrrr

Doing good if they are 10" and not in the water yet! How much vertical height do you have?

Thanks man, I thought so too.

With leaving about 10" above the plant for the light to hang, I would have about 28-30" of room for the plant.

I'm going to have to build a grow room I can be proud of. Everybody's grow room makes me jealous. My poor plants are growing in a shower stall. :straightface:

Nice job on that grow room. Grrrr

Thank you sir, I like it a lot better since I freshened it up. But its nothing fancy really.

Heres a couple pics I just snapped with my Camera phone:

Day_18_VEG.jpg

Day_18_VEG_2_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom