Dro’s Top-Feed DWC Green Crack Fem & Northern Lights Auto Journal, 2019

Water level, it’s not too close to the basket. I’d feel better if your nutrients were at 400 ppm to start the preflower stage . That 800 ppm 1.6 EC are pretty high.

Day 50 Update 3/20

Good news to those that are still tuned in to this journal. The green crack photo appears to be growing healthy and without any issues. The northern lights auto continues to flower but has not had major growth.

Tonight's beer for the update is Founders KBS. Fantastic beer with lots of coffee, chocolate and barrel taste.

Right now my nute numbers are as follows:

GC photo
TDS:770ppm
pH:5.8-6.2
Topping this plant has been good and now looks like I will have 4 solid colas. Will more likely up the nutes to 1100 and see if she reacts favorable. Doing some LST over this last week and she has been doing very good.

GCleaf1.jpg

GCkbs.jpg

gcroots8.jpg

NL auto
TDS:1070ppm
pH: 5.9-6.1
It's interesting to see this little plant starting to flower. I have done some LST to see if the lower bud sites can get some light. Not sure what to expect for this yet. Seems to be handling the extra nutes fine. Nute mix was more bloom less grow.

NLflowers.jpg

NLroots8.jpg

I have read in many places that autoflowering strains are perfect for beginners but I will have to disagree. I think I fit the category of beginner and I royally screwed up the first 5-6 weeks of their growth. Now the autoflowering is doing it's thing and finishing her cycle and I could not really do much.
On the other hand, the regular phototype strain I was able to "nurse" back to health and see some positive growth. Now I actually have good hopes this plant will grow bigger, stronger and yield some good stuff (it already smells amazing!).

Hopefully I didn't bore you guys/gals. Not sure if anybody is still following my mistakes ( I think I figured out the root cause of all my issues, need to review more data to confirm. More updates to come)

Still watching Dro good job saving them . Hadn’t seen you in a week or two . What is your light cycle 18/6 or20/4 ? I ran all my autos 20 hours !
Will be watching till you show that bud in the contest !!

Still watching Dro good job saving them . Hadn’t seen you in a week or two . What is your light cycle 18/6 or20/4 ? I ran all my autos 20 hours !
Will be watching till you show that bud in the contest !!

Thanks @West Hippie ! I am currently running them on 20-4 until the auto finishes up which should be in the next couple of weeks. After that I think I will switch to 18-6 for the other regular one until I switch it to flowering.
I don't think any of my buds will win any photo contests any time soon. Just happy to grow and learn!

I learn something about every day, but I follow so many different grows . I’ve even have one going in soil indoors next it will be coco.
Gonna have to stay on the pics as it goes . If you go check out the contest and vote there are four of them it will give you an idea of what yours is going to look like!

Day 57 Update 3/27

Trying to do these updates once a week now that things are going well.

NL auto update
TDS:1120ppm
pH:6.0
We are quickly approaching the NL auto end and doesn't seem to be filling up much. I am more likely going to let her go a couple more weeks and check on trichomes turning cloudy/brown before harvest.

GC photo update
TDS:880ppm
pH:5.8
After res change on Saturday, I was doing some LST work and I split the main stem in half... I was able to tape it up and seems like it's healing without an issue. Crossing my fingers it makes a quick recovery.

The plant is currently drinking about half a gallon every 3 days and it's growing quick! I am trying to figure out how much longer I should keep her in veg before flipping it.

I have a some new strains that i would like to get started in DWC but I am not sure how to make it work with 1 tent. I am leaning on dropping some seeds when I flip the GC so that I can have an 8 week gap. Need to find a place to grow them though. Any advice here is welcome! How do others keep a 1 tent perpetual?

This week's update includes All day IPA. My favorite go to beer, pairs well with steak and some Hindu Kush.

plants1.jpg
healing.jpg
GCupdate.jpg
NLupdate.jpg
NLzoom.jpg

Strain: Green Crack Feminized, Northern Lights Auto
Both Hybrids
Seed Germination
Indoor Tent 4x4x6
Top Feed DWC 30 Gallon tub but will move them to individual 5 Gallon buckets when roots are longer
LED Betsva 1200W
Tent Temp 77-81F
Tent RH: 34%
6.1pH water temp 70F

First time growing inside using hydroponics. I don’t have a good track record growing anything besides some good tomatoes and that is pure luck and some automated watering system. I can’t say I am handy but I like learning and tinkering with things. Long time Cannabis advocate and user. I have seen the great things that it can do for people and I enjoy it quite a bit. I am stoked that I am allowed to grow it legally and my wife has allowed me to pursue this “project”.

Day 1.
Set GC seeds from MSNL in water for 8hrs. Insert them in rapid rooter and follow xlr8 procedure.
Water temp climbed a bit overnight to 73F. pH up to 6.5. This heater is too much for it even at its lowest setting. Need to be able to control it for better temp hold. Max tent temp reached 84F and RH stayed at 34% even though humidifier was going full blast all night..
Turned heater off and left humidifier ON all day to get RH up.
End of day check shows: Water temp 70F, pH 6.4, RH 64% and tent temp 77F.

I hoping these seeds germinate… If not I will have to try the paper towel method. Still waiting on the auto northern lights seeds to arrive so I can add 2 more and have a smaller yield quicker so I can get some gratification.

2 Major things that I need to complete ASAP.
  1. I need to run some plumbing closer to the tent as hauling 5 gallons of water up and down will get old very quick.
  2. I need to find a way to monitor, log and potentially control the humidifier and heater. Drives me crazy I don't know the status of the tent and plants but I am cheap!
Hope to see some of the master growers providing some feedback throughout this grow.

First set of pictures courtesy of today's drink. Cinna-gram on french toast, very good stout and pairs well with first time growing!
Love the tote used as a humidity dome lol

For those watching this journal, need some help with some spots I found on my leaves today.

Entering Week 9 veg. Just did rez change on Saturday to upped the nutes. I am considering this week a transition week before I flip it to 12/12.

Nutes per gallon are: 1tsp micro,1tsp grow, 1tsp Flora. 1tsp Calimagic, 1tsp ArmorSi.
TDS: 1100ppm
pH: 5.5
Temp:75f
Humiy: 55-65%
Water temp: 67f

I did recently installed some fans to keep the plant moving and I am wondering if the humidifier vapor is being blown to the leaves and leaving some droplets of water that get burnt by the light...

Or do I have some nute burn? If it is, shouldn't it be more on the tips?

Maybe some Cal/mag deficiency?

Otherwise the plant is healthy and drinking about a 1/2 gal every other day.

@Rifleman @Pennywise @West Hippie your thoughts?

leafdef.jpg

leafdef2.jpg
gcgrowth.jpg

Mine look like that all the time. Nothing to worry about unless it spreads or gets much worse. It usually occurs to me when the foilage is dense and moisture condenses where leaves touch. If it bothers you increase air movement and thin out the thickest areas by clipping a leaf or two.

Mine look like that all the time. Nothing to worry about unless it spreads or gets much worse. It usually occurs to me when the foilage is dense and moisture condenses where leaves touch. If it bothers you increase air movement and thin out the thickest areas by clipping a leaf or two.

Thanks @Rifleman that was another thought that I had as the fan leaves on the top are getting huge! Good thing I got those extra fans!

Update Day 66 4/5

Week 9 is ending and Green Crack has drank a lot of water, nutrients and stretched a lot. I managed to do some lollipoping and took some clones to see if I can keep this strain going. Tomorrow will be res change with extra bloom nutes, GC will go dark for 30hrs before I flip her to 12/12!!!

GC stats
3/30
1110ppm
5.8pH
4/5
8qts of pH water through out the week
760ppm
5.5pH

If you have been following you are probably wondering what happened to the Northern Lights auto. Well, week 9 was flush for her and she is coming down tomorrow. I don't think I am going to have any usable buds but will give me a chance practice some trimming lol.

The end of veg is paired with Rye Hipster brunch stout. This beer has an amazing maple/rye/bacon flavor profile
Cheers!!

GCweek9.jpg
GCweek9-1.jpg
week9roots.jpg

@Rifleman I know I am a week late but a wise man once said.. it's calibrate your tool day! We are supposed to have a beautiful sunny 63f day here in Michigan so it's calibration, grilling, smoking, and res change day!

Week 1 Flower (Day 72) 4/11

Green crack got a res change on 4/6 with 1240ppm @ 5.5pH. here are the numbers so far:

4/8 +2qts 1220ppm @6.2pH. Lowered pH to 5.7
4/9 +2=4qts 1210ppm @5.7
4/10 +2=6qts 1220ppm @5.7
4/11 +2=8qts 1050ppm @5.5

She is eating and drinking lots! Nute change is scheduled for this Saturday 4/13.

@Rifleman how did I do? I really like the way you keep track of them. I think I learned from the best! Hope you don't mind ;)

Beer of choice today was "Official" from Bell's because I have officially set up a second tent for vegging and clones. I am also going to update the flowering tent with 4 HLG QB288s. This way I should be able to start my second grow with some of the clones I have and some auto flowers.... But that will be a separate journal. I am looking to keep a decent amount of strains going for a while.

flw1gc1.jpg

fw1gc.jpg

official.jpg

flowerTent.jpg

Back
Top Bottom