Green Mountain Girl's 1st Grow

I've went through your grow and if you do not mind I would like to sit in and watch.

Loved to have your eyes here in the garden! Thanks for stopping by! I’m gonna jump over to your page and check out those white widows since we are growing the same right now! Love watching everyone’s garden grow!

Feel free although I lost one of my white widows early on in my grow but the one I have left seems to be doing pretty well other than being a little short.

The first five seeds I ever started were white widows and they all died from damping off at about day 5 from seed. I cried a little lol. I just planted two more a little over a week ago and they have made further than there sisters. So I’m super happy about that. Let’s just hope they keep on keeping on. I’ll be watching like a hawk! It’s always great watching other growers and see what’s working for them or not. Can’t wait to harvest a white widow I hear it’s a great strain!

Watering day in the veg tent (4x4). I let these girls drink every last drop and then waited over night and watered them this morning. No nutrients for these babies. The soil I am using, promix with some strawberry fields mixed in and perlite, has proven to be enough for them until their first uppotting. So just a tiny bit of calmag and water Phd at 6.7 for these girls right now.... Rh in tent right now is staying between 40-50% but that’s the highest I have been able to push it in the tent without causing some condensation build up. So I’m happy with that as long as it doesn’t get below 30% I’m not going to worry. Temps sitting pretty much at 77 in there. Sometimes it’s a bit higher when it get cold at night and the heater runs a bit more often.

Here’s the funky bunch

DDAF92B5-41FB-40AA-A196-DB3E82E7C9F8.jpeg
Don’t mind the stragglers in the back row. I’m holding onto them for no good reason other than denial ... it’s not only a river in Egypt ya know....

Watered the flower tent over the weekend and I went down to check on things this morning to see if everyone is enjoying their meal. Wow they are just gorgeous plants! Snapped a few proud mama photos lol

While I worked overnight last night I got the bug to buy some more seeds from CKS and decided I really enjoyed the autos. I couldn’t decide on a strain though so I opted for Crop Kings’s 25 seed multi-pack. It says I will get about 2 seeds of each auto strain they carry but they aren’t labeled. So I really won’t know what I am growing, which was the downfall but I’ve decided it will instead be more like Christmas morning lol ( silver linings are best) I will be excited to get those down in some soil and popped into the veg tent!
I’m going to stay on a constistent growing cycle between my two tents. I wonder if I should create a separate journal just for my autos..... hmmm... decisions decisions.
Speaking of good work! Well done! No FOMO needed here, you got some sweet looking girls!

The first five seeds I ever started were white widows and they all died from damping off at about day 5 from seed. I cried a little lol. I just planted two more a little over a week ago and they have made further than there sisters. So I’m super happy about that. Let’s just hope they keep on keeping on. I’ll be watching like a hawk! It’s always great watching other growers and see what’s working for them or not. Can’t wait to harvest a white widow I hear it’s a great strain!
So far, I have to agree that it is! They grow east and strong. Cant wait to see what comes of the buds....

I'll stick around here if that's cool..

Hey Volksball! Thanks for coming to check out my garden! Looking forward to having your eyes on these girls since you’re much further along. I’ll also be attempting a scrog this next time around into flowering and loom forward to your wisdom!
Wisdom might be an overstatement, but a bit of experience with it never hurt :) I'll be happy to keep an eye out and tell you what worked for me. I learn something new, daily.

Wisdom might be an overstatement, but a bit of experience with it never hurt :) I'll be happy to keep an eye out and tell you what worked for me. I learn something new, daily.

Yes always learning! So glad to use all this information in the tents and now I can apply this all to my spring and summer flower gardens and become better everyday. So excited to get outside but with the freezing rain and dropping temps headed this way, the last two days of sunny 50 degree temps seem to have only signaled my flower garden days are further ways down the road. But it’s always spring and summer in the basement! :)

I wish I could tell you it was a bargain but they were $200 ca. So not really cheaper than there other seed packages they sell on their site. I was sure what I wanted to grow so I decided to do the mix. It will be kind of fun figuring out which is what. I hope there’s some good ones to try out amongst the group.
I have cks early miss auto going right now. Wow does it ever smell delicious. Growing really good. Can’t wait to try it out. Few weeks left for mine. Cheers happy growing. Magic

I have cks early miss auto going right now. Wow does it ever smell delicious. Growing really good. Can’t wait to try it out. Few weeks left for mine. Cheers happy growing. Magic

I am really hoping to get some Early Miss in the batch! *runs over to your journal*

I am really hoping to get some Early Miss in the batch! *runs over to your journal*
It’s my first grow of anything. Other than a pimple and ingrown toenail. Hahah. I’m really happy the way they are going. I only used lst and keep them short and bushy. Lots of bud sites. Excited for the outcome. Cheers. Magic

Well... like most things I do in life I am like a bull in a china shop and trimming my buds is proving to be a bit more difficult than I thought that it would be. I’ve given a lot of my buds more of a buzz cut than I wanted :(

And one have some links they can throw my way about proper trimming and or some hacks? It would be much appreciated for this girl with the shaky hands.

Here are a couple hacks for you with trimming. And let me preface this with this one thought.....I HATE TRIMMING!

I like to start plucking big fans a couple days before harvest time. I find its easier to pluck (grab the bud carefully quickly pull the fan leaf downwards) the fan leaves and can generally take them off 3 to 4 times faster than I can with scissors. Doing this a day or two before trim makes trim day much easier and allows me to allocate my time as my back sees fit instead of doing it one shot. You can even go so far as spreading a trim out over a couple days if you have any sort of chronic pain associated with trimming.

I wash my buds so I only do a rough trim at best before the wash. I hang them to dry for 2-3 days and then I do my final trim (I don't cut off all the sugar leaves...they have lots of trichomes on them and just wrap around the buds and protect them) and cut the buds off the branches and into paper bags for 2 weeks of drying via the slow and low method in the fridge. I put about 40 grams per paper baggie and gently shake them every couple days. By keeping the amounts about that same 40 gram mark, it lets me do a quick weight by hand and I have a pretty good idea of when its ready to go into jars.

I find that i usually jar them up with the RH about 67% and slowly burp my way down to the 60% range that I like. Since I am the primary one smoking the buds, I don't need to waste a ton of time trimming something. My friends know the quality of the buds, so they don't mind a few sugar leaves on the buds if they pick some up.

Thats just my way. I hate trimming and try to do as little as possible with the scissors. If I can't get the stem of the leaf with the scissors or if I can't pluck it off, it doesn't generally get cut (unless is a very leafy strain). If you ask 10 growers how to trim, you will likely get 10 different answers as to how to do it. My advice is experiment with it. I find less use of scissors gives me less of the hay smell. I like my terpenes. Find what works best for you.

There are some growers that will cut a plant whole and hang it upside down whole and dry it for two weeks, knock off all the dry leaves, cut the buds off the stem and jar it up. Doesn't get much more simple than that. Other growers have OCD and trim the freaking hell out of all the buds. Find your niche....there is no right or wrong, just right or wrong for you.

Here are a couple hacks for you with trimming. And let me preface this with this one thought.....I HATE TRIMMING!

I like to start plucking big fans a couple days before harvest time. I find its easier to pluck (grab the bud carefully quickly pull the fan leaf downwards) the fan leaves and can generally take them off 3 to 4 times faster than I can with scissors. Doing this a day or two before trim makes trim day much easier and allows me to allocate my time as my back sees fit instead of doing it one shot. You can even go so far as spreading a trim out over a couple days if you have any sort of chronic pain associated with trimming.

I wash my buds so I only do a rough trim at best before the wash. I hang them to dry for 2-3 days and then I do my final trim (I don't cut off all the sugar leaves...they have lots of trichomes on them and just wrap around the buds and protect them) and cut the buds off the branches and into paper bags for 2 weeks of drying via the slow and low method in the fridge. I put about 40 grams per paper baggie and gently shake them every couple days. By keeping the amounts about that same 40 gram mark, it lets me do a quick weight by hand and I have a pretty good idea of when its ready to go into jars.

I find that i usually jar them up with the RH about 67% and slowly burp my way down to the 60% range that I like. Since I am the primary one smoking the buds, I don't need to waste a ton of time trimming something. My friends know the quality of the buds, so they don't mind a few sugar leaves on the buds if they pick some up.

Thats just my way. I hate trimming and try to do as little as possible with the scissors. If I can't get the stem of the leaf with the scissors or if I can't pluck it off, it doesn't generally get cut (unless is a very leafy strain). If you ask 10 growers how to trim, you will likely get 10 different answers as to how to do it. My advice is experiment with it. I find less use of scissors gives me less of the hay smell. I like my terpenes. Find what works best for you.

There are some growers that will cut a plant whole and hang it upside down whole and dry it for two weeks, knock off all the dry leaves, cut the buds off the stem and jar it up. Doesn't get much more simple than that. Other growers have OCD and trim the freaking hell out of all the buds. Find your niche....there is no right or wrong, just right or wrong for you.

This is perfect! Thank you Stank!

This morning ... ugh this morning... I had a thought this morning while fixing my coffee. I couldn’t remember a time I’ve opened my flower tent and the light had been off ( and I know I’m a stoner but still) I’m on 12/12 the lights should be off from 10p -10a. So coffee in hand I went down to see if the lights were on and sure as shit they were and the timer was on outlet!

No idea at what point I ever put the timer on outlet but it could have been bumped. Soooooo here I was thinking my Crowns have been flipped and almost two weeks in and nope. :(

Guess that’s explains why I wasn’t seeing any stretch or hairs forming....

Anyways onward and upward ... they’ve been flipped but for real this time.

Back
Top Bottom