Buzz's Grow Journal #3: Crown Royale & Shiskaberry

My CR is coming up on the End of week 7. It smells amazing. Yours is looking very healthy.

Kinda regret giving away my last few CR seeds. What a great strain to grow. Can’t wait to taste it!
Thanks, Not to late to pull a clone, it will just be confused for a while! It sure seems to flower fast compared to a pure blueberry.

Upgraded lights to 4 288-V1 QBs 3000k. Currently running at 1/2 power for adjustments. It dropped my temps from 77-85ish and now runs 72-75ish with drivers in the tent.
3875DD5D-1ED9-430F-A0D6-F20EB2ADC9BA.jpeg
1209A4D5-D68C-4914-921C-F412519FA5BF.jpeg

Upgraded lights to 4 288-V1 QBs 3000k. Currently running at 1/2 power for adjustments. It dropped my temps from 77-85ish and now runs 72-75ish with drivers in the tent.
Nice! That bad one continues to grow, weird how the leafs are so V shaped on the buds. Maybe it will be a wild ride! Those temps seem better, how much light are you getting at half power?

Around 70ish per board would be my guess. Turned up it should run at 120ish per board.

Plant 2 appears to be relaxing some. I’ve been just hitting it with water and trying to flush and improve. It’s not killing leaves like it was. I’ll get 1/4 nutes going soon.

I’ve got two purple kush going also. One is purple and one is green... Smaller yeilder, but hopefully potent.
9DC7F9A9-F628-4D39-BC18-7817C396E2AA.jpeg
D823D57B-E8EA-4AB1-9672-F199286E8469.jpeg

Monday Update:

Crowns @ 2 weeks 3 days are stacking nice, and very quick on flower development.

and their into the net! The lower buds seem to be developing nicely, along with the top

Crown Royale 1

Crown Royale 2

Another Crown Bud!

A Frosty Blueberry, which is developing much differently under the strictly blurple light.

Update Pix, Blueberry bud development is smallish compared to previous run so I have swapped out the 156 watt blurple for the 200 watt X-2 cobs to see if that makes a difference. Its also a wider fixture so the dispersion should be better. Going light shopping today as I really want to keep the watts on the two Crown Royales and the blurple in the centre just doesn't seem to have enough output. Looking at small single cobs for placement versatility. The Bluebery's white flowers are vivid, but the lower ones are starting to show hues of pink like before.

So my light shopping expedition went well. In the interest of local fairness, I went to the two other grow suppliers here, and oddly, there we're no LED's at all at one, and a single giant $1200 dollar led at the other. All sizes of hid's, but its 2019, not 2001!! My usual local guy had some cool passive 50 watt cobs for 50 bucks, but while cheap, they were blurple! But he also had two CF grow X-1's (100 watt Cree 3590's) he was clearing out at $165 each, so I took em!
Its a disease:hookah:

I also set up my 2x4x7 ish tent as the Blueberry was having height problems in the 60 inch tent. So the Crown Royale room is running 763 watts with 6 cobs and the blurple at 43 watts per sq foot total, and the single blueberry is getting 200 watts of cobs. Now I have to transfer the clones back to the little tent, and clean up my mess!!

So the Crown is 4 weeks into flower today and doing incredible. Quite a bit more buds compared to the Karolyn I grew last run, and it gave me 13 ounces! So my lofty goal is a pound per plant, and I am impressed with the lower bud development which seems to be keeping up quite well with the higher ones. The Blueberry is doing OK @ 8 weeks but is smaller than last run, I believe because the light level is generally lower, 200 watts vs 275 last time, so I really shouldn't be surprised, and I think the blurple light for the first half of flower was a mistake as it is only 156 watts.

All looking good
Grew the crown a few years back
Incredible smoke narcotic into heavy couchlock for me
Still have some and whenever i open the jar love the smell best one i have had that still has smell after 2 years in a jar

Keep growing

All looking good
Grew the crown a few years back
Incredible smoke narcotic into heavy couchlock for me
Still have some and whenever i open the jar love the smell best one i have had that still has smell after 2 years in a jar

Keep growing
Thanks, I really seem to like the blueberry, and its crosses, so I am looking forward to trying it. Have clones right now for Blue Cookies, and another unknown blueberry cross. The Crowns are getting just huge, and I am figuring out that even two plants is probably far more than I need to grow at a time. I have a lot of grateful friends though!

Around 6 if you allow a week and a few days for transition.
I find it interesting that your buds looks completely different than mine. Yours have huge individual calyx's and the pistols seem to have all turned already. I usual count from the flip day as its really the only quantifiable point, especially as this variety was in pre flower hard when I flipped it.

Thanks, I really seem to like the blueberry, and its crosses, so I am looking forward to trying it. Have clones right now for Blue Cookies, and another unknown blueberry cross. The Crowns are getting just huge, and I am figuring out that even two plants is probably far more than I need to grow at a time. I have a lot of grateful friends though!

Smoking some Blue Cookies now has a earthy taste on exhale followed by piney turpentine taste ending with the blue berry sweetness.

I think that unknown blueberry cross is a blueberry blast

Blue
IMG_1333.JPG
Cookies has nice purple color in it

My experience with crowns is they like to stretch
The pheno i had had some airy buds not quite like a sativa but inbetween
Ended up with 8 zips of good bud from 2 plants grown in soil
Was 4 weeks in veg and then 10 weeks flower
Was a finnicky feeder though

Back
Top Bottom