Buzz's Grow Journal #3: Crown Royale & Shiskaberry

Hi Buzz, fellow Canadian here from Vancouver. Think I'll follow along. Your plants look amazing!
Welcome aboard! Thanks, I've got my room dialled in quite well, but most of the credit has to go to Advanced Nutrients. I use their Sensi line in Sunshine #4 peat at a slightly weaker rate, and it has totally changed the way I grow. I only use their voodoo juice, and Big Bud extra's, and I got some amazing results last grow.

Trimmed the CR's today and then used bell wire to spread out the canopy a bit. Its weird, the pix don't look that different but there was two gallons of leafs and stems removed.

Before

After

Looking good. I did the same. Although, I’m not sure I trimmed enough. Mine still fills a little bushy also. I try to get a photo up tomorrow or Monday so you can see the structure I have. I’ve been selectively taking leaves covering bud sites.
:passitleft:

Looking good. I did the same. Although, I’m not sure I trimmed enough. Mine still fills a little bushy also. I try to get a photo up tomorrow or Monday so you can see the structure I have. I’ve been selectively taking leaves covering bud sites.
:passitleft:
Thats pretty much how I approach it. Also any that can't see a light directly. The CR2 is really doing a great job at levelling itself, will have to wait and see what the clones do to see if that function is genetics, or me damaging it!

:rolleyes: DUMB BUNNY AWARD!!
I mentioned in a previous post that it was hard to tell the difference between trimmed and not trimmed. Well apparently you have to grab the right picture!!! I got a new glass pipe and, well, you know.........:cool:

Before

After

Before

After

Quick shot,
B0E7A551-5EE4-4AFD-A538-7D0494B930AC.jpeg
9F30DB27-C28C-42B4-A320-AC4B9C9850F5.jpeg
195722A9-C9B1-43C1-969F-8B28B31681D0.jpeg
0C06E5AC-1113-4577-A372-38CF2724F005.jpeg

Anything I did to that one plant didn't make it happy.
Rather than tossing it, I just ran with it. It is what it is...
As your other one looks great, I'd say bad pheno! I am leaning toward keeping my CR 2 for a mother as its structure seems well adapted for my lazy ass approach to growing! All its side bracts are basically within 8 inches of height of each other, compared to the more traditionally shaped CR1. And CR 2 has already taken up half the space. Flipping on Friday!! Do they ever grow fast!!

Today @ 7 weeks 3 days

Compared to two days ago

So I just received my Inkbird Humidity controller HC 200. Now, I thought I ordered the combination one that also switched for temperature, but apparently not! Anyways, it works as advertised for humidity, and the two outlets are opposites.
So in a drying tent or room it could cut in at a set differential above your set point. i.e. set point at 52%RH with a dehumidify differential of 3.0 cuts in outlet 2 at 55% rh until it returns to 52% rh and controls your tents exhaust fan or small dehumidifier. Only 1200 watts though. Outlet 1 is for the humidify side and with a differential set to 3.0 would cut in at 49% rh and run till 52%rh and would run your humidifier. I use larger trays of water in the bottom of my drying tent to humidify, so this will control the small fan that blows across the trays so its not always on. All in all , so far pretty impressed for 60 bucks!

I set the Inkbird up side by side with my Grozone HT-2, and after calibrating it, which is another plus!, they are tracking perfectly cutting in and out within .5 of a degree consistently. Should work great for the drying tent!!!

Your Crown Royale is looking good. I have a similar pheno, loves the training and branches like a champ. Sitting at week 5 of flower and it smells delicious. Can’t wait to taste it.
Thanks, I seem to gravitate toward the fruity pot! I have a Blueberry strain from CK that I really like, and have had for a couple years now. Love the aroma, flavour, and it grows purple during flower. The two CR's are quite a bit different, I plan to choose the keeper after harvest.

Nice, I have a few reg seeds of CKS Blueberry that I haven’t grown yet. Looking forward to it.
So far, my best with the BB is 6.8 ounces a plant, we will see what my 156 watt mini grow can do!
older pic from two weeks ago, now fills that tent.

Time To FLIP!! So the clock gets set to 12/12 today this aft for the Crown's first long night from 19/5!! 25 inches tall and the larger one, CR 2, is 33" in diameter. Incidentally CR 2 was seeded directly to peat 3 days after CR 1, so 2 is certainly leaning toward a keeper as it apparently has faster growth and a flatter canopy! CR 2 has not been tipped, and the only training it has had is wires to spread the canopy out.

The Blueberry in the mini grow is 31" high and budding like crazy. I am finding the led's penetrate deep, so I have "high" hopes to beat my last BB's production!

And the clones all lived despite me trying to cook them, and the Karolyn clone has recovered from its dark days!

Back
Top Bottom