Buzz's Grow Journal #3: Crown Royale & Shiskaberry

It is fox farm ocean soil. Yeah I knew it would be risky, but it could be done. So no tears on this one. I’m just running normal and adjusting when necessary. The stalks are fat. I wonder if the root systems can attach and use the old one?
:passitleft:

Stalks will really fatten up once a plant matures and into the first few weeks of flowering to support the buds. Silica really helps with this.

Roots system from the last plant would be too dried out and damaged for anything like that to happen I'm sure. It's likely possible though when you think about other things such as grafting plants and spicing roots like you would top a plant.

Here they are @ 2 weeks, smaller one a few days less but I shall ignore that going forward!

FYI Here is why I have quit using coco coir pots! Hard as a rock after 5 months in the peat!

Just waiting on space in the flower room. Maybe a few more weeks for these two CR.

14E35A9A-5BF7-4141-922C-3AFEE559BFEF.jpeg
B07083CF-369A-4FB7-A58E-4A82E7453B69.jpeg

Just waiting on space in the flower room. Maybe a few more weeks for these two CR.

Both Looking good, the bottom pix resembles my Blueberries in leaf structure. This gals a year old and will run with the Crowns in case one turns out to be male.

That’s a beauty.
Mines not a fast grower. How about that BB? Does it have slow growth?

Pretty darn slow in veg and flower. And the first time it didn't turn purple, and this time they are. That one will be my last go with that seed line, may try another BB from someone else, there's plenty to choose from. Luv the colours!!

Still looking good buzz, of course! Man don't those Coco planters really mess thing up. Almost no roots went thru it at all! I can't believe the stalk got that thick considering what it was working with.

Still looking good buzz, of course! Man don't those Coco planters really mess thing up. Almost no roots went thru it at all! I can't believe the stalk got that thick considering what it was working with.
For the first while it lived in a gallon pot and was watered from the top so I think thats how they broke through. But after transplanting and watering from the bottom that area just dried out, and stayed that way! Still managed 12 oz's from her.

The girls are doing great! 2 weeks and 4 days, room is steady at 75 F, and its freaking cold here tonight, -35 C (-31 F)!! But it's a dry cold!

Brrrrr to cold for me. Haha . Glad the plants are doing great.

Here they are at 3 weeks 4 days, have been giving them half rate of nutes solution and they seem to be thriving! I am going to try cutting back a bit on the nutes this run, unless they look like they need more. So going to 75% and see how that works out. The Blueberry clone I have in the holding tent has gotten huge on alternate waterings of RO and a 50% nutes mix, so I think they are getting lots.

Transplant day, moved to 3 gallon pots. One of the plants is getting a bit shiny like BobbyZ's which is interesting. They are on 50% rate Sensi grow so I am quite sure the nitrogen is at a reasonable level. I have a comparative pix to a pure bred Blueberry, which is a bit starved and limey looking as I am stalling it till the CR's catch up!

The CR's have a lot of catching up to do. They're all looking good.
Thanks, I intend to cut the main stem back on the Blueberry, and at the moment the CR's are getting 4 times the light and more nutes so I'm hoping I can put them together in about a week. The CR side branches are pushing out a fair bit so I may let the CR's grow natural, it's nice to see the real shape of the plant at least once! Does depend on how tall it wants to get! I have ten feet but it's kinda impractical along side a Blueberry!

Looking good. I’m about to move mine to the flower tent to finish veg.:headbanger:
I’ve got a purple kush that refuses to grow out... It’s trying to stay compact.
I had that problem with a skunk, and the last blueberries, but they eventually stretched out and were flipped late at 70 days or so. They were clones so the days are kinda iffy, but they did take forever!! I do wonder if to much light early on is causing them to stay that way, or it may just be the variety.

Hey buzz, been a while since I've been in to have a look! Seems like I missed a lot of growth from the wee ones, they aren't so wee anymore lol. Great job. All looking very healthy, I don't see any issues. Keep up the good work

Here's a few days old pix of the light setup, and a pix which shows the same plant differences that BobbyZ mentioned with his. One plant is much darker and seems to be using available nitrogen better, and there are differences in the leaves, CR 1 is almost shiny and has a steeper "v" angle in the leaf compared to the much flatter leafed CR 2.

Back
Top Bottom