Buzz's Grow Journal #4: Blue Cookies! Crown Royale! & My Perennial Favourite Blueberry!

19 days into flower, The Big Girls are doing great. The Crown has a sweet citrous smell and the Blue Cookie is a bit more berry smelling. The Blueberries are as slow as ever but are stretching a bit at 5 days into flower.

The Blueberries have pretty much filled the tent, waiting till I see some flowers to start the thinning process. I spin them 180 each day so they each get a share of the blurple light, which last time turned the buds under it purple while the buds getting more light from the cobs stayed green. The blue cookies, while a bit shorter than the Crown, is a far more sturdy bush, like the blueberry, while the crown is a lot more flexible, so I'm glad I put up the net!

I would trim all the lowest shaded part of both plants. Waist of energy IMHO
I keep picking away at them, but because these we're older clones that had been in stasis for 4 months they seem to be sprouting more than fresh clones I have used. On the plus side they had already branched out from being cut back so much and were quite easy to train to flatten out, basically tipped them once. There's also the fact that I'm almost 60 and sitting on the floor reaching in pruning is not as easy as it used to be! :ganjamon:

There's also the fact that I'm almost 60 and sitting on the floor reaching in pruning is not as easy as it used to be! :ganjamon:
[/QUOTE]
That my problem, things are getting harder & harder to do all the time. Brain says, only take a little while. Body says different

another seeds give away,reply before the 31 Win Purple Lemonade From Gorilla Seeds being purple , should be a blueberry cross . It's an auto

Holy Hard water! Just tested my well water and it seems to change seasonally. Right now I get an EC reading of 1800 µs (900 ppm) which is why I can't even think of using it for weed. My nutes in RO water, which has an ec of 27 µs (14 ppm) give me about the same reading!

First 2020 update!
Big Girls doing great. Cut back the nutes a bit as I had a strange pistol browning across about half the blue cookies, think I shocked her a bit. Lowered the rates and she has resumed growing white pistols! Blueberries have stretched a bunch, and I am just starting to see the tiny white buds at the centre.

And a month ago!

So at 4 weeks the Crown Royale and Blue Cookies are doing fine, I may have got a little hot with the Big Bud, but I have cut it all back a bit and they seem to be OK. There was a fair bit of edge curl on the centre buds on the Crown, and the Cookies had some pistol browning but has returned to growing white pistols on the affected buds.

Blueberries @ 2 weeks are finally showing buds in there own way, tiny white buds with no visible pistols yet, as it has done for the last 3 grows!!

5 week update: Crown doing fantastic, Blue Cookie is doing good but not nearly like the Crown. A few of the blue cookie buds have brown pistols on the end, I think from when I burned it so they have stopped elongating, but they are fattening underneath with white pistols. Blueberry is getting nice little buds but its slow going.

6 week update! Well i have 4 gallons or so of nutes still mixed so I will use it for the next few days and then go to ph adjusted RO water for the remainder. I think I went a bit hot at one point and the plants have reacted with a lot of brown pistols. Trichomes are still transparent, and there is some new growth so they may start up a bit. Buds are fattening and starting to frost up nicely. The Blue Cookies cola tips are turning a dark purple which is nice. Blueberry is @ 4 weeks and slow. Last time for this girl I think!

the blue cookie buds have brown pistols on the end, I think from when I burned it so they have stopped elongating, but they are fattening underneath with white pistols.

Might have burned them a bit but B/C never got long buds when I grew them
they will be a lot harder then the Crown though

Got my light upgraded on the 1st , veged plants for a week then flipped to 12/ 12 . At 10 days & looking good
Made some good amber oil :volcano-smiley:out of a bunch of big leaves. got about 6 grams out of 1/2 gallon of ground leaf
Crown looks like it will produce pretty well. You going to keep the B/C line going? I never took any cuttings

Might have burned them a bit but B/C never got long buds when I grew them
they will be a lot harder then the Crown though

Got my light upgraded on the 1st , veged plants for a week then flipped to 12/ 12 . At 10 days & looking good
Made some good amber oil :volcano-smiley:out of a bunch of big leaves. got about 6 grams out of 1/2 gallon of ground leaf
Crown looks like it will produce pretty well. You going to keep the B/C line going? I never took any cuttings

I have a clone of the B/C and the Crown going, gonna keep the B/C going till fall, or at least until I see how she produces and smokes. If you need one I can pull one for you. Yeah the B/C remind of the Blueberry I have, hard and dense from the get go. Unlike the Blueberry she seems to flower quicker and has a lot more buds.

I have a clone of the B/C and the Crown going, gonna keep the B/C going till fall, or at least until I see how she produces and smokes. If you need one I can pull one for you. Yeah the B/C remind of the Blueberry I have, hard and dense from the get go. Unlike the Blueberry she seems to flower quicker and has a lot more buds.
I'll keep it in mind, Mom & brother have some cookies baking . Probably the Girl scouts cookies making it flower faster & more buds
Think I picked the next couple of strains I want to try Pineapple chunk by barneys & Hippie Therapy CBD by exotic
want to try something w/ more cbd in it
got another cbd one called purple orange by diafem, you might like with your purple addiction

Buds up close. Seem to have recovered from the burn and are growing new bud/pistols. Finished nutes on these today. So we will see what the next couple of weeks does! I also think growing from months old mothers instead of a fresh clone has some benefits in speed and structure which also does not need a bunch of time/attention to table out as a bunch branching has been forced in the mothering/stasis tent.

Quiet interesting at the base there. It actually looks like that larf at the bottom is maturing.:nerd-with-glasses:
They all are, despite not getting a great amount of light. I don't waste time harvesting them, and I think that using an older mother rather than a fresh clone encourages their growth. I could spend a few hours picking them all off now but I'm just too lazy and she seems to be getting more than enough energy up top. Very happy with this grow and still learning that I can use less nutes than I have been. I have reduced my nutes every grow and at the same time increased my production as I get it all dialled in. Next grow I am keeping them at 1600 EC or less and we shall see what happens. Not a huge fan of tip burn in my pictures!!

Back
Top Bottom