Dusted Bud Genetics In High Brix Grown By BrixNewb

I had to chop down my Purple XJ x Cali Dreamin #1 girl a bit early. Tried out adding a 2 gallon pot in veg to save some space and it ended up being a bad idea. She didn't grow much roots past the 2 gallon pot once upcanned, so stems were frail and she had to come down. Not into string or yoyos in the grow because my plants get moved around daily. I will get some harvest pics up before she hits the jars Tuesday or Wednesday.

Purple XJ x Cali Dreamin #2 is looking like a rock star doing quite well. She is just on the other side of Cat Drench and actually got an extra CD on accident, so we will see how that goes. Water uptake is good, drinking plenty. Lots of nice sized buds everywhere you look, very happy with this girl.

DSC_002591.JPG

DSC_002694.JPG

DSC_002985.JPG

DSC_0027100.JPG

Brix, when you say you move your plants a lot, do you try to put them back in the same place and position as possible?

:)

I actually try to put them in different positions and rotate them. I generally put the shorter plants in the back of the tent and the taller ones at the front, but I switch the sides they are on because of the light and fan so that one isn't always further from the fan and one always near. I generally take them out at least every 2 or 3 days to check on everything.

I actually try to put them in different positions and rotate them. I generally put the shorter plants in the back of the tent and the taller ones at the front, but I switch the sides they are on because of the light and fan so that one isn't always further from the fan and one always near. I generally take them out at least every 2 or 3 days to check on everything.

will that not stimulate plant phototropism, and take energy away from blooming?

will that not stimulate plant phototropism, and take energy away from blooming?

I honestly can't say that I have ever researched the topic, but it appears that you may have. Is that the case? So we want to rotate but have the same relative position throughout the grow?

I honestly can't say that I have ever researched the topic, but it appears that you may have. Is that the case? So we want to rotate but have the same relative position throughout the grow?

i move as little as possible...i stopped rotating also, when i noticed delays with those rotated and none against those not moved. .
im not sure what the other HB growers do.. :)

I believe Doc doesn't move much.

if you're watering from bottom and having to move them into bucket/tray, or dunking/drenching, try to restore to original position. less plant stress etc.. :thumb:

i move as little as possible...i stopped rotating also, when i noticed delays with those rotated and none against those not moved. .
im not sure what the other HB growers do.. :)

I believe Doc doesn't move much.

if you're watering from bottom and having to move them into bucket/tray, or dunking/drenching, try to restore to original position. less plant stress etc.. :thumb:

So, all plants but ESPECIALLY high brix plants will move their branches and leaves in order to get all surfaces exposed to as much light as needed. In the case of too much light (like I have) they'll move their branches and leaves to get less light too.

So when you move them, they must readjust (phototropism) which takes energy and stress the plant quite a bit. The idea of rotating them to get more light on different parts of the plant is a bad idea, based on fiction and incorrect information! The plants know how to orient themselves....leave 'em alone and let 'em grow for Pete's sake!

I stuff an amazing amount of plants into a 4x4 sometimes, and I was surprised to find very little difference between the far side and near side of the plant. The far side will be slightly smaller, but hardly worth "correcting". :hmmmm:

Mine get shifted around a bit, but not with any purpose - they usually fit best where they were growing in the first place. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Yeah, if I am able to keep them in the same spot and same orientation that will actually work out better for me when I am trying to shoehorn 6 plants in my 4x4 tent. It can be very tight, but once you find that perfect fit it just works.

Hey Brix newb! I'm new to the kit so checking out some Brix journals and ran across your, glad I did because I have been moving my budding plants a bit but will minimize that. I need to come back and read through your journal but wanted to say hi and say your plants look great!

:theband:

:passitleft:

Glad we could learn together man! Probably not a ton to learn from my journal, but be sure to hit up the journals of Duggan, Dr. Ziggy, Graytail, Shiggityflip, and the rest of the DBHB crew. Doc Bud's thread is a good start and you will get a feel for who is using the kit and then can read their journals. Tons of experience between the crew, so there is plenty to learn. I feel like I am starting to get the feel for growing a bit, plants still aren't the caliber of some growers around here, but they are good enough for me.

I have two Lemon OG X Cali Dreamin plants in 1 gallon pots and two still in Solo cups. I decided to sex both of the larger plants today and they are both female. These are regular seeds, so I am surprised to be getting such good ratios of ladies. Last strain I ran of Dusted Bud I got 75% females, so I am a happy grower since I don't breed at this time.

I have two Lemon OG X Cali Dreamin plants in 1 gallon pots and two still in Solo cups. I decided to sex both of the larger plants today and they are both female. These are regular seeds, so I am surprised to be getting such good ratios of ladies. Last strain I ran of Dusted Bud I got 75% females, so I am a happy grower since I don't breed at this time.

happy soil, greater chance of females... ;)

Man I pulled it way early so it wasn't the usual Dusted Bud level. It was on the level with everything else I have grown except for HSO Blueberry Headband and Pliny Lights x Cali Dreamin from Dusted Bud. I have the cure down to a pretty good science, I chop them then 5-5.5 days later in jars and they are always 62%. I just pulled some Blue Dream test buds to see if it's ready, so in 3 days we will know more from that. Just sitting here watering the girls.

I do have a 60-120x scope for the trichs, but if you wait for amber trichs with Doc Buds High Brix you could be waiting forever. They don't really do the whole progression like regular bud.

I have some Bovedas, but my stock is rotated out within a month so I never have to use them. Just various size Ball jars and some Caliber hygrometers.

Alright, I was able to get an update in tonight! Have a full update on the whole crew coming at you guys tonight.

First up I have some Dusted Bud testers, these guys are Fluffhead x Milk n Cookies. So far just two little guys:

FH11.JPG

FH21.JPG

Lemon Venom #1 and #2 both had some low soil energy (common veg problem for me) so they both got Rescue Drench tonight:

LOG12.JPG

LOG21.JPG

Lemon Venom #3 and #4 are little guys in Solo cups doing their thing.

LOG3.JPG

LOG4.JPG

Purple XJ x Cali Dreamin #3 is actually a clone taken from a plant that I had to cull due to there not being enough room in the veg tent. This clone has absolutely taken off with amazing growth. I have been very surprised, she is happy and healthy and growing like crazy!

PXJ31.JPG

PXJ3.JPG

Purple XJ x Cali Dreamin #2 is in bloom and doing well. She has some very nice buds everywhere you look. I saw this same structure in a similarly trained Pliny Lights x Cali Dreamin girl I grew. Lots of nice bud sights everywhere you look.

DSC_0009129.JPG

DSC_0010128.JPG

DSC_0011133.JPG

Back
Top Bottom