Exotic Genetix Trap Star Grow Journal By TwoX

20170417_161628.jpg

What's up 420 Fam.:high-five: and welcome to my strain specific journal featuring Trap Star by Exotic Genetix:welcome:

This journal will contain one run of multiple Trap Stars from seed to final cure. We're looking for a keeper male and female this run for future grows and projects so we may have a male in this journal too.... sounds like fun so let's get it started and go over the details later...

The box.... I sure do love original breeder packs. A+ on packaging.
20170416_174221.jpg

The back... The good stuff. Indica dominant with some flavor.
The mother is a LA OG Kush that I'm not familiar with but the father is a legend. The Cube is a Star Fighter F3 incross that's packs on trichomes like a mad man. I'm not into the sea of green method and I've never tried pinching so I'll probably just low stress train her into what I want. I would really like to see how she grows before making and training decisions. The Cherry Kushy Fuel flavor already has me licking my lips.
20170416_174235.jpg

The goods...
20170416_174302.jpg

Nice packing with the seeds too. I appreciate the extra effort to keep my seeds safe. 10 seeds but I only have room for 6. I'll pop the other 4 seeds in a few weeks as back ups to replace any males in my female flowering tent. The chance of me getting 6/6 females is slim. The seeds looked immature to me. All of them were a little small and not much striping going on. I picked out 6 and crossed my fingers for a good germination %.. I don't soak my seeds and use a wet paper towel to germinate. I've had lots of success with out the soak so here we go..
20170416_174328.jpg
20170417_235628.jpg
20170417_235253.jpg

6/6 on germination. Well, I was wrong. Seeds were super healthy and showed tap roots on all of them after 28 hours. All 6 were put into rapid rooters and im waiting for them to break soil..

We will have lots of updates in the coming days while I go over the nutes and equipment for this grow. Im expecting them to hit flower in about 60 days so we have lots of time. This should be a fun and frosty ride so thanx in advance for checking out my journal..:thumb: If you just can't wait and need to see some bud shots be sure to check out my perpetual grow in my link.
Subbed up for the ride!!

Subbed up for the ride!!

I will keep my eye on this journal as I am 6 weeks into a Pheno hunt with 7 Trap Star ladies. Started with a pack of 11 and ended up with 7....so far. About to throw a screen over them and flip them after another week of veg.
Good Luck My Friend, Hope you find a keeper or two! :thumb:

Iam so in on this one an ur right that first pic made my heart race an my mouth water
Me too... I have harvests coming up and all I can think about is tasting these Trap Stars.
Alien Fire FTW! Grow babies grow.
Preach!
Wow twox this strain looks amazing!!! I'm in! Looking forward to your pheno hunt. I'd like to breed regs soon so I hope I learn a thing or three.
Thanks BedroomFarmer, the pheno hunt is the best part. I'm new to the whole breeding scene too so this will be a learning experience for both of us. I like jumping in feet first some times.:thumb:
I will keep my eye on this journal as I am 6 weeks into a Pheno hunt with 7 Trap Star ladies. Started with a pack of 11 and ended up with 7....so far. About to throw a screen over them and flip them after another week of veg.
Good Luck My Friend, Hope you find a keeper or two! :thumb:
Nice, I would love to see some pics or follow a journal. :thumb:
Subbed up. Seems like I looked at that Cube somewhere before but my buzzed out mind isn't working well. Heck it could have been right here last week.
Lol, glade I'm not the only one Jim.. A least I know your smoking the good stuff..

20170430_191000.jpg

Just a little update... Everything seems to be moving right along. The little one I stunted with a little to much heat that was radiating from the ballast in my t5 seems to be bouncing back. I see a few burn spots on here first leaves but she's strong and I believe she will be just fine..
20170430_190850.jpg

I've even got a favorite already and she's been dubbed TS1. Something about those long slender leaves has me intrigued. Most the other seedling have broader leaves but this one's a little shorter and seems to be really happy. Nice uniform growth too...
20170430_190816.jpg
20170430_190923.jpg

I still have four seeds to pop and ill do that some time this week. They will be ready to replace any males I find. Males will all be put into flower to get started and then they will be moved to another tent. I'm still planning the male flower tent so I'm not sure what size tent or light I'll buy.. There I go jumping in feet first again.. :thumb:

Thanx for subbing everybody and ill have another update soon.:thumb:

Here are a few from today. I just don't have the time to sit down and do a journal. Kids, Work, Gardening, etc.

I will keep an eye on this your progress and if you would like to see updates of mine just shoot me a reply.

20170430_185407.jpg
20170430_185351.jpg
20170430_185343.jpg
20170430_185336_001.jpg

Im sorry those photos are from a couple days ago. I found a couple herms the other day so we are now down to 5 and one of those I am still unsure on. These photos are from today.
49e06eff030accdfaad85e5769581451.jpg
9bc667ad3a21fec629872d10d2940aec.jpg
24b01188f8098423b3cb2cddb31b5e8a.jpg
a9ac5e9476aacce32085cb8744f84d6f.jpg

Babies are looking great!!

Thanx. Can't wait until they grow up and get a job.. lol

Looking good :)
:thumb:

I'm subbed in baby this grow looks awesome u obviously put good time into your pics alone lol great luck I'm here for the ride- smoke on **
I've been trying to put a little extra love on the pics since I'm not covering everything I'm growing. Journaling these TrapStars is actually very relaxing and focused..

Sub a dub dub
What up Spookie... Thanx for Subbing... :thumb:

Subbed. Love a good breeding journal. Will be starting one myself when it comes time for my ducksfoot to take that step.
I got so many ideas but my first plan is to F2 some TrapStars and cross my Birthday Cake with my Male. Little extra dose of some cherry in my cake.. :thumb:

Subbed for this grow! That Trap Star looks insane!!:blunt:
She's a looker, that's for sure
Here are a few from today. I just don't have the time to sit down and do a journal. Kids, Work, Gardening, etc.

I will keep an eye on this your progress and if you would like to see updates of mine just shoot me a reply.
Thanx, they look nice. I'll definetly be asking for a update in the near future.:thumb:
In understand about the time constraints for journals. Thanx again for the pics

Great start on the Trap Star Twox. Very healthy seedlings. That LA OG might be Rev. Fuji's '92 OG. Some believe it to be the actual orig. OG. He brought it from FL. Never let out until some in LA area got it way back....including Snoop & Cypress Hills' B Real. Some old High Times coverage on it. Rev. Fuji moved on to CO & was part of Imperial Genetics. Now in NorCal w/ Cult Classics. His flagship strain w/ the '92 OG is Kurple Fantasy #1. Good journal w/ interesting detail. :Namaste:

Great start on the Trap Star Twox. Very healthy seedlings. That LA OG might be Rev. Fuji's '92 OG. Some believe it to be the actual orig. OG. He brought it from FL. Never let out until some in LA area got it way back....including Snoop & Cypress Hills' B Real. Some old High Times coverage on it. Rev. Fuji moved on to CO & was part of Imperial Genetics. Now in NorCal w/ Cult Classics. His flagship strain w/ the '92 OG is Kurple Fantasy #1. Good journal w/ interesting detail. :Namaste:

Thanx Bright light, and thanx for the info. I still feel new to the whole grow scene and I feel like I've missed so much. Interesting facts like this always send me on a journey for knowledge that opens a whole new world. New breeders, new seed banks, more new breeders and the rich history that follows.. it's all so intriguing.

Still no solid info on the LA OG used by Exotic. They seem to like it though because their strain "The Candy" and "Four Kings" uses the same Og..

What's up everybody,
Update time for the Trap Star Babies. 5 of them seem to be thriving, the one in the back might be a mutant. #1 on is still my favorite, She just looks cutier.:love: There also one in the back that seems to be taller than the rest of the bunch. He/She seems to be susceptible to heat stress. We had a little heat wave and I didn't have a ac hooked up yet... I got caught with my pants down.. The rest of the little ones took itvlike a champ.

20170506_100336.jpg

Glamour shot of TS1... :love:
20170506_100155.jpg

Well, that's 10 out of 10 on the germination rate... :thumb:
These will be Trap Star 7 through 10. I use rapid rooters for my seeds and I've had good luck with them. They never sprout with helmets on and checking on them when they seem to be taking to long is easy and non destructive to the roots. These will replace any males I find. I haven't had the best luck trying to sex plants before flower so I prepare for the worst..
20170505_165959.jpg

Ts6... At first I was blaming her slow growth on minor mishaps but I'm starting to feel like it has nothing to do with me. I'm still hoping she will snap out of it and I will continue to as planned ... She looks mean though.
20170506_100513.jpg

Here's where the Trap Stars live.
This is my veg tent. A 2x4x4 filled with T5s..

20170505_170104.jpg

Thanx again everyone... Veg is kinds boring but they have about 5 weeks left until they hit flower... :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom