Family Man CFL Closet Grow - First Grow Ever!

That's what we need to determine. How much "filtered" exhaust you need. Since my computer is down, I can't access my spread sheet that would easily tell me.

That's why I was interested last night in finding out if your fan would be enough to cool the room. Then we could have worked up from there.

I suggest installing ac how ever you do it first, then run exhaust again and see it cools room.

Do it right the first time and never worry again.

My setup is completely different. Couldn't compare the two, but I went through these same steps.

My fan is 400, my filter is 400, but I reduce speed of fan with variac by 50% for single pass. Final exhaust is more than enough to cool my cabinet.

I only run 300 watts
Darn I may need 600 cfm fan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Is there any way to find out how much cfm your existing fan is? Maybe a serial number or model that can be googled?

The a.c. Is the elephant in the room. Without it is easy to figure out what you would need. But if you do add it, you could get away with less exhaust and filter.

I think 400/800 would be pushing it. It may work, it may not. It would depend on the ambient air temp incoming to cool room.

1000 watts ain't no joke in a closet.

15 days in

420-magazine-mobile1931454550.jpg

1000w cut down to 50% is now in tent while I organize my grow closet...temps are about 79-80°... Planning on getting a mh next week and continue to veg these out... I just started germing 6 super silver, 1 white berry, another cotton candy and just picked up 20 OG#18 seed... Yea and Amazon messed my order up on my nutrients which I planned on having tomorrow so that's going to have to wait...atleast I can ph my water on next watering ... Super Thrive has been added not sure I notice a difference but I got two short bushy dense plants and they already stink and stink my fingers just touching them...

420-magazine-mobile669555041.jpg

Going on 3 weeks in veg... Transplanted a couple into 5 gal buckets... Watered them all with 6.6 pH RO water... They all look good...sprouted a White Berry and a second Cotton Candy... Tent is getting full but closet should be in production this weekend...

Also found a beginner's flowering recipe inma try... I been looking into super soils but imma take it easy... Should be good...

Found some Grand Daddy Purp and Jesus OG (God is good, pun intended) seed from my sisters hubby... Ill be picking that up soon....

420-magazine-mobile1482261929.jpg

Closet is getting closer to being set up the way I want... I got the ballast up to 750w and temps are about 78° as of now, I been keeping an eye on it with door shut for a couple hours, seems stable...

420-magazine-mobile1113008480.jpg

Seedlings are in tent back with my CFLs, and I have to admit those compact bulbs are so much easier to help you maintain stress while growing...those are White Berry, Cotton Candy, and Area 87... I had 8 seeds of Super Silver and not a single one has popped... Got 10+ OG#18 I'm saving tho...

420-magazine-mobile1914884843.jpg

Yup I will be transplanting my next batch of OG Kush into 5 gallon buckets with 50/50 FFOF x FFHF... Yup those are Nectar for the Gods nutes back there... I eventually plan on running strictly organics soon enough and perhaps High Brix... So this will be my gateway way in with these nutes... I'm learning here I'm learning, give me a break would you...

420-magazine-mobile440923363.jpg

Goodnight 420

Very nice, seems like you are doing great so far. The hps is used for veg now? Are you gonna do some training with all that space? Happy growing! :Namaste:

Very nice, seems like you are doing great so far. The hps is used for veg now? Are you gonna do some training with all that space? Happy growing! :Namaste:
I plan on getting a MH soon but the HPS is all I got right now and yes there in veg just passed 3 weeks...I might flip in 2 more weeks...and yea I wanna do some LST perhaps some Super Cropping... But I'm taking it day by day...it's a lot

I plan on getting a MH soon but the HPS is all I got right now and yes there in veg just passed 3 weeks...I might flip in 2 more weeks...and yea I wanna do some LST perhaps some Super Cropping... But I'm taking it day by day...it's a lot

Sounds great man, good luck!

Cool air intake going into closet coming from my bedroom bathroom and that bathroom stays super cool so I'm happy...besides what other option do I have...portable a.c.? I hope not...

420-magazine-mobile1425107181.jpg

Ac vent blowing into bathroom is getting sucked into grow closet with an ipower 6" duct fan... I well place a vent inlet such as the a.c. Vent to cover up the hole in the wall and make it look purty...

420-magazine-mobile1190398230.jpg

Vent flex duct going to ground where fan is placed...currently got complete closet sealed from incoming light leaks under doors passive vent and waiting for temp check...prior temps where 78°

420-magazine-mobile2002390796.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1909090078.jpg

Small update...on the closet...just fought a bad pH swing...got it under control and was a major lesson learned... Was watering these babies without my pH pen and when I finally started using it, it was turning ugly quick... Stunted the crap out of the Kush plants they'll never be the same but we gonna finish the race... Once I dialed my pH and fed them with N4TG they came back around... The Area 87 bag seed plants in the back where soldiers through it all they where a bit resilient than the rest the front right plant another bag seed showed signs first and my cotton candy on the front right is a bit younger so it got a slight burn but not bad... Does anyone else feel the pain when they girls are sick? I did... Goodnight 420 .

Back
Top Bottom