Fem Seed Producing Attempt

That could be actually about right. And would make sense based on that article about ionic/colloidal silver. I know I once mentioned 60 ppm but that may not have been accurate. I mean, I did get 60ppm once but most of the time it doesn’t get that high. Who knows, the rainwater I started with might have had a little something in it, or maybe I spilled some of my rum or my dinner in it , or the rum I was having for dinner, or something, when I was making it.

so i guess once it's to that point where the meter stops reading more, it's probably done. a guide i found here at 420 showed that it only took him 20 to 30 mins to make a batch, but he used boiling water.

Yeah that’s been my experience. It maxes out and then just produces impressive amounts of black froth but the ppm doesn’t seem to rise. Plus there’s no reason to believe they were lying when they said in that article that silver only dissolves to a low percentage, with a couple variables.
My Bluelab meter only reads ppm in increments of 10. I’m almost right out of CS anyway, so if im going to keep spraying part of that plant in the name of science, I may have to make up another batch. A good thing to do on this dark and stormy day.

Yeah that’s been my experience. It maxes out and then just produces impressive amounts of black froth but the ppm doesn’t seem to rise. Plus there’s no reason to believe they were lying when they said in that article that silver only dissolves to a low percentage, with a couple variables.
My Bluelab meter only reads ppm in increments of 10. I’m almost right out of CS anyway, so if im going to keep spraying part of that plant in the name of science, I may have to make up another batch. A good thing to do on this dark and stormy day.

another thing i've noticed is the adapter with 150mA hasn't made any big chunks. the only stuff that's on the bottom is from me taking the lid off and disturbing the stuff built up on the one piece.

where the 3x 9v batteries and the 1amp adapter seemed to aggressively send big pieces falling. i might be totally wrong about that and missing another variable all together tho.

so happy to finally find out what i've been saving all those dozens of adapters for. Now if i could only find a use for all these old telephone cables :laugh:

Ha ha. Yeah I’ve got a box full of them too. Was thinking I could use the telephone cord to strangle my cell service providers with....

Modern problems require classic solutions :laugh:

another thing i've noticed is the adapter with 150mA hasn't made any big chunks. the only stuff that's on the bottom is from me taking the lid off and disturbing the stuff built up on the one piece.

where the 3x 9v batteries and the 1amp adapter seemed to aggressively send big pieces falling. i might be totally wrong about that and missing another variable all together tho.

so happy to finally find out what i've been saving all those dozens of adapters for. Now if i could only find a use for all these old telephone cables :laugh:

The coiled ones from handsets can be used to move LED drivers out of the tent. The solid core wires make excellent patch cords for breadboards. As children we used to make toys from them. Trucks, windmills, and dolls are some of the projects we completed as kids.

Was thinking I could use the telephone cord to strangle my cell service providers with....

Mine haven't aggravated me to that point yet; but give it time. I'm sure they will.

As children we used to make toys from them.

Ha ha. Way too modern for me. I grew up way out in the bush in the Yukon and other points north and we never had a place with a telephone till I was in my late teens. I learned to use a pay phone when I was 15 no lie- embarrassing at the time but what isn’t when you’re 15. What we called radio telephone was the means of communication for all the north. RIP channel 4441.

We used to make telephones out of waxed string and toilet paper roll tubes though- could talk for hours....

hehehe...radio phone calls...remember those from a couple seasons working outside of Dawson City...everybody knew Yer' business...wasn't too much different than what I had at home at the time tho'...a 4-party line...that made for some tense times between neighbors... :eek: :rofl:...I'm not nearly as remote as you Weasel, but my cell booster has me almost ready to cut the landline...would probably cover cerveza costs in Mexico for a few month's...;)...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...

hehehe...radio phone calls...remember those from a couple seasons working outside of Dawson City...everybody knew Yer' business...wasn't too much different than what I had at home at the time tho'...a 4-party line...that made for some tense times between neighbors... :eek: :rofl:...I'm not nearly as remote as you Weasel, but my cell booster has me almost ready to cut the landline...would probably cover cerveza costs in Mexico for a few month's...;)...cheerz...:high-five:...h00k...:hookah:...

Does that ever bring back memories. Party line - check. We shared with several families including one with seven teenage daughters. The worst part was that calling the folks across the road was long distance!

The normal routine out-bush was to have your radio on for an hour or two every night - what we called the ‘sked’ (sched?). So that whoever wanted to talk to us could. So pretty much everyone had the radio on the evenings in those long dark winter nights. Shit even the days were dark in winter up there for that matter. This was in the 60’s and 70’s. Some of the conversations on there were really hilarious. The entire north was listening in and once in a while people would just chime in with stuff and it could get pretty carried away with a little drink involved :laughtwo: I wish some of those conversations have been recorded for posterity. That whole way of life is completely gone now, along with most of the bush.

Hey Gang!

26 day of spraying and day 20 from flip.

still spraying 3 times a day min. and i think i'm finally seeing something happening. they don't look like any buds i've grown yet lol.

i've noticed in a lot of flipping pic that these little smooth edged leaves will grow, and i also have some of them growing.
here's a few pics and hopefully someone can confirm for me.
20191020_183147.jpg20191020_191952.jpg20191020_192020.jpg20191020_192039.jpg20191020_192055.jpg20191020_192112.jpg20191020_192134.jpg20191020_192208.jpg

Hey Gang!

26 day of spraying and day 20 from flip.

still spraying 3 times a day min. and i think i'm finally seeing something happening. they don't look like any buds i've grown yet lol.

i've noticed in a lot of flipping pic that these little smooth edged leaves will grow, and i also have some of them growing.
here's a few pics and hopefully someone can confirm for me.
20191020_183147.jpg20191020_191952.jpg20191020_192020.jpg20191020_192039.jpg20191020_192055.jpg20191020_192112.jpg20191020_192134.jpg20191020_192208.jpg
oh They look different for sure.

We have balls!

so i guess that answers the question about whether or not the CS i bought would do the trick. it appears to be the real deal.

Now i just have to hope there's something in them when they start to open up.

20191022_180251.jpg20191022_180330.jpg20191022_180341.jpg20191022_180432.jpg20191022_180447.jpg20191022_180516.jpg

Tried CS, that stuff is the worst... Suggest what the pros use, STS.

Way Easier to make, way cheaper to buy, easier to turn plants, needs less to work, a stock batch of sts that gets diluted into a working solution costs Penny's to make and can turn hundreds of plants. Why use CS? Its expensive to buy, you need to spray a ton, and it may not even turn after all that.

"Each liter of stock STS will make ten 1-liter batches of working solution of STS. With the minimum amount of base chemicals ordered from Photographer's Formulary (see link below), this means that each 1-liter bottle of working solution STS costs less than 9 cents, and can treat 15-20 mid-sized plants. That's 200 1-liter batches of STS for $18. Note that the distilled water costs far more than the chemicals."

Ordered the ingredients this week. I hope it works.
I guess the reason that less people get around to making STS is that you have to order the chemicals separately, and at least one of them presents some health concerns, whereas CS is generally easily available and if not is dead easy to make.

I guarentee to you that it will work.

The health concerns are minimal, basics like work in a ventilated area and I personally use an N95 mask are sufficient. Trust me, make the switch. You'll be so much happier with the results.

It is also important to use basic safety precautions when mixing and handling these chemicals, so read the safety data links provided. The risk is similar to mixing and handling chemical fertilizers, and similar handling procedures are sufficient.

I personally got my supplies from Amazon but not sure if it's still available

Tried CS, that stuff is the worst... Suggest what the pros use, STS.

Way Easier to make, way cheaper to buy, easier to turn plants, needs less to work, a stock batch of sts that gets diluted into a working solution costs Penny's to make and can turn hundreds of plants. Why use CS? Its expensive to buy, you need to spray a ton, and it may not even turn after all that.

"Each liter of stock STS will make ten 1-liter batches of working solution of STS. With the minimum amount of base chemicals ordered from Photographer's Formulary (see link below), this means that each 1-liter bottle of working solution STS costs less than 9 cents, and can treat 15-20 mid-sized plants. That's 200 1-liter batches of STS for $18. Note that the distilled water costs far more than the chemicals."
It's not as easy to come by the ingredients in Canada. Also I like to use what I have on hand if I can. So far so good.

The ingredients are available in foto supply shops. They use them in the dark room to develop pics. The best reason to switch is because it costs Penny's per batch then CS but if you have silver to make your own and it works then by all means enjoy.

This is for anyone else who doesnt want to buy silver and deal with electronics and water. Personally sounds like a bad combo especially when you add the boiling water to everything.

Back
Top Bottom