First Grow 600W, Tent, Soil, AK47, Bubblegum - Advice Wanted

big eazy

Hey guys this is my first grow and upon purchasing and setting up my system it has become apparent that i need all the help i can get... i will give you the run down, i got a small cabinet i am planning to use for a mother plant and cloning it has 2 x 18w fluros with a small intake and exhaust fan and a heat lamp for well heat of course, then i have a 4ft x 4ft x 6ft tent with a 600w bulb with a cool tube and fan, also a large exhaust fan with charcoal filter running into a silencer and a intake fan , i will get pics up tomorrow of my setup.
i have grown from seed in my cabinet
3 x AK47
2 x bubble gum
1 x unknown
i have just repotted the seedlings into there big pots and have got my tent going i have done as much research on here and utube as i can but the thought of pests and everything else that can affect them is a little scary so with your guys help hopefully i can get these babies to bud and let the good times roll. so welcome to my journal all i will try and keep you as updated as i can,feel free to comment and give me tips, peace

Re: first grow 600w, tent, soil advice wanted

ip5a_007.jpg
ip5a_008.jpg
ip5a_002.jpg
ip5a_005.jpg
ip5a_006.jpg
ip5a_009.jpg

ip5a_003.jpg[

ok guys so as you will see i have made a home made baffle box for my exhaust fan as noise is a serious concern, with acoustic ducting on the way, with the box and silencer i should have that problem sorted ... so the plants are 2.5 weeks old from seed the pics dont look that crash hot they are all very nice green im running under 600w mh bulb for vege and will switch to hps for flower ,but i would like to know what you all think size wise and leaf size ect ,they look a little small to me ,, i am using canna nutrients and will be starting on the 3rd week mix shortly of rizotonic, cannazime and vegga sorry about spelling i am having a bit of trouble with getting temperature up at the moment i have turned off the cooltube exhaust and im still only getting temps of around 58 whats the best way to increase the temp should i put a heater in there ? any info is welcomed thanks

So, a summer design isn't working in your cool climate?
1) Turn off your exhaust for now
2) Turn off the hood circuit fan
3) Re-route lamp cord to put ballast in the tent
4) Close tent air flaps
5) Small space heater
6) Cuss quietly, but with heat! (this would be my first step)

I'll put that last photo up for you, and everyone:
ip5a_003.jpg

Re: first grow 600w, tent, soil, ak47,bubblegum advice wanted

Thanks for the upload !!! Well thats the problem temps are around 30 below normal here and been raining none stop for about a week i even bought a portable air conditioner 2 weeks ago and was going to get it setup this week if anything heat will be my biggest problem with temps being in the 90 to 115 range with 70% humidity for the next 3 months.... so i relocated the ballast and limited my intake and exhaust with some cloth have gotten temps up to 60 with 72% humidity do you think this will be enough ? also the dirt seems a little moist should i hold off watering and if so for how long ? im used to working in celsius so still getting used to farenheit :)

I'm pretty sure you could just turn off the exhaust to the lamp and then raise the plants up closer to get some of the radiant heat that is produced to warm up your plants, not the whole tent. Then when the temps go back up, switch it on and move the plants down. Same effect if you can move the light.

And why the extra nutes? Soil should provide for you just fine until flower. I know a lot of us go crazy with nutes but better off using what is in the soil first before adding some. Could bind up the roots with harmful salts if done in excess. I only add nutes for flower in soil and have had some pretty nice results. Of course hydro is a different story and is all about the nutes, but soil... kinda unnecessary and defeats the purpose of using soil. Just a suggestion.

Thats what i need people in the know to tell me how to grow, the guy at the hydro shop where i bought all the nutrents gave me some advice and the canna guide so i was just going to follow that, but if yall think i need to just use water thats what i will do,,, any other thoughts on this matter ?

Re: First grow 600w, tent, soil, ak47,bubblegum advice wanted

Herbsnbuds gave good advise IMO. Keep updating your journal, and I along with others will keep up and comment when we think we can do good.
Cannabis doesn't need to be 'grown'. It will grow well on its' own program if you provide the basic conditions it needs. Sounds simple? It is.

18 days from seed first 2 are ak47, 3rd one is unknown and 4th one is bubblegum fingers crossed there all girls

so im wondering about LST and pinching whats the thoughts on which is best, easier, safer ?

thanks Propa Gator, got a few more questions
1. so how often should i be watering and how much ? i have been giving them around 200ml every 2nd day the top of the soil still seems wet, but underneath seems dry,
2. what distance should i have the light from them? at the moment i have them about 60cm(23inc) the temps at plant height is 28c (82f) day and 19c (66f) night ,humidity between 55 and 75
3.when should i turn on the ocillating fan i have just been running the intake and exhaust and the stems still seem a little weak so dont want to knock em over

hey man nice start from what i have been told you should have the fan on them so the stems can get stronger i have a fan on them the whole time the lights are on if this helps mabee have it on a slow setting first in your worried and i water every few days when i water i water till there is leakage from the bottom and from what i have experianced the top gets dry befor the soil underneth and with my lights i have them about 3-4 in. from the tallest plant but my lights dont really get that hot hope this helps

A fan also helps prevent stretching and promotes tighter nodes. It focuses the energy used by the plant on making the stem stronger rather than making the plant taller. Its a process used by most growers implementing ScrOG grows for it keeps everything shorter and tighter. Topping or fimming can help also but can increase grow time and stress the plant.

Get some wind in there pronto. I made that mistake once before and paid for it on a yield. Weak buds from weak stems.

Oh and as far as topping... wait until they enter the veg stage. Your still in seedling stage for about a week. If your going to top, grasp only the 2 newest leaves starting a set with your thumb and forefinger... pull straight up while holding the base of the plant with your fingers. Do not pinch or tear, just pop the top. It will take a few days for the plant to recover but it will grow 2 more stems where you just took off 1. Be careful not to do this too early for it will stress the plant into a hermi or a male (not good unless you are breeding).

:goodluck:

Ok im going to get the fan on tonight when i get home for sure, they are getting bigger by the day its amazing how fast they grow, i will get some pics up in the morning, yeah i think i havnt been watering them enough either so will up there dosage as well , im not sure if i should go with cloning or try and pollinate my own to get some seeds, im worried about the hassles with cloning disease ect, how hard is it to pollonate one bud and not having it spread ? its risky trying to get seeds in all the time and i found growing from seed pretty easy, that is as long as i get a couple of females that is (fingers crossed)plan is i will be have twice as many plants next time if i go that way to allow for a few males, thanks all for imput ..... :peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom