AK47 Serious Seeds - First Grow - CFL - Soil

damn mate, thems some very nice buds, im trying to get some purple buds myself, i have got a bluematic which clearly shows blue or purple buds on the packet, yet i am getting no purple at all, i have taken the plant out of the grow room at night and placed it near an open window so it lowers the temp which should give me some purple buds, yet nothing is happening and the plant has nearly finished flower, im not sure where im going wrong or what i can do to bring out the purpe, ill keep trying and see what happens, ive heard that its in the genes of the plant or it can be induced by lowering the night time temp, ive also seen plants that turn purple and have purple leaves when they are flowering out doors and later in the growing season, but i wondered if you have some idea of how to bring out the purple in plants,
Hey Donpaul, thanks for the kind words :)

Yeah some plants just have it in their genetics to turn purple as soon as there is a significant temperature drop at night which is what I think is happening to Ms. Purple as temperatures now get as low as as 24c - 26c in the Day and 16c at night. While some other strains dont even need the temperature push and will just purple naturally as they mature and outdoors would have a much more dramatic contrast in Day / Night temperature making it much easier for the plants to purple. I think it is usually stated that plants that do have the ability will begin to show signs as soon as the temps get as low as 18c ( 65f ) at night :)

People do silly things like water their plants with Ice water but I would never risk anything like that just to achieve a colour change.

Considering that it is now so late in flower and there is still no purpling I would just say that you more than likely just cracked a Phenotype that didn't carry over the Purpling ability genetics from the parents which can easily happen as Different genes are either Recessive/or/Dormant between each and every seed even if it was from the same batch, that's just nature :)

Its like the same situation with my girl except the other way around, I have never heard of AK47 turning Purple and none of my other AK47 girls have any purpling at all but are each in the exact same conditions, I just happened to crack a Phenotype with Ms. Purple that must have just carried over the dormant purple genes from a distant ancestor and with your girl it could be Visa Versa.

Thanks for stopping by.

:peace:

I'm glad you asked actually i'm set on a 5 fem of G13 Pineapple express... but i wanna do a pick and mix and i'm torn on Humboldt Blue Dream and Dutch Passion Strawberry Cough , which would you choose 420?

The G13 Pineapple express should be an interesting grow :)

If It was me I would probably go with the Blue Dream, the only problem is that It would get way too tall for my area ha ha :)

What is your reasoning for resulting in those 2 strains ?

Just bumping the update forward so that it has the top of a page :)

UPDATE:

DAY 59 OF FLOWER
( 0 - 4 DAYS REMAINING )

Hello everybody :)

The girls have been doing great and packing on more and more resin every day :)

If going by the breeders recommended flowering times I would have 4 more days of flowering remaining but I still think that they all might be able to go up to another week or so but I will keep checking the Trichomes every day until the tops have about 30% amber meaning that the slightly lower buds and the Trichomes on the interior of the buds should be almost fully cloudy which is what I am looking for, If I harvest when the tops are fully cloudy it would mean that a much larger proportion of the harvest would not have hit peak maturation. At the moment I would say there is an average of about 20% Cloudy 5% Amber and 75% Clear so there is still some waiting to do :)

The colas of Ms. Sativa have become so encrusted in resin that they actually look completely white rather than green.

The colas of Ms. Purple are showing way more signs of purpling on some of the smaller leaves and on most of the calyxes.

The Colas of Ms. Tropical have suddenly gone into quite a large bloom of new white pistil development which I just think might be showing signs of the final swell, she actually has a higher % of cloudy Trichomes than the other girls, they really are very different Phenotypes ha ha

They are all still being fed with only plain PH'd to 6.5 water and now a lot of the larger fan leaves are beginning to yellow and fall off along with a slight yellowing among the smaller leaves, it is happening quite quickly with Ms. Sativa and Ms. Tropical but Ms. Purple does not seem to want to yellow as easily and a lot of her green fan leaves remain but are beginning to yellow.

The very final stages have begun, Harvest could be any day now :yahoo:

I threw away all of my clones, aside from the 3 Sisters growing now and decided to keep one extra which looked to be showing more indica leaves than any of the girls so far. She has been appropriately named Ms. Indica. These were all Re-potted to continue their lives as Mothers. The very small Veg box now comfortably fits these 4 mothers rather than the 10 clones that I did have ha ha

So It is decided for the next grow that it will be a SOG method with 8 to 10 X 5 Litre pots consisting of:​

Ms. Sativa, Ms. Purple, Ms. Tropical, and Ms. Indica,

That's about all the new news that I can think of for now, I'm just patiently waiting with my eyes glued to the plants :trance: ha ha Here are some pictures showing the development since the last update :)

Enjoy :)

Below: Tops.

11670.JPG

21267.JPG

31140.JPG

4790.JPG

5628.JPG

6525.JPG

7465.JPG

8362.JPG

9271.JPG

10247.JPG

11672.JPG

Below: Macro shots.

11673.JPG

21268.JPG

31141.JPG

4792.JPG

5629.JPG

6526.JPG

7466.JPG

8363.JPG

9272.JPG

10248.JPG

11674.JPG

12250.JPG

13184.JPG

14164.JPG

15147.JPG

16144.JPG

17139.JPG

18129.JPG

I hope you all enjoyed this update, Please feel free to join in and comment :)

:thumb:

The G13 Pineapple express should be an interesting grow :)

If It was me I would probably go with the Blue Dream, the only problem is that It would get way too tall for my area ha ha :)

What is your reasoning for resulting in those 2 strains ?

No real reason awhile back i smoked some strawberry cough and its been my favorite till this day, the problem though its mostly sativa and seeing how I'm already using Cfls i was looking to stay closer to indicas. But on top of all that i plan on ordering for attitudes October promo which is 3 different Reserve Privada Kush's so either way I'll be happy :thumb:

No real reason awhile back i smoked some strawberry cough and its been my favorite till this day, the problem though its mostly sativa and seeing how I'm already using Cfls i was looking to stay closer to indicas. But on top of all that i plan on ordering for attitudes October promo which is 3 different Reserve Privada Kush's so either way I'll be happy :thumb:

Well the Blue Dream seems to get much taller than the strawberry cough so the strawberry might be a better option for you considering height is an issue and if you still only wanted to go with only 1 of them.

Personally I would love to grow the OG #18 it stays short, is extremely potent and has a super heavy yield but that's just me :)

Well the Blue Dream seems to get much taller than the strawberry cough so the strawberry might be a better option for you considering height is an issue and if you still only wanted to go with only 1 of them.

Personally I would love to grow the OG #18 it stays short, is extremely potent and has a super heavy yield but that's just me :)

Well the og #18 is coming anyway with the promo but I wanna save the Og's for when i got things under my belt the PE will be my first grow and i'm only tryna do 2 plants at a time and Lst or Fim or both, which is better for yield?

I hope you all enjoyed this update, Please feel free to join in and comment

I hope I have given you reps for these beauties ... am I having deja vu?

I hope I have given you reps for these beauties ... am I having deja vu?
Yes you have given +Reps ha ha I am very grateful :Namaste:

Remember when you said :
watch that "purple" one close it could be something else ....
and
I don't want to type it and jinx you. Just watch close.

Do you think it might be safe now to tell me what you thought was something else ? :)

when u chopping man they look ready to me!???
Hey getyourgrowon

I wish they were ready ha ha it's 2 days past the estimated '' Harvest Date '' and most of the Trichomes are still clear, I wonder how much longer its going to take for all of them to turn cloudy :hmmmm:

Back
Top Bottom