First Grow Advice Welcome

Sorry about replying twice new to this still getting to know the ropes please yes tell me about PAR ? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
I am no expert but i its the distance that your led will give light to your plants for them to maximise photosynthesis or something like that. Usually its aroubd 50cm from led to canope thats measured.

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I am just starting my second grow, everything grow wise looks good to me. The only thing I see that I would change is put both hooks from your light chains threw the clip, I had some lights strung like that in my shop, came in one day and one was hanging by one side. I would hate to see your babies get smashed.

Is this what you're referring too ? If so I have made extra sure that it won't end up doing that thank you so for the heads up tho cheers!! Respects

420-magazine-mobile42020988.jpg

Can anyone Help me with my first grow?

I am no expert but i its the distance that your led will give light to your plants for them to maximise photosynthesis or something like that. Usually its aroubd 50cm from led to canope thats measured.

Good Question hmmm I'd have to do some research on that one, there both 600w each they say that it's not the exact watts that they actually pump out and that's the max wattage it can withhold. I'm sure there's some diagram out there that they have that can tell me how much they actually really push out. The wide spectrum is awesome so far I am loving these lights!

King Plus Double Chip LED Grow Light Review

lmao

Lochness you got a sweet set up there, and your off to a great start.

Those ladies are going to be handfull before too long.

:Namaste:

Thanks so much for the kindness if you have any questions maybe I can help out also I'm no pro but hey we all can learn from each other cheers!

Good Question hmmm I'd have to do some research on that one, there both 600w each they say that it's not the exact watts that they actually pump out and that's the max wattage it can withhold. I'm sure there's some diagram out there that they have that can tell me how much they actually really push out. The wide spectrum is awesome so far I am loving these lights!

I would suggest you check with the manufacturer what they recommend. :)

Hey Lochness, im running a king plus 1200w and i started my seedlings under the led once i put them in the tent. Ive never had the king plus more than 24 inches above the plants. May want to consider lowering the led's some. It'll help prevent your babies from stretching and hopefully produce some nice short and bushy girls.

Keep em frosty ya'll

Thanks I did just that cheers thank you so much!

420-magazine-mobile1509288708.jpg

There you go :)

I have my king plus 1200w hanging at 19 inches above the canopy, they love it. .

What do you think I was going to buy just one LED and it was a 1200w I'm wondering do you think I made a good choice buying 2-600w instead ? More light = More yield ? Or maybe it's too much light for my 4x4x6 tent IDKnow Lol

420-magazine-mobile82041305.jpg

I realy dont think itll be too much light and 2 600's should cover your tent better then my 1200w. I bought a light mover to better cover my 4x4 tent.

Keep em frosty ya'll

How can I find out that reading so I need a meter of some sort ?

The only device that does this is a PAR meter. PAR is photosynthetically active radiation. It's the light that plants see.

You could use comparative results in LUX with your iPhone by using the Galatica app. It's not scientific but it can help with light placement.
I get this value at 5 inches from my plant using reflective light mode on the app.
420-magazine-mobile1163251252.jpg

In direct measurement mode (camera pointing directly at light) I get this value.
420-magazine-mobile1202618939.jpg

Get the app and see what results you get.

Or spend $500 on a good PAR meter.

Like I said. It's not a PAR meter. But it'll give you an idea.
I keep my LED's around 8" inches from the canopy.
And keep in mind your (or any) LED's are not 600 or 1000w. Watts is a unit of consumption not a measurement of brightness. Chinese companies use watts to fool you. If you plugged your LED panel into a "kil-a-watt" meter. (A metre that tells you how much electricity you're drawing out of the wall) you would probably find that you're drawing about 230 W per panel out from the plug.
It's kind of a scam and people need to be aware of this. By comparison I use 12x100 W equivalent LED bulbs that consume actual 14 W a piece from the wall. That's only 168watts. But by Chinese standards I would be using 1200 Watts. See how companies lie to us. Lol.

The only device that does this is a PAR meter. PAR is photosynthetically active radiation. It's the light that plants see.

You could use comparative results in LUX with your iPhone by using the Galatica app. It's not scientific but it can help with light placement.
I get this value at 5 inches from my plant using reflective light mode on the app.
420-magazine-mobile1163251252.jpg

In direct measurement mode (camera pointing directly at light) I get this value.
420-magazine-mobile1202618939.jpg

Get the app and see what results you get.

Or spend $500 on a good PAR meter.

Downloaded the app thanks I'll give it a try cheers!!!

Like I said. It's not a PAR meter. But it'll give you an idea.
I keep my LED's around 8" inches from the canopy.
And keep in mind your (or any) LED's are not 600 or 1000w. Watts is a unit of consumption not a measurement of brightness. Chinese companies use watts to fool you. If you plugged your LED panel into a "kil-a-watt" meter. (A metre that tells you how much electricity you're drawing out of the wall) you would probably find that you're drawing about 230 W per panel out from the plug.
It's kind of a scam and people need to be aware of this. By comparison I use 12x100 W equivalent LED bulbs that consume actual 14 W a piece from the wall. That's only 168watts. But by Chinese standards I would be using 1200 Watts. See how companies lie to us. Lol.

Great info and the truth about led wattage I have 2king plus 600w each but really as you state is only 250w thanks again good info man cheers!

Back
Top Bottom