First Grow CFL Flowering Since 1/20/09

Thanks, i appreciate it. I'm down to one now, i got rid of the male. Next grow I'm going to either make an ebb&flow setup, or just buy one, but I'm not sure which yet. I could probably build it cheaper, but finding everything i need around here is a pain in the ass. I just can't wait until my baby is done, my hook-up here is somewhat unreliable, and i have to bug a friend to get it for me since i just moved back here.

Thanks, i appreciate it. I'm down to one now, i got rid of the male. Next grow I'm going to either make an ebb&flow setup, or just buy one, but I'm not sure which yet. I could probably build it cheaper, but finding everything i need around here is a pain in the ass. I just can't wait until my baby is done, my hook-up here is somewhat unreliable, and i have to bug a friend to get it for me since i just moved back here.

I feel you on the hook-up. I just moved to a new city and everything is so unreliable. Good luck on finding some danks until you harvest your beautiful lady! :rollit:

Yeah, looking good BSGPa!!

As it stretches over the next few weeks, you should have ample opportunity to take a clone or two. You could then have another known female (or two) coming right in behind your lady.

Does she have a name? :smokin:

Rooting compound helps but it's not absolutely necessary. You can clone with an inch of potting soil in a cup, and the cup sitting in a saucer with 1/8" of water in the bottom. You don't even need a dome or anything, just mist it a few times a day. After 10 days, stop putting water in the saucer and let it dry for two or three days, continuing to mist. As it dries, the newly formed roots will grow to search for water. You should start to see a little new growth at the top. At that point, just transplant to a larger cup, being careful to take all the soil and not damage the newly formed roots. After another week, she should be taking hold.

Nice work so far. +reps

:peace:

Harry

Thanks DR.215, i used to live hear 5 years ago, i moved here when i was in 10th grade, so i still have friends here, most of them don't smoke anymore. The one that can get me stuff can't afford it, so i feel bad bugging him to get me some, even though i always make sure to hook him up.

And thank you Harry Red for the valuable info. Like i said this is my first grow so still learning. I thought i had to have the cloning gel, so know i think i will try and take a clone or 2, even though my wife doesn't want me to hurt her baby, lol. And for the name, no i real haven't named her. I'm not good at that, i have a 73 harley chopper that i haven't even named, lol

wow, that's a great plant man, i'm just starting my own. I love these guys, they are always happy to help.

Glad I could pass along some info. When it comes to indoor growing, I am a relative neophyte too. :smokin:

Lola sounds good!!

I understand about not wanting to cut on your ladies, but you'll get over that soon enough. ;)

I guess the only issue you will have is where to put a clone. You'll need a CFL or two to use on the clone and during vegging (running at 18/6) so that is something to consider before cloning. If you wait much longer, you'll have a full flowering clone and it will grow a little strange looking at first, until it transitions back to the vegetative state. You will get lots of branching with a flowering clone, which can be a plus.

Harry

Hmmm, now i have to decided whether or not to clone now or wait a little until it flowers;) The place for it isn't a problem. I just tossed that grow room together with stuff around the house, and i have enough left to build another one. But i still have my closet everything started in and lights. But as soon i can i want to build an actual room with wood and do it right down in my basement. I plan on getting and ebb&flow setup and a 400mh/hps, but i think i will do some in soil also, just becuase i like it:grinjoint:

That sounds like a good plan, BSGPa. Two rooms is really a must for a perpetual grow. You can get at least 5 harvests a year, maybe 6 with a quick finishing strain.

I'm gonna stick with soil for the foreseeable future. Not ruling out hydro at some point though. ;)

Harry

I'm debating on buying or building. I have tons of rubbermaid tubs in the house like 18 gallon and a few a little bit bigger, and i also have the under the bed totes for a flood tray. I would just have to get a pump, airstone, something for the fill/drain and overflow(but if I look hard enough I'm sure I have something here to make one, I like to mcguyver things and have a bunch of junk around lol), then i just have to get off my lazy ass and drive like 60 miles to the hydro store or medium(thinking clay pellets) and i should be good to go. I'm not working right now, so i have a lot of time on my hands for tinkering:smokin:

yea, you and almost 10% of the country aren't working right now.... ugh. that's why i love the saying: money doesn't get you through the times of no weed like weed gets you through times with no money. lol

How did this grow turn out?
We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Hi nice start, when using cfl lifgts 30 watts sq ft for veg, 60 to 70 watts for flowering,,but you will get good results if the bulbs are only 1 inch from plants check out my first and sencond grow,I have a BIGBANG in veg with 4 30 watt 5400k..only no leds on that one just to see how it would do..its too big,i didnt have room to flower it,,my bad..ps when you flower your plant use 2, 2700k bulbs and 1 5400k or 6500k the plant will get real frosty good luck, cfls rock in coco .have a great day

Back
Top Bottom